MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Is Running Really all that Bad?
First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

N@tural1

frostyF wrote:
Want to stress your body in a beneficial way? Take up high intensity strength training.
Leon


Maybe you can answer this as Landau certainly can't.

HIT = elevated heart rate and muscular tension.

Cardio = elevated heart rate.

All forms of weight training = muscular tension.

HOW THE HELL DOES THE HEART AND MUSCLE KNOW THE DIFFERENCES!?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Don't worry James, this guy doesn't know the difference between a Noun and an Adjective. He Doesn't understand the meaning of words, and makes up words and definitions for his own convenience. If you don't know the difference between a Noun and an Adjective - fundamental language structure should be your first pursuit. Well James, you're right about him being a complete Moron!
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Natty wrote:
frostyF wrote:
Want to stress your body in a beneficial way? Take up high intensity strength training.
Leon

Maybe you can answer this as Landau certainly can't.

HIT = elevated heart rate and muscular tension.

Cardio = elevated heart rate.

All forms of weight training = muscular tension.

HOW THE HELL DOES THE HEART AND MUSCLE KNOW THE DIFFERENCES!?


HIT - System of Progressive Physical Training
Cardio - Of or Relating to the Heart (Word Form)
All Forms of Weight Training - Commercialized, Sports Related, Non Structured, Potpourri, ETC

Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
Don't worry James, this guy doesn't know the difference between a Noun and an Adjective. He Doesn't understand the meaning of words, and makes up words and definitions for his own convenience.


More HIT jedi bullshit. When you've lost an argument attack the person to whom you lost. "He doesn't know the meaning of words" cry like a baby why don't you.. You got owned

Landau wrote:
If you don't know the difference between a Noun and an Adjective - fundamental language structure should be your first pursuit. Well James, you're right about him being a complete Moron!


Put up or shut up. Show me exactly where I've misused the English language and explain why. Guess what YOU WON'T because you're just pontificating again, lacking substance, attack the individual.

Landau wrote:
HIT - System of Progressive Physical Training
Cardio - Of or Relating to the Heart (Word Form)
All Forms of Weight Training - Commercialized, Sports Related, Non Structured, Potpourri, ETC


And STILL you've not answered the question.

HIT = elevated heart rate and muscular tension against resistance.

Aerobic exercise = elevated heart rate.

All weight training = muscular tension against resistance.

You tell me how the hell the heart/lungs and/or muscular system can know the difference.

And I call bullshit to all forms of weight training other than SSTF not being structured. More HIT propaganda, cultist. You make the worst claims of any sad little jedi I've ever come across including Gerry Hitman and THATS saying something.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Aerobic Exercise - There is no such thing - try again moron - Language Structure
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Dumb ass: Coffee Drinking - Elevated Heart Rate, Fright - Elevated Heart Rate - Speed (Drug) - Elevated Heart Rate - Cocaine - Elevated Heart Rate - Gross Activity - Elevated Heart Rate - again Aerobic Exercise - NO SUCH THING
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

What Happened to your Cardio Dude?
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
Aerobic Exercise - There is no such thing - try again moron - Language Structure


HIT? word "intensity" You think you own exclusivity to the word, you don't!

Hey James. Landau just called you a moron for believing that your form of cardio improves aerobic capacity.
JamesT wrote:
They use NAUTILUS MACHINES in a fashion designed to improve aerobic capacity.


So I'm a moron for believing in improving aerobic capacity but James isn't?

Landau wrote:
Dumb ass: Coffee Drinking - Elevated Heart Rate, Fright - Elevated Heart Rate - Speed (Drug) - Elevated Heart Rate - Cocaine - Elevated Heart Rate - Gross Activity - Elevated Heart Rate - again Aerobic Exercise - NO SUCH THING


For the umpteenth time..

WHO SAID THAT THE BENEFITS OF AEROBIC TRAINING WAS LIMITED OR SOLELY APPLICABLE TO THE HEART? READ THE STUDIES PRESENTED.

There's a huge difference in elevated heart rate through healthy activity/exercise and pumping drugs into your body! Good grief you've HIT a new low of desperation.

Landau wrote:
What Happened to your Cardio Dude?


David, lets not be pedantic. Most people who exercise and for the purpose of this discussion including the silent readers will relate to the mention of "cardio" and aerobic exercise as meaning very similar of not identical things.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

I've read Grimm's, Dr Seuss, Andersen's - they are all the same - Quit Misleading this forum chump.
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
I've read Grimm's, Dr Seuss, Andersen's - they are all the same - Quit Misleading this forum chump.


You claim I'm misleading the forum yet offer zero evidence in fact all evidence, studies and research presented thus far supports my arguments. Really, you can do better than this.
----------------------------

Effect of Aerobic Exercise on Blood Pressure.

A Meta-Analysis of Randomized, Controlled Trials.

Seamus P. Whelton; Ashley Chin, MPH, MA; Xue Xin, MD, MS; and Jiang He, MD, PhD

2 April 2002 | Volume 136 Issue 7 | Pages 493-503

Purpose: Physical activity has been associated with reduced blood pressure in observational epidemiologic studies and individual clinical trials. This meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials was conducted to determine the effect of aerobic exercise on blood pressure.

Data Sources: English-language articles published before September 2001.

Study Selection: 54 randomized, controlled trials (2419 participants) whose intervention and control groups differed only in aerobic exercise.

Data Extraction: Using a standardized protocol and data extraction form, three of the investigators independently abstracted data on study design, sample size, participant characteristics, type of intervention, follow-up duration, and treatment outcomes.

Data Synthesis: In a random-effects model, data from each trial were pooled and weighted by the inverse of the total variance. Aerobic exercise was associated with a significant reduction in mean systolic and diastolic blood pressure (?3.84 mm Hg [95% CI, ?4.97 to ?2.72 mm Hg] and ?2.58 mm Hg [CI, ?3.35 to ?1.81 mm Hg], respectively). A reduction in blood pressure was associated with aerobic exercise in hypertensive participants and normotensive participants and in overweight participants and normal-weight participants.

Conclusions: Aerobic exercise reduces blood pressure in both hypertensive and normotensive persons. An increase in aerobic physical activity should be considered an important component of lifestyle modification for prevention and treatment of high blood pressure.

http://www.annals.org/...tract/136/7/493
----------------------------

Effects of aerobic exercise training in community-based subjects aged 80 and older: a pilot study.

Vaitkevicius PV, Ebersold C, Shah MS, Gill NS, Katz RL, Narrett MJ, Applebaum GE, Parrish SM, O'Connor FC, Fleg JL.

Division of Geriatrics and Cardiology, University of Michigan Medical School and Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System/Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (11G), Ann Arbor 48105, USA. pvait@umich.edu

OBJECTIVES: To assess the ability of sedentary, frail subjects aged 80 and older to train in a community-based exercise program and to evaluate clinical factors that predict improvements in peak oxygen consumption (VO2peak).

DESIGN: Pretest, posttest.

SETTING: Charlestown Retirement Community, Catonsville, Maryland.

PARTICIPANTS: Twenty-two (11 male, 11 female; mean age +/- standard deviation = 84 +/- 4.0, range 80-92) self-referred.

INTERVENTION: Six months of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise training, two to three sessions/week, 20 to 30 minutes per session. Training modes included treadmill walking and/or stationary cycling.

MEASUREMENTS: Baseline and follow-up maximal exercise treadmill tests (ETTs) with electrocardiogram monitoring and respiratory gas analysis.

RESULTS: Six months of aerobic exercise training resulted in significant increases (mean +/- standard deviation) in ETT duration (11.9 +/- 3.3 vs 15.9 +/- 4.3 minutes; P =.01), VO2peak (1.23 +/- 0.37 vs 1.31 +/- 0.36 L/min; P =.04), and oxygen pulse (9.3 +/- 2.8 vs 10.1 +/- 3.2; P =.03). Mean heart rate was significantly lower during submaximal ETT stages 1 through 4 (P <.05), and resting systolic blood pressure decreased (146 +/- 18 vs 133 +/- 14 mmHg; P =.01) after training. Multiple regression analysis indicated that baseline VO2peak (r = 0.75, P =.002) and the total amount of time spent in exercise training (r = 0.55, P =.008) were independent predictors of the training-related improvements in VO2peak.

CONCLUSION: Subjects aged 80 and older can increase aerobic capacity and reduce systolic blood pressure in a community-based exercise program of moderate intensity. The most important predictors of change in VO2peak were baseline VO2peak and the time spent in exercise training. Subjects with a lower baseline VO2peak had the greatest improvements in VO2peak after training.
-----------------------------

Landau you have been presented with so many studies and research proving the benefits of "exercise that makes you huff and puff" that to reject it outright is making you look extremely foolish. HIT trainer anybody?
Open User Options Menu

Benjamin Dover

Numpty,

Aerobic capacity = health? No.

You confuse "fitness" - fitness for purpose with "health" and longevity.

A mixed premise.

DO-YOU-UNDERSTAND?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

"You will notice that the word "aerobic" has been set off in quotation marks when it refers to an activity performed for exercise. There is a good reason for this emphasis: There is no such thing as aerobic exercise! We have all heard that activities such as jogging and cycling are "aerobic" while those such as weight training and sprinting are "anaerobic".

These distinctions are not 100% correct. The words aerobic and anaerobic refer to metabolic pathways which operate continuously at all times and in all activities. You cannot "turn off" either of these pathways by merely increasing or decreasing the intensity of an activity.
The most "aerobic" activity that a human being can engage in is sleeping!"

From Steven M:

"ten reasons why it not only doesn?t work but is a poor use of exercise time:


1.Oxidative Stress
Which causes a breakdown of tissues. It also predisposes one to cancer and heart attack.

2.Elevated cortisol production
Which causes a breakdown of muscle tissue and increases fat storage or depot fat. People do aerobics to alleviate stress yet end up creating more stress.

3.Lowered testosterone and HGH levels
For men, aerobics are a form of chemical castration. Low T-levels are associated with lowered libido, depression, anxiety, increased body fat and decreased muscle tissue. This contributes to muscle-wasting and lowers the basal metabolic rate.

4.Increased appetite and a tendency toward binge eating patterns
Aerobic exercise makes people hungry!

5.Excessive Muscular Fatigue
Making it difficult to do other more productive forms of activity. Aerobics creates muscular weakness.

6.Conversion of fast-twitch muscle fibers to slow-twitch
The loss of fast-twitch muscle fibers contributes to aging and the loss of explosive power and speed. People become slower and slower.

7.Burns a relatively small amount of calories vs. the time spent
One large meal completely offsets the pitiful amount of calories burned in an hour aerobics session.

8.Overuse injuries to the feet, ankles, and knees from excessive, continual force transmitted throughout the body
This is exacerbated by over-engineered running shoes which cushion the feet in such a way to create a neural amnesia.

9.Shortening i.e., deformation, of the muscle tissue from repetitive mid-range (partial range) movements
This creates inflexibility, immobility, and muscle imbalances. Besides being tight, the bodies postural alignment becomes compromised. Aerobics create tight, inflexible bodies that are in chronic pain.

10.Adrenal burnout
A consequence of the ?feel good? neurotransmitters which also stimulate the release of adrenaline. Adrenaline is the fight or flight hormone. Excessive adrenaline creates an addictive response and people going routinely for the so called ?high? of running end up with adrenal burnout, e.g., chronic fatigue and depression."


Notice how Steve uses the Noun Aerobics Correctly, which was a delegated Point System of Physical Activity created by one Kenneth Cooper circa 1967. Aerobics was a made up word. It only existed as an Adjective - Aerobic, to describe a particular Metabolic Pathway, which was innitially coined in the 1880s.

The word "Aerobics" was popularized by his best selling book, which name was changed by the publisher for its "scientific" sound. Aerobic Exercise does not exist, regardless of the said "experts" you come up with.
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

JamesT wrote:
Numpty,

Aerobic capacity = health? No.

You confuse "fitness" - fitness for purpose with "health" and longevity.

A mixed premise.

DO-YOU-UNDERSTAND?


1/ An extraordinary amount of research and actual studies (not opinion) would suggest that sensible aerobic exercise does improve health.

2/ That fact aside, an improvement in fitness is still an improvement something that Landau still denies.

You boys are not in agreement.
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
These distinctions are not 100% correct. The words aerobic and anaerobic refer to metabolic pathways which operate continuously at all times and in all activities. You cannot "turn off" either of these pathways by merely increasing or decreasing the intensity of an activity.


How the hell does this refute ANYTHING I've presented, ok so a word may have been taken out of context woop-e-doo fact is that "aerobics" is a term understood by many to mean exercise that gets you puffin. Kinda like the made up term "HIT" ring any bells?

Landau wrote:
From Steven M:

"ten reasons why it not only doesn?t work but is a poor use of exercise time:

Nothing more than opinion.

Landau wrote:
1.Oxidative Stress
Which causes a breakdown of tissues. It also predisposes one to cancer and heart attack.


Where are his references for this?

Landau wrote:
2.Elevated cortisol production


Side effect of training happens when lifting also.

Landau wrote:
3.Lowered testosterone and HGH levels
For men, aerobics are a form of chemical castration.


LOL so endurance athletes don't have sex then, highly exaggerated!!

Landau wrote:
Increased appetite


Well DUH! Of course exercise which burns calories makes you hungry! LOL!

Landau wrote:
5.Excessive Muscular Fatigue
Making it difficult to do other more productive forms of activity. Aerobics creates muscular weakness.


WTF!! Aerobics makes it difficult to do anything else due to muscular weakness! You must be having a laugh please tell me you're having a laugh!! Weight training leaves a person with WAAAAY more muscular fatigued than aerobics and you Landau have claimed it's the only true exercise!!

Landau wrote:
6.Conversion of fast-twitch muscle fibers to slow-twitch
The loss of fast-twitch muscle fibers contributes to aging and the loss of explosive power and speed. People become slower and slower.


You're taking the pee here. According to you there's no such thing as training to become slow or fast of increasing decreasing RFD explosive strength, talk about change your mind when it suits you!! Desperation or what! For the record I agree with this point but for those that WANT to improve endurance over explosive strength who the hell cares! Same thing happens when using purposely slowed reps 2x to 2a fiber conversion! You're condemning your own training method!! How hilarious!

Landau wrote:
7.Burns a relatively small amount of calories vs. the time spent.


Moot point (if even true) compared to the health benefits as shown via numerous studies (not opinion)

Landau wrote:
8.Overuse injuries to the feet, ankles, and knees from excessive, continual force transmitted throughout the body.


Key words = overuse and excessive. We're not discussing the over use or excessive exercise how many more time do I need to tell you. I'm talking about sensible healthy exercise. *sighs*

Landau wrote:
9.Shortening i.e., deformation, of the muscle tissue from repetitive mid-range (partial range) movements
This creates inflexibility, immobility, and muscle imbalances.


Funny, doesn't stop HITers training with partials.

Landau wrote:
Aerobics create tight, inflexible bodies that are in chronic pain.


So everyone that engages in sensible healthy "huff and puff" exercise is in chronic pain due to inflexible bodies? Ever heard of stretching?

Landau wrote:
10.Adrenal burnout
A consequence of the ?feel good? neurotransmitters which also stimulate the release of adrenaline. Adrenaline is the fight or flight hormone. Excessive adrenaline creates an addictive response and people going routinely for the so called ?high? of running end up with adrenal burnout, e.g., chronic fatigue and depression."


Adrenal burnout can also be cause by your one true exercise HIT, any overuse of exercise can cause this. Moot point.

Landau wrote:
The word "Aerobics" was popularized by his best selling book, which name was changed by the publisher for its "scientific" sound. Aerobic Exercise does not exist, regardless of the said "experts" you come up with.


Said experts? MD's and PhDs?

You've disproved NOTHING... AGAIN.

---------------------------------

The Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Plasma Catecholamines and Blood Pressure in Patients With Mild Essential Hypertension.

John J. Duncan, MEd; James E. Farr, MD; S. Jill Upton, PhD; R. Donald Hagan, PhD; M. E. Oglesby, PhD; Steven N. Blair, PED

JAMA. 1985;254(18):2609-2613.

The effects of a 16-week aerobic exercise program on blood pressure and plasma catecholamine levels were evaluated in 56 patients with baseline diastolic blood pressure of 90 to 140 mm Hg. The exercise group significantly improved their physical fitness, and reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressures, compared with controls. To evaluate the relationship between exercise, blood pressure, and plasma catecholamine values, the exercise group was further divided into hyperadrenergic and normoadrenergic subgroups. Reductions in systolic pressures were 6.3 mm Hg, 10.3 mm Hg, and 15.5 mm Hg for control, normoadrenergic, and hyperadrenergic groups, respectively. Diastolic changes were similar and also significant. Within the hyperadrenergic group, changes in blood pressures were associated with changes in values for plasma catecholamines following training. We conclude that an aerobic exercise program reduces blood pressure, which is at least partially mediated by changes in plasma catecholamine levels.

---------------------------------

Cardiovascular and Behavioral Effects of Aerobic Exercise Training in Healthy Older Men and Women.

James A. Blumenthal1,2, Charles F. Emery1, David J. Madden3, Linda K. George3, R. Edward Coleman2, Margaret W. Riddle1, Daphne C. McKee4, John Reasoner2 and R. Sanders Williams2

1 Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center
2 Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
3 Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center
4 North Carolina Spine Center Chapel Hill

The cardiovascular and behavioral adaptations associated with a 4-month program of aerobic exercise training were examined in 101 older men and women (mean age = 67years). Subjects were randomly assigned to an Aerobic Exercise group, a Yoga and Flexibility control group, or a waiting List control group. Prior to and following the 4-month program, subjects underwent comprehensive physiological and psychological evaluations. Physiological measures included measurement of blood pressure, lipids, bone density, and cardiorespiratory fitness including direct measurements of peak oxygen consumption (VO2) and anaerobic threshold. Psychological measures included measures of mood, psychiatric symptoms, and neuropsychological functioning. This study demonstrated that 4 months of aerobic exercise training produced an overall 11.6% improvement in peak VO2 and a 13% increase in anaerobic threshold. In contrast, the yoga and waiting list control groups experienced no change in cardiorespiratory fitness. Other favorable physiological changes observed among aerobic exercise participants included lower cholesterol levels, diastolic blood pressure levels, and for subjects at risk for bone fracture, a trend toward an increase in bone mineral content. Although few significant psychological changes could be attributed to aerobic exercise training, participants in the two active treatment groups perceived themselves as improving on a number of psychological and behavioral dimensions.

http://geronj.oxfordjournals.o...

---------------------------------

You Landau are drowning in a sea of evidence from people with ACTUAL QUALIFICATIONS that flys in your face of your "opinions".

You fail.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Natty wrote:
Landau wrote:
These distinctions are not 100% correct. The words aerobic and anaerobic refer to metabolic pathways which operate continuously at all times and in all activities. You cannot "turn off" either of these pathways by merely increasing or decreasing the intensity of an activity.

How the hell does this refute ANYTHING I've presented, ok so a word may have been taken out of context woop-e-doo fact is that "aerobics" is a term understood by many to mean exercise that gets you puffin. Kinda like the made up term "HIT" ring any bells?

Yes - Schmuck, you have an Issue with that phrase Schmuck ask the Man that runs this Site - HIT - You Schmuck F.

Landau wrote:
From Steven M:

"ten reasons why it not only doesn?t work but is a poor use of exercise time:

Nothing more than opinion.

Then you're one of those Imbeciles that waste time - Schmuck.

Landau wrote:
1.Oxidative Stress
Which causes a breakdown of tissues. It also predisposes one to cancer and heart attack.

Where are his references for this?

Common Sense - ask Your Father of "aerobics" what he discovered

Landau wrote:
2.Elevated cortisol production

Side effect of training happens when lifting also.

Duh Lifting - When are you going to differentiate your Lifting from our Exercise

Landau wrote:
3.Lowered testosterone and HGH levels
For men, aerobics are a form of chemical castration.

LOL so endurance athletes don't have sex then, highly exaggerated!!

Don't gross me out on your preferences

Landau wrote:
Increased appetite

Well DUH! Of course exercise which burns calories makes you hungry! Desperation grasping at straws LOL!!!!!!!

I am quoting Experts, not some Imbecile Unknown Like You
Landau wrote:
5.Excessive Muscular Fatigue
Making it difficult to do other more productive forms of activity. Aerobics creates muscular weakness.

WTF!! Aerobics makes it difficult to do anything else due to muscular weakness! is this guy for real!! You must be having a laugh please tell me you're having a laugh!! Weight training leaves a person with WAAAAY more muscular fatigue than aerobics and you Landau have claimed it's the only true exercise!!
Again You're an Imbecile
Landau wrote:
6.Conversion of fast-twitch muscle fibers to slow-twitch
The loss of fast-twitch muscle fibers contributes to aging and the loss of explosive power and speed. People become slower and slower.

You're taking the pee here. According to you there's no such thing as training to become slow or fast of increasing decreasing RFD explosive strength, talk about change your mind when it suits you!! Desperation or what! For the record I agree with this point but for those that WANT to improve endurance over explosive strength who the hell cares! Same thing happens when using purposely slowed reps 2x to 2a fiber conversion! You're condemning your own training method!! How hilarious!

2x 2b 2a - Fantasy Science on Your End - You are one of the biggest Dreamers of all time

Landau wrote:
7.Burns a relatively small amount of calories vs. the time spent.

Moot point (if even true) compared to the health benefits as shown via numerous studies (not opinion)

Again - Your Non Existent Health Benefits - You do LIVE in a PURE Fantasy World GIDB

Landau wrote:
8.Overuse injuries to the feet, ankles, and knees from excessive, continual force transmitted throughout the body.

Key words = overuse and excessive. We're not discussing the over use or excessive exercise how many more time do I need to tell you. I'm talking about sensible healthy exercise. *sighs*
\

No Such Thing

Landau wrote:
9.Shortening i.e., deformation, of the muscle tissue from repetitive mid-range (partial range) movements
This creates inflexibility, immobility, and muscle imbalances.

Funny, doesn't stop HITers training with partials. I actually want to see the references for this claim, I call bullshit on that one.

FB

Landau wrote:
Aerobics create tight, inflexible bodies that are in chronic pain.

What a ridiculous outrageous claim, so everyone that engages in sensible healthy "huff and puff" exercise is in chronic pain? What desperate ridiculous arguments! Ever heard of stretching?

BY THE WAY STRETCHING IS COMPLETE FRAUD - YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST - NOW GO CRY HSFB

Landau wrote:
10.Adrenal burnout
A consequence of the ?feel good? neurotransmitters which also stimulate the release of adrenaline. Adrenaline is the fight or flight hormone. Excessive adrenaline creates an addictive response and people going routinely for the so called ?high? of running end up with adrenal burnout, e.g., chronic fatigue and depression."

Adrenal burnout can also be cause by your one true exercise HIT, any overuse of exercise can cause this. Moot point.

HIT SITE THE OWNER WILL KYA

Landau wrote:
The word "Aerobics" was popularized by his best selling book, which name was changed by the publisher for its "scientific" sound. Aerobic Exercise does not exist, regardless of the said "experts" you come up with.

Said experts? MD's and PhD

YES - If they Acquiesce They are FRAUD

You've disproved NOTHING... AGAIN.

---------------------------------

The Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Plasma Catecholamines and Blood Pressure in Patients With Mild Essential Hypertension.

John J. Duncan, MEd; James E. Farr, MD; S. Jill Upton, PhD; R. Donald Hagan, PhD; M. E. Oglesby, PhD; Steven N. Blair, PED

JAMA. 1985;254(18):2609-2613.

The effects of a 16-week aerobic exercise program on blood pressure and plasma catecholamine levels were evaluated in 56 patients with baseline diastolic blood pressure of 90 to 140 mm Hg. The exercise group significantly improved their physical fitness, and reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressures, compared with controls. To evaluate the relationship between exercise, blood pressure, and plasma catecholamine values, the exercise group was further divided into hyperadrenergic and normoadrenergic subgroups. Reductions in systolic pressures were 6.3 mm Hg, 10.3 mm Hg, and 15.5 mm Hg for control, normoadrenergic, and hyperadrenergic groups, respectively. Diastolic changes were similar and also significant. Within the hyperadrenergic group, changes in blood pressures were associated with changes in values for plasma catecholamines following training. We conclude that an aerobic exercise program reduces blood pressure, which is at least partially mediated by changes in plasma catecholamine levels.

---------------------------------

Cardiovascular and Behavioral Effects of Aerobic Exercise Training in Healthy Older Men and Women.

James A. Blumenthal1,2, Charles F. Emery1, David J. Madden3, Linda K. George3, R. Edward Coleman2, Margaret W. Riddle1, Daphne C. McKee4, John Reasoner2 and R. Sanders Williams2

1 Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center
2 Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
3 Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center
4 North Carolina Spine Center Chapel Hill

The cardiovascular and behavioral adaptations associated with a 4-month program of aerobic exercise training were examined in 101 older men and women (mean age = 67years). Subjects were randomly assigned to an Aerobic Exercise group, a Yoga and Flexibility control group, or a waiting List control group. Prior to and following the 4-month program, subjects underwent comprehensive physiological and psychological evaluations. Physiological measures included measurement of blood pressure, lipids, bone density, and cardiorespiratory fitness including direct measurements of peak oxygen consumption (VO2) and anaerobic threshold. Psychological measures included measures of mood, psychiatric symptoms, and neuropsychological functioning. This study demonstrated that 4 months of aerobic exercise training produced an overall 11.6% improvement in peak VO2 and a 13% increase in anaerobic threshold. In contrast, the yoga and waiting list control groups experienced no change in cardiorespiratory fitness. Other favorable physiological changes observed among aerobic exercise participants included lower cholesterol levels, diastolic blood pressure levels, and for subjects at risk for bone fracture, a trend toward an increase in bone mineral content. Although few significant psychological changes could be attributed to aerobic exercise training, participants in the two active treatment groups perceived themselves as improving on a number of psychological and behavioral dimensions.

http://geronj.oxfordjournals.o...

---------------------------------

You Landau are drowning in a sea of evidence from people with ACTUAL QUALIFICATIONS that flys in your face of your "opinions".

You fail.


FUK YOUR STUPID FRAUD RESEARCH

Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
FUK YOUR STUPID FRAUD RESEARCH


You mad? Is that the best you can say to counter real world research and studies? You're embarrassing the name of HIT.

Ok lets replace the term "aerobic" with exercise which elevates the heart rate and gets you huffing (which is what most people understand aerobic to mean anyhow)

You're playing a dumb word game. If healthy exercise which elevates the heart rate and gets you huffing is so unhealthy then why is HIT (exercise which elevates the heart rate and gets you huffing in your opinion the one and only proper form of exercise? If exercise which elevates the heart rate and gets you huffing has so many bad side effects (according to you) then why the hell do you practice it?

-------------------------------

Impact of Aerobic Exercise Training on Age-Related Changes in Insulin Sensitivity and Muscle Oxidative Capacity

Kevin R. Short1, Janet L. Vittone2, Maureen L. Bigelow1, David N. Proctor3, Robert A. Rizza1, Jill M. Coenen-Schimke1, K. Sreekumaran Nair1

1 Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2 Department of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
3 Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota

Insulin resistance increases and muscle oxidative capacity decreases during aging, but lifestyle changes?especially physical activity?may reverse these trends. Here we report the effect of a 16-week aerobic exercise program (n = 65) or control activity (n = 37) performed by men and women aged 21?87 years on insulin sensitivity and muscle mitochondria. Insulin sensitivity, measured by intravenous glucose tolerance test, decreased with age (r = −0.32) and was related to abdominal fat content (r = −0.65). Exercise increased peak oxygen uptake (Vo2peak; 10%), activity of muscle mitochondrial enzymes (citrate synthase and cytochrome c oxidase, 45?76%) and mRNA levels of mitochondrial genes (COX4, ND4, both 66%) and genes involved in mitochondrial biogenesis (PGC-1α, 55%; NRF-1, 15%; TFAM, 85%). Exercise also increased muscle GLUT4 mRNA and protein (30?52%) and reduced abdominal fat (5%) and plasma triglycerides (25%). None of these changes were affected by age. In contrast, insulin sensitivity improved in younger people but not in middle-aged or older groups. Thus, the muscle mitochondrial response to 4 months of aerobic exercise training was similar in all age-groups, although the older people did not have an improvement in insulin sensitivity.

http://diabetes.diabetesjourna...
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

VO2 MAX is another fraudulent testing tool used by your favorite researchers. It stems from a Tool that was designed to measure VO2 Min. There is absolutely no accuracy to this test whatsoever.

Are you in the Business of Selling "Wellness" or "Wellness Centers?" Because they are COMPLETE FRAUD and a MONEY MAKER for Huge Hospitals, "Health Clubs" and the like. Why would they design a "Study" against where the All The MONEY is coming from, because this is how it is. Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, because that is Life. So if you are part of the Religious Crusade helping perpetrate this Health Hoax and you can pull up whatever "research" you want - you are amongst the Dead Wrong, but if you believe all this fantasy science, it's not my fault - you have fallen hook, line, and sinker.

Facts
1. Planned (canned) Physical Activity Cannot Prevent Heart Disease
2. Physical Activity Does Not Promote Longevity
3. The Relationship Between Health and Physical Activity is Slim and None - Slim Left Town
4. Heart Disease is Not a Disease of Performance Disease, It is a Pathology like Cancer, Leukemia Etc
5. Although Cardiac Changes do Occur as your "Functional Capacity" - they are not better or healthier
6. The Perception of a Slower Resting Heart Rate being Healthier is a Fantasy, although Largely Accepted, it has a Double Edge Sword.
7. Quoting Research that Promotes The False Notions that Planned Physical Activity is Healthier, can cause Heart Disease
8. If You Don't Understand the Reason for all of this Research, Follow the Money Line.
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

Natty wrote:
Landau wrote:
These distinctions are not 100% correct. The words aerobic and anaerobic refer to metabolic pathways which operate continuously at all times and in all activities. You cannot "turn off" either of these pathways by merely increasing or decreasing the intensity of an activity.

How the hell does this refute ANYTHING I've presented, ok so a word may have been taken out of context woop-e-doo fact is that "aerobics" is a term understood by many to mean exercise that gets you puffin. Kinda like the made up term "HIT" ring any bells?

Landau wrote:
From Steven M:

"ten reasons why it not only doesn?t work but is a poor use of exercise time:

Nothing more than opinion.

Landau wrote:
1.Oxidative Stress
Which causes a breakdown of tissues. It also predisposes one to cancer and heart attack.

Where are his references for this?

Landau wrote:
2.Elevated cortisol production

Side effect of training happens when lifting also.

Landau wrote:
3.Lowered testosterone and HGH levels
For men, aerobics are a form of chemical castration.

LOL so endurance athletes don't have sex then, highly exaggerated!!

Landau wrote:
Increased appetite

Well DUH! Of course exercise which burns calories makes you hungry! LOL!

Landau wrote:
5.Excessive Muscular Fatigue
Making it difficult to do other more productive forms of activity. Aerobics creates muscular weakness.

WTF!! Aerobics makes it difficult to do anything else due to muscular weakness! You must be having a laugh please tell me you're having a laugh!! Weight training leaves a person with WAAAAY more muscular fatigued than aerobics and you Landau have claimed it's the only true exercise!!

Landau wrote:
6.Conversion of fast-twitch muscle fibers to slow-twitch
The loss of fast-twitch muscle fibers contributes to aging and the loss of explosive power and speed. People become slower and slower.

You're taking the pee here. According to you there's no such thing as training to become slow or fast of increasing decreasing RFD explosive strength, talk about change your mind when it suits you!! Desperation or what! For the record I agree with this point but for those that WANT to improve endurance over explosive strength who the hell cares! Same thing happens when using purposely slowed reps 2x to 2a fiber conversion! You're condemning your own training method!! How hilarious!

Landau wrote:
7.Burns a relatively small amount of calories vs. the time spent.

Moot point (if even true) compared to the health benefits as shown via numerous studies (not opinion)

Landau wrote:
8.Overuse injuries to the feet, ankles, and knees from excessive, continual force transmitted throughout the body.

Key words = overuse and excessive. We're not discussing the over use or excessive exercise how many more time do I need to tell you. I'm talking about sensible healthy exercise. *sighs*

Landau wrote:
9.Shortening i.e., deformation, of the muscle tissue from repetitive mid-range (partial range) movements
This creates inflexibility, immobility, and muscle imbalances.

Funny, doesn't stop HITers training with partials.

Landau wrote:
Aerobics create tight, inflexible bodies that are in chronic pain.

So everyone that engages in sensible healthy "huff and puff" exercise is in chronic pain due to inflexible bodies? Ever heard of stretching?

Landau wrote:
10.Adrenal burnout
A consequence of the ?feel good? neurotransmitters which also stimulate the release of adrenaline. Adrenaline is the fight or flight hormone. Excessive adrenaline creates an addictive response and people going routinely for the so called ?high? of running end up with adrenal burnout, e.g., chronic fatigue and depression."

Adrenal burnout can also be cause by your one true exercise HIT, any overuse of exercise can cause this. Moot point.

Landau wrote:
The word "Aerobics" was popularized by his best selling book, which name was changed by the publisher for its "scientific" sound. Aerobic Exercise does not exist, regardless of the said "experts" you come up with.

Said experts? MD's and PhDs?

You've disproved NOTHING... AGAIN.

---------------------------------

The Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Plasma Catecholamines and Blood Pressure in Patients With Mild Essential Hypertension.

John J. Duncan, MEd; James E. Farr, MD; S. Jill Upton, PhD; R. Donald Hagan, PhD; M. E. Oglesby, PhD; Steven N. Blair, PED

JAMA. 1985;254(18):2609-2613.

The effects of a 16-week aerobic exercise program on blood pressure and plasma catecholamine levels were evaluated in 56 patients with baseline diastolic blood pressure of 90 to 140 mm Hg. The exercise group significantly improved their physical fitness, and reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressures, compared with controls. To evaluate the relationship between exercise, blood pressure, and plasma catecholamine values, the exercise group was further divided into hyperadrenergic and normoadrenergic subgroups. Reductions in systolic pressures were 6.3 mm Hg, 10.3 mm Hg, and 15.5 mm Hg for control, normoadrenergic, and hyperadrenergic groups, respectively. Diastolic changes were similar and also significant. Within the hyperadrenergic group, changes in blood pressures were associated with changes in values for plasma catecholamines following training. We conclude that an aerobic exercise program reduces blood pressure, which is at least partially mediated by changes in plasma catecholamine levels.

---------------------------------

Cardiovascular and Behavioral Effects of Aerobic Exercise Training in Healthy Older Men and Women.

James A. Blumenthal1,2, Charles F. Emery1, David J. Madden3, Linda K. George3, R. Edward Coleman2, Margaret W. Riddle1, Daphne C. McKee4, John Reasoner2 and R. Sanders Williams2

1 Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center
2 Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
3 Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center
4 North Carolina Spine Center Chapel Hill

The cardiovascular and behavioral adaptations associated with a 4-month program of aerobic exercise training were examined in 101 older men and women (mean age = 67years). Subjects were randomly assigned to an Aerobic Exercise group, a Yoga and Flexibility control group, or a waiting List control group. Prior to and following the 4-month program, subjects underwent comprehensive physiological and psychological evaluations. Physiological measures included measurement of blood pressure, lipids, bone density, and cardiorespiratory fitness including direct measurements of peak oxygen consumption (VO2) and anaerobic threshold. Psychological measures included measures of mood, psychiatric symptoms, and neuropsychological functioning. This study demonstrated that 4 months of aerobic exercise training produced an overall 11.6% improvement in peak VO2 and a 13% increase in anaerobic threshold. In contrast, the yoga and waiting list control groups experienced no change in cardiorespiratory fitness. Other favorable physiological changes observed among aerobic exercise participants included lower cholesterol levels, diastolic blood pressure levels, and for subjects at risk for bone fracture, a trend toward an increase in bone mineral content. Although few significant psychological changes could be attributed to aerobic exercise training, participants in the two active treatment groups perceived themselves as improving on a number of psychological and behavioral dimensions.

http://geronj.oxfordjournals.o...

---------------------------------

You Landau are drowning in a sea of evidence from people with ACTUAL QUALIFICATIONS that flys in your face of your "opinions".

You fail.


good stuff, man.

ps don't take advice from anyone that thinks deep fried doughnuts are nutritious ;)
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
VO2 MAX is another fraudulent testing tool used by your favorite researchers. It stems from a Tool that was designed to measure VO2 Min. There is absolutely no accuracy to this test whatsoever.


VO2max is the maximum amount of oxygen in milliliters one can use in one minute per kilogram of body weight. This can be measured.

Landau wrote:
Are you in the Business of Selling "Wellness" or "Wellness Centers?" Because they are COMPLETE FRAUD and a MONEY MAKER for Huge Hospitals, "Health Clubs" and the like. Why would they design a "Study" against where the All The MONEY is coming from, because this is how it is.


No I'm not. I'm a garage trainee remember ;) Besides which of the numerous studies I've presented are from the Wellness Centers? I don't recall one. All MDs and PhDs..

Landau wrote:
Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, because that is Life. So if you are part of the Religious Crusade helping perpetrate this Health Hoax and you can pull up whatever "research" you want - you are amongst the Dead Wrong, but if you believe all this fantasy science, it's not my fault - you have fallen hook, line, and sinker.


Opinion. You would have to be very closed minded to reject the numerous over whelming amount of research/studies that back my point.

Landau wrote:
1. Planned (canned) Physical Activity Cannot Prevent Heart Disease


Never said it could. Please stay in context.

Landau wrote:
2. Physical Activity Does Not Promote Longevity


Numerous studies would disagree.. And even if that was the case, isn't improving your health/fitness WHILE one is alive a good thing?

Landau wrote:
3. The Relationship Between Health and Physical Activity is Slim and None - Slim Left Town


Numerous research/studies disagree. I want to see actual research that proves otherwise not more "believe me because I said so"

Landau wrote:
5. Although Cardiac Changes do Occur as your "Functional Capacity" - they are not better or healthier


Not better? LOL. If I can run a mile in under 5 mins that's BETTER than 7 isn't it.. More efficient..

Landau wrote:
6. The Perception of a Slower Resting Heart Rate being Healthier is a Fantasy, although Largely Accepted, it has a Double Edge Sword.


Would need more info on that, got any studies?

Landau wrote:
7. Quoting Research that Promotes The False Notions that Planned Physical Activity is Healthier, can cause Heart Disease


What? You're now saying that physical activity can CAUSE heart disease? Why the hell DO YOU train then?

Landau wrote:
8. If You Don't Understand the Reason for all of this Research, Follow the Money Line.


Opinion.

Why would NUMEROUS MDs and PhDs alter results of many many studies? Are you accusing the entire medical/health community of deceit, of lying? What have they to gain from such dishonesty? I think you're really going out on a limb with that claim..

--------------------------------

[bSpecificity of run training on VO2 max and heart rate cganges during running and swimming.[/b]

McArdle WD, Margel JR, Delio DJ, Toner M, Chase JM.

To further evaluate the specificity of aerobic training, maximum physiologic measures (VO2, VE, HR, and R) and submaximal exercise heart rate were determined in control (N = 8) and experimental (N = 11) subjects prior to and following 10-week interval run training. Experimental subjects significantly increased (P less than 0.01) treadmill VO2 max by 252 ml O2 or 6.3%. This was siginificantly larger (P less than 0.01) than the 87 ml O2 or 2.6% increase (P less than 0.05) observed during swimming. Max HR decreased significantly in both forms of exercise. In addition, heart rate at two submaximal work levels during running and swimming was significantly lower after training.No changes in metabolic and physiologic measures were demonstrated for the controls after the 10-wk period. These results further support the concept of the specificity of the metabolic adaptation to aerobic training and strongly suggest that local adaptations in skeletal muscle significantly contribute to improvement in VO2 max. However, running may produce a general training adaptation in maximal and submaximal heart rate.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

I told you - VO2 Max is a PROVEN INVALID TEST - YOU CAN EVEN ASK DARDEN. THE BEST RUNNING RESEARCHER TODAY EVEN INVALIDATES IT. VO2 Max is spawned from soft science - therefore finally has been questioned, and is at best QUESTIONABLE.
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
I told you - VO2 Max is a PROVEN INVALID TEST


Well show me the proof?

"Fitness can be measured by the volume of oxygen you can consume while exercising at your maximum capacity. VO2max is the maximum amount of oxygen in milliliters, one can use in one minute per kilogram of body weight. Those who are fit have higher VO2max values and can exercise more intensely than those who are not as well conditioned."

So are you saying that with all our modern equipment that we can't measure oxygen consumption in an individual? I find that VERY hard to believe regardless of whether it's accurately called Vo2Max or not.

It makes sense that an increase in what we call "Vo2Max" is one of the adaptations in runners that makes them better at running than non runners..

Landau wrote:
YOU CAN EVEN ASK DARDEN. THE BEST RUNNING RESEARCHER TODAY EVEN INVALIDATES IT


Name?

Landau wrote:
VO2 Max is spawned from soft science - therefore finally has been questioned, and is at best QUESTIONABLE.


Again you're homing on on one particular thing. There are numerous studies/research showing numerous benefits from "exercise that gets you huffing" that it would be ignorant to close of our minds to it.

You haven't answered this yet. Why DO YOU exercise?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Noakes -
Why would I brush my teeth?
Why should you care WTFID? You NEVER agree with me ever, and whenever I add 1 and 1, I get 3 from you.
Why don't you just GTFOTI and get involved in the Research that you support and have never seen performed. - You cannnot validate something by simply by posting things you have no idea how, when, and if they are actually performed. Prestigious Physiologists, how the HELL do you know - you don't! People like you exist nearly 100 Percent of the time, I would have made much more Money, if I was a TRUE BELIEVER LIKE YOU. Just because you can pound your chest (TITS) and.......
Research is Payed for, not done for free, and has an agenda. Fitness is a Billion Dollar Industry. DUH?
Open User Options Menu

mentzerfan

Natty wrote:
mentzerfan.

You type a lot but don't really say too much.


That's a pretty ironic statement coming form you!

It boils down to this. Everyone can swear, insult, be obnoxious, anti social etc.. so long they support HIT that's acceptable, nothing is said. When finally I respond (in a lesser fashion I may add and after ignoring it for months) you'll pick me up on it. How very sad, pityfull, I'm glad to see that double standards are still reigning supreme in HIT world.


I just want you to know there's no world HIT conspiracy here! There is no HIT world.
Your posts are just as insulting, obnoxious and anti social as anybody's and still you manage to accuse me of "double standards". Well done indeed.

Ask yourself, what does Landau hope to gain from this "shouting" match or does not the same question apply here?


I already did that a long time ago. Landau is angry because he is having to justify HIT on a HIT forum. Just out of interest, what brought you to post so much on a HIT forum? Which aspect of HIT are you interested in the most?

Remember you said here, better to talk to someone that feels passionate about his beliefs, you use this to defend Landaus posting style yet condemn me for the same thing.. Hypocrite.


Not really no, as you don't tell anyone what your beliefs are! What are you passionate about? Anything? As you spend so much time on this HIT forum I assumed you must be really into HIT. Is that not right? Please let me know where you stand!

Anyone can "get involved" I just find it hilarious how you jump to Landaus defense when he is on the end of some hard talk when he's been dishing it out for months. Double standards anyone?


Would it not be "double standards" if I supported you?! I've already stated very clearly why I'm supporting David Landau and why I'm rather suspicious of your motives for being on this board.

mentzerfan wrote:
I didn't realise I needed your permission to post here!

Who said you did? Apparently, you think I need yours.


Well I read this forum and post every now and again because I enjoy reading and training HIT. What about you?

Does this apply to David also? or any other vocal HITer?


Are you not a HITer then Natty?

Go contribute something actually training related to the board if you wish to communicate with the grown ups.


I've contributed a fair bit to this board over the past four years thanks. The vast majority of it is even "training related'!

If you think "communicating with the grown ups" is what you have been posting in recent weeks then I feel desperately sorry for you!

LOL @ the faithful legion of HITers coming to Landaus rescue because he got his arse handed to him.


Thanks for that bit of "grown up" communication. LOL ROFLMAO. Please let me know if there are any more "grown up" phrases I can use!


WTF has a debate here and my actual life got to with anything? What is it with HITers and this "my life must be so crap because I debate here" if it makes you feel better to think I have such an awful life by all means think it LMAO.


Shouting out random insults isn't really a debate you know? Now that you've brought it up, why exactly do you post here? Do you have an interest in HIT, Nautilus, Jones or Darden? I'm here to help.

If you want to talk about your life that that's fine by me. Please send me a PM if you'd like to discuss anything that's bothering you.

Oh and finally:

I've communicated with David for many months over many things, he's made his position very clear. Closed minded, dogmatic, bias, agenda all apply. Or am I not supposed to take him at his word just because I've not met him.. LOL you can do better.


One of the reason I like Dave Landau's posts is that his stance is always clear. On the other hand I don't have a single clue what your stance is. You have posted a colossal amount of times on this board and yet no-one knows your views on HIT.

Have you, or you planning on training HIT?

Have you read anything by Jones or Dr Darden?

What is it that interests you about HIT that you spend so long on its main forum?

Perhaps if you made your stance clear you wouldn't create so much bad feeling?

LOL. Is that any better?
Open User Options Menu

Mr. Strong

Landau wrote:
VO2 MAX is another fraudulent testing tool used by your favorite researchers. It stems from a Tool that was designed to measure VO2 Min. There is absolutely no accuracy to this test whatsoever.

Are you in the Business of Selling "Wellness" or "Wellness Centers?" Because they are COMPLETE FRAUD and a MONEY MAKER for Huge Hospitals, "Health Clubs" and the like. Why would they design a "Study" against where the All The MONEY is coming from, because this is how it is. Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, because that is Life. So if you are part of the Religious Crusade helping perpetrate this Health Hoax and you can pull up whatever "research" you want - you are amongst the Dead Wrong, but if you believe all this fantasy science, it's not my fault - you have fallen hook, line, and sinker.

Facts
1. Planned (canned) Physical Activity Cannot Prevent Heart Disease
2. Physical Activity Does Not Promote Longevity
3. The Relationship Between Health and Physical Activity is Slim and None - Slim Left Town
4. Heart Disease is Not a Disease of Performance Disease, It is a Pathology like Cancer, Leukemia Etc
5. Although Cardiac Changes do Occur as your "Functional Capacity" - they are not better or healthier
6. The Perception of a Slower Resting Heart Rate being Healthier is a Fantasy, although Largely Accepted, it has a Double Edge Sword.
7. Quoting Research that Promotes The False Notions that Planned Physical Activity is Healthier, can cause Heart Disease
8. If You Don't Understand the Reason for all of this Research, Follow the Money Line.




Let me get this straight you are claiming that having a lower resting heart rate is not a good thing nor does it mean you are healthier than someone with a higher resting heart rate?

Therefore you must be saying that a higher heart rate is healthier, this can't be right?



Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Mr. Strong wrote:
Landau wrote:
VO2 MAX is another fraudulent testing tool used by your favorite researchers. It stems from a Tool that was designed to measure VO2 Min. There is absolutely no accuracy to this test whatsoever.

Are you in the Business of Selling "Wellness" or "Wellness Centers?" Because they are COMPLETE FRAUD and a MONEY MAKER for Huge Hospitals, "Health Clubs" and the like. Why would they design a "Study" against where the All The MONEY is coming from, because this is how it is. Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, because that is Life. So if you are part of the Religious Crusade helping perpetrate this Health Hoax and you can pull up whatever "research" you want - you are amongst the Dead Wrong, but if you believe all this fantasy science, it's not my fault - you have fallen hook, line, and sinker.

Facts
1. Planned (canned) Physical Activity Cannot Prevent Heart Disease
2. Physical Activity Does Not Promote Longevity
3. The Relationship Between Health and Physical Activity is Slim and None - Slim Left Town
4. Heart Disease is Not a Disease of Performance Disease, It is a Pathology like Cancer, Leukemia Etc
5. Although Cardiac Changes do Occur as your "Functional Capacity" - they are not better or healthier
6. The Perception of a Slower Resting Heart Rate being Healthier is a Fantasy, although Largely Accepted, it has a Double Edge Sword.
7. Quoting Research that Promotes The False Notions that Planned Physical Activity is Healthier, can cause Heart Disease
8. If You Don't Understand the Reason for all of this Research, Follow the Money Line.




Let me get this straight you are claiming that having a lower resting heart rate is not a good thing nor does it mean you are healthier than someone with a higher resting heart rate?

Therefore you must be saying that a higher heart rate is healthier, this can't be right?





No, unless there are gross variations, people with inherently higher resting heart rates are just fine - empirical experience suggests that. The Lower Resting Heart Rate Emphasis is Largely Exaggerated.
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy