MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Take Your Shirt Off
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

latman

Texas, USA

Why do people think that just because someone looks big in clothes they are a bodybuilder? Most likely they are just FAT! I am 6ft,190lbs and around 5% bodyfat but when fully clothed I dont look like much at all. Have any of you noticed this?

My response to those Big looking people when dressed is always"Take your shirt off"! Their response is always "NO", why because they are FAT!
Whats your opinion?
Open User Options Menu

tony12356

Massachusetts, USA

So right i'm 5'9 175 around 7 percent bf and people say your so thin but your right when I wear a tank top a different world
Open User Options Menu

JCDEEN

the other night at dinner a family member I havent seen in a long time saw me and said I had lost weight. she hugged me later on and was like you are so thin... in my head, I am like "yea I am just chiseled"
Open User Options Menu

latman

Texas, USA

I know when your dressed up people say "Man dont lose anymore weight your too thin". Take your shirt off and then people say your on the JUICE!
Open User Options Menu

eintology

California, USA

latman wrote:

My response to those Big looking people when dressed is always"Take your shirt off"! Their response is always "NO", why because they are FAT!
Whats your opinion?


When I was in Italy, I asked this very same thing of an opera singer.

Her response was to hit me in the head with her purse, and then she called out for their version of The Police; without Sting, if you can imagaine the nerve of that woman.
Open User Options Menu

Growl

How many of these "take off your shirt" arguments are you getting in latman? Is alcohol involved? When I was a drinker, in some South Side Milwaukee bars, I would see the same, but they were comparing hairy backs. Some guys, after a few drinks, would just start bragging.
Looking good in a suit requires a muscular neck. Then, there is no question.

Jeff
Open User Options Menu

Paul25

You can't hide the look of Power from the basic compound movements!
Open User Options Menu

latman

Texas, USA

Good point GROW. A muscular neck is important and a sign of power. I must say though I just brought this up to see if anyone else felt the same way. And by the way I try to stay as far away from hairy backs as possible.
Open User Options Menu

AceHIT

The moment I start getting into single digit body fat percentages, my mother starts getting concerned that I'm falling sick.

Colleagues at work are concerned that I'm too thin.

Friends wonder if I've been ill.

Then I take my shirt off.
Open User Options Menu

latman

Texas, USA

Single digit bodyfat










Dont you wish when a out of shape person tells you that you are too thin you could just lift up your shirt and show your ripped abs and say,"No your just too FAT".
Take off your shirt!













Open User Options Menu

HamsFitness

I am too thin :)










Open User Options Menu

jeffpinter

California, USA

latman wrote:
Why do people think that just because someone looks big in clothes they are a bodybuilder? Most likely they are just FAT! I am 6ft,190lbs and around 5% bodyfat but when fully clothed I dont look like much at all. Have any of you noticed this?

My response to those Big looking people when dressed is always"Take your shirt off"! Their response is always "NO", why because they are FAT!
Whats your opinion?

--------------------------------------
That reminds me of my bodybuiding competition days. I could almost always pick the winner out of the whole lot just by observing the other guys in sweats. I never even considered the guys who looked big in sweats...because I knew they were fat. The guys that worried me were the ones who looked downright skinny, as I knew they were ripped. Never failed.

Jeff

Open User Options Menu

davise

Ron Jeremys response would probably be "take your pants off" if given a hard time about being fat.
Open User Options Menu

Episteme

Pennsylvania, USA

I remember reading something by Arthur Jones, in which he talked about fully developed bodybuilders looking quite 'normal' when wearing properly fitted clothes.

He even recalled an occasion in which a long time friend of his, who had never seen Arthur without a long sleeve shirt on, walked in on Arthur when he had his shirt off (back when Jones was in his peak condition, 205 lbs. and lean), and Jones wrote that his friend was absolutely shocked at the muscular developement of Jones.
I am 185 lbs. and 5'7, and have 16.5 arms. When I am fully clothed, I'm sure that most people think I'm an average built fellow. However, I think that other fellow bodybuilders still may notice subtle signs of developed muscles under business-wear: triceps sweep, muscular neck, upper-back thickness.
-Mike
Open User Options Menu

Growl

davise wrote:
Ron Jeremys response would probably be "take your pants off" if given a hard time about being fat.


And he would do well in those South Side Milwaukee hairy back contests also!
Open User Options Menu

Mark S

latman wrote:
Why do people think that just because someone looks big in clothes they are a bodybuilder? Most likely they are just FAT! I am 6ft,190lbs and around 5% bodyfat but when fully clothed I dont look like much at all. Have any of you noticed this?

My response to those Big looking people when dressed is always"Take your shirt off"! Their response is always "NO", why because they are FAT!
Whats your opinion?


Latman i put this to the test last night.at the bar was a large bloke next to me.
I said hey you look big do you think you are a bodybuilder?with a strange look on his face he asked if i was taking the piss.I then said come on get that shirt off,to my surprise he did.Guess what he was FAT!
However i couldn't continue with this experiment as i wasn't aware he had a few friends with him and he and his friends gave me a kicking outside.
Open User Options Menu

AceHIT

davise wrote:
Ron Jeremys response would probably be "take your pants off" if given a hard time about being fat.


Ha, ha, classic!
Open User Options Menu

Gazz

Quite a few years ago one of our gym members arranged a seminar by Bob Paris. A few of us met to have a meal. Bob came into the room wearing casual trousers and a jumper. What a disappointment! The guy was reasonably tall, obviously athletic but nothing special.

At the end of the seminar he did a few poses with the jumper off. He must have had instant weight gain during his meal because I could swear he grew by an extra 30 lbs when he removed the top. The guy was fantastic.

Gazz
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Just goes to show how out of shape the majority of the public are.

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

Acerimmer1

latman wrote:
Why do people think that just because someone looks big in clothes they are a bodybuilder? Most likely they are just FAT! I am 6ft,190lbs and around 5% bodyfat but when fully clothed I dont look like much at all. Have any of you noticed this?

My response to those Big looking people when dressed is always"Take your shirt off"! Their response is always "NO", why because they are FAT!
Whats your opinion?


What did they do to ellicit a response from you? From what you say it seems to me like you are just randomly approaching men who you think appear larger than you and demanding that they take off their shirts.

To which they reply... Perhaps unsuprisingly. NO.

And lets not forget there is possability they're not bodybuilders atall, in which case I would expect them to be totally confused by your behaviour and only able to imagine you are some kind of insane homosexual with a liking for portly gentleman.
Open User Options Menu

jn6047

It almost sounds more like jelousy from a lot of you guys. Seriously.

jn6047
Open User Options Menu

BSchank

New Jersey, USA

Lets hear some ideas on the best ideas to build that neck so it is noticable while wearing clothes...

I read Dr. Darden's article on it where it said neck bridges. Anybody use them with success? I have my own home gym so my neck workout mainly consists of shrugs and up-right rows.
Open User Options Menu

kata14

After I take my shirt off people say.."eat more, do you sometimes eat anything?"
They don't realize I'm OK with 1700 cals a day.
They assumed at least 3000 cals a day! Junk food I think.
IMO the neck, high back and trapezius are a good indication of strength and power musculature while wearing clothes
Here in my restroom I took my shirt off and I'm not hungry ; )
Open User Options Menu

Growl

I'm only giving instructions based on what I do and I'm not telling anybody else that it is healthy.

Get an exercise ball that we all make fun of. I have one that looks like a giant HOHO. Have it the same height or higher than your head, so that you can press into it with your forehead. Use a towel for comfort between you and said ball. Press into it with your forehead slowly and repeat reps until neck is very warmed up. Now press into it as hard as you safely can and hold as long as you safely can. The ball will press back. Hopefully you can work up to at least one minute sets that leave your muscles worked well. You can work all four sides and get a very good neck workout in almost any range you want in increments of 2-6 inches, depending on ball and resistance it offers. If you are creative, you can make it happen. Be sure ball or giant HOHO will not move out from under you while training. I have mine VERY secure. Reps and holds should all be slowly pushed into and then you can work up to pressing pretty hard. I only work the range right around the natural upright position and it feels really good when I'm done. Very warm and pumped and healthy.
I hope it works well for others and my explanation was clear. I'm going on no sleep and dieting also.

Jeff

Open User Options Menu

Crotalus

jn6047 wrote:
It almost sounds more like jelousy from a lot of you guys. Seriously.

jn6047


These guys actually get into these arguments ... seriously ??

They sound like a bunch of junior high girls ...

No wonder you don't see guys like Kim Wood and Dr. Ken in here anymore .

Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Administrators Online: Mod Phoenix
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy