MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Flu! Colds!
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

marcrph

Portugal

I have been giving lots of influenza shots this cold season, but I have just got rid of the worst cold I have had in recent memory! I lost about 3 weeks of training time. I would like to have that time back.

Most of the time health care professionals are exposed to every kind of germ there is. It's like germ warfare everyday on the job. Unfortunately, there are NO replacements for a sick health care-giver. It comes with the territory, you must work even if you are sick, because you are needed, (however it seems most do not respect care-givers today).

So, how does a HITer keep from getting sick?

1) Hand washing with soap is without question a necessity.

2) Hand sanitizer is a necessary tool when hand washing with soap is unavailable.

3) Always do the above before eating.

4) Keep hands out of eyes, nose and MOUTH at all times. NO exceptions.

5) Wash hands per protocol after restroom visits.

Gym etiquette requires getting your own sweat up, but I would wear clothing to protect myself when using equipment at a gym. (gloves)

Bottom line: Getting sick is awful, so practice over-learning on sanitation, and you may possibly eliminate sick days away from the gym.

Marc: Registered Pharmacist
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

marcrph wrote:
I have been giving lots of influenza shots this cold season, but I have just got rid of the worst cold I have had in recent memory! I lost about 3 weeks of training time. I would like to have that time back.


You are more patient than I am, Marc.

I'm about 2-1/2 weeks into a bronchial infection myself. Week 1 was full-blown cold, but the last week-and-a-half has just been coughing and some chest congestion.

After the first week I was back in the gym just to move around. Those were definitely NTF workouts.

This Monday was my first all-out workout since Jan 26th.

Thanks for the pointers.

Scott

P.S. I got the flu vaccine back in November, but it didn't protect me against this crap.

P.P.S. Let me add: Avoid undue stress at work. It'll run you down and put you in a vulnerable position for a "bug" attack!
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

simon-hecubus wrote:
marcrph wrote:
I have been giving lots of influenza shots this cold season, but I have just got rid of the worst cold I have had in recent memory! I lost about 3 weeks of training time. I would like to have that time back.

You are more patient than I am, Marc.

I'm about 2-1/2 weeks into a bronchial infection myself. Week 1 was full-blown cold, but the last week-and-a-half has just been coughing and some chest congestion.

After the first week I was back in the gym just to move around. Those were definitely NTF workouts.

This Monday was my first all-out workout since Jan 26th.

Thanks for the pointers.

Scott

P.S. I got the flu vaccine back in November, but it didn't protect me against this crap.

P.P.S. Let me add: Avoid undue stress at work. It'll run you down and put you in a vulnerable position for a "bug" attack!


Hi Scott,

Hope you are recovering nicely. Unfortunately, there are many types of viruses. The flu vaccine only protects against certain strains.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

marcrph wrote:
Hi Scott,

Hope you are recovering nicely. Unfortunately, there are many types of viruses. The flu vaccine only protects against certain strains.


Oh, I know all about that. It's a very fascinating process.

The WHO has to forecast, over a year in advance, which 5 or 6 strains are going to peak the following flu season.

These strains are the ones selected for the vaccine and the next 12-14 months are spent cultivating colonies of the selected strains under controlled conditions. They need to grow massive quantities at a number of locations to have sufficient quantities of the inactived* viruses for the vaccine supplies.

*If I remember correctly, "dead" is considered somewhat of a misnomer for viruses, since they are never truly "alive" in the first place.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

P.S. An MD once told me these bronchial infections are often bacterial in nature, therefore an anti-viral prophylactic will not help anyway.
Open User Options Menu

gorlando

colds and flus are not caused by "germs". this idea, in addition to being incorrect, is perpetuated because we wish to remove the cause of disease from being Our Fault. Well, guess what, it is our fault, but we are too "civilized" to understand it.

"colds" and "flus" are the body cleansing itself. that is all.
to think otherwise is absurdity.

do we see wild animals suffering from colds and flus? of course not. they attend to all health factors including proper diet, movement, rest, etc. humans do not. that is why humans get colds and flus. I have not had a cold or a flu (10 years) since I have aligned myself with the Causes of Health.

Note the alleged quote from Pasteur Below....

----

THE TERRAIN IS EVERYTHING

The Terrain is Everything is not a book about gardening. Well, in a sense it is: One might say this book is about tending the inner garden. The terrain may be seen as analogous to the cellular environment that dictates the conditions within our bodies, determining our state of health.

The book takes its unique title from what is purported to be a death bed confession made by the famous French scientist, Louis Pasteur, "?The microbe is nothing. The terrain is everything" - a humbling statement from the "father" of the germ theory!

The Terrain is Everything presents the reader with the fascinating premise that germs are the result, not the cause of disease. Such a premise is based upon the natural healing paradigm that sports a theory of disease causation very different than the germs-cause-disease medical model. The natural healing perspective views the condition of the terrain of the body as the primary determinant of our health status. The condition of the terrain is influenced by "contextual factors." These are the sum total of everything in our environment which can affect us at a cellular level - or even deeper, at an energetic level.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

So I guess if my girlfriend gets the flu and then passes it on to me, it just means our bodies are cleansing themselves in Harmonic Convergence?

Great lesson, swami.

Thank you all for coming and please take these Nikes and drink this kool-aid as a token of our extreme...
Open User Options Menu

gorlando

simon-hecubus wrote:
So I guess if my girlfriend gets the flu and then passes it on to me, it just means our bodies are cleansing themselves in Harmonic Convergence?

Great lesson, swami.

Thank you all for coming and please take these Nikes and drink this kool-aid as a token of our extreme...


your false assumption of causation is predictable and short sighted. your comment about nikes and koolaid is bizarre. your unwillingness to embrace new information does not impact me, only you.

swami.


Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

gorlando wrote:
simon-hecubus wrote:
So I guess if my girlfriend gets the flu and then passes it on to me, it just means our bodies are cleansing themselves in Harmonic Convergence?

Great lesson, swami.

Thank you all for coming and please take these Nikes and drink this kool-aid as a token of our extreme...

your false assumption of causation is predictable and short sighted. your comment about nikes and koolaid is bizarre. your unwillingness to embrace new information does not impact me, only you.

swami.


I have dogs and cats and they get symptoms just like cold/flu just less often because they can self regulate better (have less leeway in how far they push things and we don't let them over/under eat, burn too much energy etc ? i.e. they are less apt to mess with there natural rhythms because they are far more bound by instinct ? with progress comes responsibility). Even a snake will start sneezing then die of a cold like infection, I lost a python this way.

Hale Bop!

Open User Options Menu

gorlando

AShortt wrote:
gorlando wrote:
simon-hecubus wrote:
So I guess if my girlfriend gets the flu and then passes it on to me, it just means our bodies are cleansing themselves in Harmonic Convergence?

Great lesson, swami.

Thank you all for coming and please take these Nikes and drink this kool-aid as a token of our extreme...

your false assumption of causation is predictable and short sighted. your comment about nikes and koolaid is bizarre. your unwillingness to embrace new information does not impact me, only you.

swami.

I have dogs and cats and they get symptoms just like cold/flu just less often because they can self regulate better (have less leeway in how far they push things and we don't let them over/under eat, burn too much energy etc ? i.e. they are less apt to mess with there natural rhythms because they are far more bound by instinct ? with progress comes responsibility). Even a snake will start sneezing then die of a cold like infection, I lost a python this way.

Hale Bop!



hello andrew,

your pets are no different from most cultivated humans. they eat improper foods, and are not able to engage in all aspects of health promoting activities. for example, i doubt that you are feeding them all raw foods as all animals require, hence they become ill just the same as most humans. we think it is normal and unavoidable to have colds and flus simply because most normal humans succumb to "disease" with regularity.

Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

gorlando wrote:
colds and flus are not caused by "germs". this idea, in addition to being incorrect, is perpetuated because we wish to remove the cause of disease from being Our Fault. Well, guess what, it is our fault, but we are too "civilized" to understand it.

"colds" and "flus" are the body cleansing itself. that is all.
to think otherwise is absurdity.

do we see wild animals suffering from colds and flus? of course not. they attend to all health factors including proper diet, movement, rest, etc. humans do not. that is why humans get colds and flus. I have not had a cold or a flu (10 years) since I have aligned myself with the Causes of Health.

Note the alleged quote from Pasteur Below....

----

THE TERRAIN IS EVERYTHING

The Terrain is Everything is not a book about gardening. Well, in a sense it is: One might say this book is about tending the inner garden. The terrain may be seen as analogous to the cellular environment that dictates the conditions within our bodies, determining our state of health.

The book takes its unique title from what is purported to be a death bed confession made by the famous French scientist, Louis Pasteur, "?The microbe is nothing. The terrain is everything" - a humbling statement from the "father" of the germ theory!

The Terrain is Everything presents the reader with the fascinating premise that germs are the result, not the cause of disease. Such a premise is based upon the natural healing paradigm that sports a theory of disease causation very different than the germs-cause-disease medical model. The natural healing perspective views the condition of the terrain of the body as the primary determinant of our health status. The condition of the terrain is influenced by "contextual factors." These are the sum total of everything in our environment which can affect us at a cellular level - or even deeper, at an energetic level.


Hi Gorlando,

That's a great quote. I remember the direct english translation as:

"Speak to me not of the microbe, but of the terrain."

Marc,

What do you make of the following?

I almost never get sick, but I've been sick with what you guys are describing for the past two weeks - and sick with more moderate cold/flu for a couple of weeks before that - lost 20 lbs (always lose weight when I'm sick - I think cannibalizing lean tissue becomes your bodies favorite past-time; recycling the protein structures for more important things like making you better).

As a precursor to this, I got pesticide poisoning in my gym (along with deja vu from the farm).

I got to the gym that day (local Y) and did my workout - while changing I saw a pesticide guy spraying down the locker room with a liquid pesticide (odd, as it was the middle of the day).

After my workout I returned to the locker room and couldn't get out of their fast enough - kept fumbling with the combination on my lock.

My HIT workout had left me dripping sweat, and of course my pores were more porous - that's fine because your body has it's own defenses.

Well, by this time the liquid pesticide hadn't evaporated - simply chemistry tells me that much of it first gets carried airborne by the liquid carrier as it first becomes water vapor (before the vapor disassociates, it's a fantastic carrier); I could feel it on my skin and in nose and my lungs.

Whatever that pesticide was (probably neurotoxin or something to attack the glandular and lymph systems, two popular varieties) I started getting repeatedly sick with colds and flus - and now just getting over a bad one.

I think breathing in airborne pesticides after your workout is a phenomenal way to prove Pasteur's theories; had I been dry, less of it could have adhered to the liquid on my body. When you're wet with sweat and open pores, you soak up the colloidal vapor suspension like a sponge as you walk through it.

I've Discussed this with the administrators at the Y and they've promised twice to email me the name of the pesticide so I can do some research on it, but somehow just keep forgetting.

They did explain that the health department required them to spray the liquid pesticide in the middle of the day, which I found quite odd - on the farm it was always a good idea to clear out of there before it got airborne on the water vapor of the carrying liquid.

Anyone have an idea what they might have used??


Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

gorlando wrote:
hello andrew,

your pets are no different from most cultivated humans. they eat improper foods, and are not able to engage in all aspects of health promoting activities. for example, i doubt that you are feeding them all raw foods as all animals require, hence they become ill just the same as most humans. we think it is normal and unavoidable to have colds and flus simply because most normal humans succumb to "disease" with regularity.


The point is that they 'can' be inflicted by the same sort of thing. It isn't just a domestic diet I have seen this with reptiles eating only clean live rats or raw clean vegetables and fruits. Sickness isn't specific it comes as a result of combinations of things. In the wild animals either fight off disease of die quickly they are not immune to it because of their natural behavior. The incidence is simply lower because they function in a live or die environment as in they can't take a week off for bed rest. They are adapted to their environment but have zero abilitiy to control it, it dictates whether they suffer or not.

Your 'cleansing itself' point is a typical vagary, which keeps down the alternative points of view on health. I dislike mixing cloudy notions of holistic natural ways of living and eating with hard science. I don't worship western science but it has helped fight the death rate from disease and starvation to a great extent.

Environmental factors use to rule if large portions of people lived or died, whether they suffered of survived successfully. We may have gone too far with cheap calories and processing but I will take it any day over starvation and death by disease being an accepted standard of life as it was for thousands of years.

Next you will tell us vaccines are unnecessary.

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Tomislav wrote:
gorlando wrote:
colds and flus are not caused by "germs". this idea, in addition to being incorrect, is perpetuated because we wish to remove the cause of disease from being Our Fault. Well, guess what, it is our fault, but we are too "civilized" to understand it.

"colds" and "flus" are the body cleansing itself. that is all.
to think otherwise is absurdity.

do we see wild animals suffering from colds and flus? of course not. they attend to all health factors including proper diet, movement, rest, etc. humans do not. that is why humans get colds and flus. I have not had a cold or a flu (10 years) since I have aligned myself with the Causes of Health.

Note the alleged quote from Pasteur Below....

----

THE TERRAIN IS EVERYTHING

The Terrain is Everything is not a book about gardening. Well, in a sense it is: One might say this book is about tending the inner garden. The terrain may be seen as analogous to the cellular environment that dictates the conditions within our bodies, determining our state of health.

The book takes its unique title from what is purported to be a death bed confession made by the famous French scientist, Louis Pasteur, "?The microbe is nothing. The terrain is everything" - a humbling statement from the "father" of the germ theory!

The Terrain is Everything presents the reader with the fascinating premise that germs are the result, not the cause of disease. Such a premise is based upon the natural healing paradigm that sports a theory of disease causation very different than the germs-cause-disease medical model. The natural healing perspective views the condition of the terrain of the body as the primary determinant of our health status. The condition of the terrain is influenced by "contextual factors." These are the sum total of everything in our environment which can affect us at a cellular level - or even deeper, at an energetic level.

Hi Gorlando,

That's a great quote. I remember the direct english translation as:

"Speak to me not of the microbe, but of the terrain."

Marc,

What do you make of the following?

I almost never get sick, but I've been sick with what you guys are describing for the past two weeks - and sick with more moderate cold/flu for a couple of weeks before that - lost 20 lbs (always lose weight when I'm sick - I think cannibalizing lean tissue becomes your bodies favorite past-time; recycling the protein structures for more important things like making you better).

As a precursor to this, I got pesticide poisoning in my gym (along with deja vu from the farm).

I got to the gym that day (local Y) and did my workout - while changing I saw a pesticide guy spraying down the locker room with a liquid pesticide (odd, as it was the middle of the day).

After my workout I returned to the locker room and couldn't get out of their fast enough - kept fumbling with the combination on my lock.

My HIT workout had left me dripping sweat, and of course my pores were more porous - that's fine because your body has it's own defenses.

Well, by this time the liquid pesticide hadn't evaporated - simply chemistry tells me that much of it first gets carried airborne by the liquid carrier as it first becomes water vapor (before the vapor disassociates, it's a fantastic carrier); I could feel it on my skin and in nose and my lungs.

Whatever that pesticide was (probably neurotoxin or something to attack the glandular and lymph systems, two popular varieties) I started getting repeatedly sick with colds and flus - and now just getting over a bad one.

I think breathing in airborne pesticides after your workout is a phenomenal way to prove Pasteur's theories; had I been dry, less of it could have adhered to the liquid on my body. When you're wet with sweat and open pores, you soak up the colloidal vapor suspension like a sponge as you walk through it.

I've Discussed this with the administrators at the Y and they've promised twice to email me the name of the pesticide so I can do some research on it, but somehow just keep forgetting.

They did explain that the health department required them to spray the liquid pesticide in the middle of the day, which I found quite odd - on the farm it was always a good idea to clear out of there before it got airborne on the water vapor of the carrying liquid.

Anyone have an idea what they might have used??




Hi Tomislav,

I'm am no expert on pesticides or aerosols.

I see many patients per day, and the majority do not practice preventive medicine. The trust patients put in health care professionals bothers me. I be real blunt here. Your health is your responsibility! Period!

HIT can enhance your health if performed properly. But your mind(reasonableness) is your most important asset. I would rather do push-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, 1 legged squats in an empty parking lot than utilize a gym that made use of pesticides or whatever aerosol agents that made me ill. Many misinformed kids sniff aerosols and the consequences are brain damage.

At the very least use protective clothing and a towel to wipe down exercise areas that you may contact. Use discernment! You're smart or you would not be reading this web site.

Marc
Open User Options Menu

gorlando

andrew,

vaccines are unnecessary. and dangerous.

thanks for bringing it up!
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

Marc,

Very good perspective and observations, you are absolutely right.

Much as I have an affinity for the Y, I agree it might be time for a new gym that's not inclined to spray liquid pesticides in the locker room whilst I'm changing.

Also agree I would be better off doing bodyweight exercises - even outside in the snow, than training under those conditions.


Andrew and gorlando,

Without delving into the history of vaccination I'll just say this - it's required for the lots to be geographically dispersed (distribution centers always receive sets of vials or preparations that all have different lot numbers); why do you suppose?
Open User Options Menu

noone

New York, USA

Also, always wash your hands after you get done working out at the gym.

Bret
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

gorlando wrote:
andrew,

vaccines are unnecessary. and dangerous.

thanks for bringing it up!


Thought so - well I ain't moving into a Tee-Pee anytime soon ;^) Next time you have tea with Mother Nature tell her its do darn cold up here in Canada!

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

jack32

mark-
i went through a family crisis during the last quarter of 2006.
bottom line, i couldn't afford to be sick. PERIOD.
as luck would have it, i happened to see a promo on the IMUS show, featuring hockey hall of famer, mark messier, promoting a product called cold- fx.
messier claimed that the product's effectiveness was in strengthening the body's immune system.
i gave it a try and wouldn't be without it.
no sniffles, no flu, no sore throat. nothing.
and, the last 3 months of the year were the most stressful of my life.
i've been exposed to many, many sick people at work as well as my own children, who have brought home many colds and the flu.
i have always been susceptible to picking up rhinoviruses in the past, during the winter months, so these past 3-4 months without any colds has been tremendous.
i would encourage you to check this product out.
cold-fxusa.com is the site, i believe.

jack
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

jack32 wrote:
mark-
i went through a family crisis during the last quarter of 2006.
bottom line, i couldn't afford to be sick. PERIOD.
as luck would have it, i happened to see a promo on the IMUS show, featuring hockey hall of famer, mark messier, promoting a product called cold- fx.
messier claimed that the product's effectiveness was in strengthening the body's immune system.
i gave it a try and wouldn't be without it.
no sniffles, no flu, no sore throat. nothing.
and, the last 3 months of the year were the most stressful of my life.
i've been exposed to many, many sick people at work as well as my own children, who have brought home many colds and the flu.
i have always been susceptible to picking up rhinoviruses in the past, during the winter months, so these past 3-4 months without any colds has been tremendous.
i would encourage you to check this product out.
cold-fxusa.com is the site, i believe.

jack


Jack,

I almost never get sick but have caught colds and flus back to back since inhaling the pesticide suspension; I'm going to give this product a try - thanks. Looks like the FDA tried to give them a hard time but then had nothing to say when presented with the science (perhaps still reeling from their ephedra scandal) which is effectively a gold stamp of approval in terms of effectiveness (last I checked it turned out tryptophan was an essential amino acid and the poison was specifically added by the manufacturer in the prelude to the ban).

Anyone know the current status of ephedra? I remember reading about the FDA getting slapped around in court for flagrant catering and denial of science... so how come I still can't buy it in the store anymore? Fallout from the ephedra-is-bad marketing campaign?

I see a parallel with the FDA leveraging their clout to ban healthful supplements in the interest of health, and with the ASAs actions in effectively banning non-hydrogenated oils in order to substitute hydrogenated soybean oil en masse for so many years, also done in the interest of health.

Parallel in the irony too.

Hope to see both trends reversed.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

jack32 wrote:
mark-
i went through a family crisis during the last quarter of 2006.
bottom line, i couldn't afford to be sick. PERIOD.
as luck would have it, i happened to see a promo on the IMUS show, featuring hockey hall of famer, mark messier, promoting a product called cold- fx.
messier claimed that the product's effectiveness was in strengthening the body's immune system.
i gave it a try and wouldn't be without it.
no sniffles, no flu, no sore throat. nothing.
and, the last 3 months of the year were the most stressful of my life.
i've been exposed to many, many sick people at work as well as my own children, who have brought home many colds and the flu.
i have always been susceptible to picking up rhinoviruses in the past, during the winter months, so these past 3-4 months without any colds has been tremendous.
i would encourage you to check this product out.
cold-fxusa.com is the site, i believe.

jack


Hi jack,

Thanks, I check out the web site.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Do you have a cold or do you have the flu?

http://www.cnn.com/...view/index.html
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

Jack,

Thanks again - I think the stuff works as advertised and the studdies are for real (got it right after I replied earlier). Everyone who is inclined should try it and see for themselves - you can feel the difference within a couple of hours.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Tomislav wrote:
...last I checked it turned out tryptophan was an essential amino acid and the poison was specifically added by the manufacturer in the prelude to the ban...


The wasn't exactly an additive; it was more of a solvent that the Japanese manufacturer used to extract the tryptophan from the gross protein source.
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

simon-hecubus wrote:
Tomislav wrote:
...last I checked it turned out tryptophan was an essential amino acid and the poison was specifically added by the manufacturer in the prelude to the ban...

The wasn't exactly an additive; it was more of a solvent that the Japanese manufacturer used to extract the tryptophan from the gross protein source.

Simon,

Suggesting an additive is not an additive sounds like regurgitated nonsense to me; since the solvent remained in the batch it wasn't pharmaceutically pure Tryptophan as labeled anymore, but contained an additive - the poison solvent.

The FDA didn't ban the additive, but rather Tryptophan. This makes no sense as it's possible to produce pharmaceutically pure Tryptophan; and by definition this can contain no additives - the solvent is not exempt from status as an additive and that is exactly what it was.

Look to Tylenol for one FDA friendly analogy - there have been repeated contamination issues and even without them many people die from it each year - it's clearly a dangerous drug, yet we see the same catering and posturing by the FDA; bending over backwards, upsidedown and sideways, only this time done in reverse - to keep it available.

I think agencies like the FDA should have an inherent obligation to juxtapose that kind of poor behavior; they should endeavor to take dangerous products off the market and keep safe healthy products available.

I think the emphasis should be on protecting the health of individuals, not protecting the financial health of the pharmaceutical industry at any cost; their actions are irresponsible and suggest a basic conflict of interest that would only make sense if they were a private branch of the pharm industry.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Tomislav wrote:
simon-hecubus wrote:
The wasn't exactly an additive; it was more of a solvent that the Japanese manufacturer used to extract the tryptophan from the gross protein source.


Simon,
Suggesting an additive is not an additive sounds like regurgitated nonsense to me; since the solvent remained in the batch it wasn't pharmaceutically pure Tryptophan as labeled anymore, but contained an additive - the poison solvent.

The FDA didn't ban the additive, but rather Tryptophan. This makes no sense as it's possible to produce pharmaceutically pure Tryptophan; and by definition this can contain no additives - the solvent is not exempt from status as an additive and that is exactly what it was...



Regurgitated nonsense? Settle down, Beavis. I'm not here to represent or defend the FDA --- quite the contrary.

All I wanted to do is clarify that it wasn't added after the fact, but was a byproduct of the extraction process. However, you are correct --- it's still an added compound to what should be a pure amino.
_________________________________

You're preaching to the choir here. I was using tryptophan big-time at the time of the ban. I was enjoying lucid dreaming per some articles by Frank Zane.

The FDA screwed up royally on that whole situation and then refused to admit their mistake for years. In fact, I doubt they ever admitted a mistake; they just changed their ruling.
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy