MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Is Running Really all that Bad?
First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

Landau

Florida, USA

Pinter: You are a Hypocrite and Cannot be take seriously - critique me - I used to run laps blindly at age 16, so what - I learned what to avoid early on - you're a dreamer too - get over it.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Natural: Are you GAY? Are you Religious. Answer Both Please.
Open User Options Menu

The Devil

Question for the hypocrite,

Pinter were you involved in SS before you became a so called physicist? I am just curious, you also look like what wayne refers to as a dieter...I would also like to see some pics of you while training SS.

I cant imagine why someone would go from clinical super slow to that garbage you guys posted on You Tube, Unless they were just plain lazy or down right ignorant.

are you just trying to justify your laziness??? Im trying to get a handle on this..Ohh yeah Liftin your ass in the air regardless of rep speed is shitty form, not to mention the sppedy gonzalez crap reps you guys do is down right insane...and to say you train you mother that way shows your respect and attitude towards seniors..Poor & none!

Hugs,
Beelzubub
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
Natural: Are you GAY? Are you Religious. Answer Both Please.


You're making demands of me to answer questions when you've been ignoring three very key questions of mine so lets try again:

1/ As you reject all research on human biology and physiology. Would you accept medicine, or cancer treatments etc..

2/ As you've claimed that Arthur Jones told you in private that his aerobic condition athletic journal is inaccurate, is it worth anyone reading ANY of Jones printed works?

3/ If you reject all exercise physiology and research as "fallacy" on what exactly do you base your beliefs?

Can you answer? I've posed the questions enough times. Your refusal to answer speaks volumes to board.
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
Pinter: You are a Hypocrite and Cannot be take seriously - critique me - I used to run laps blindly at age 16, so what - I learned what to avoid early on - you're a dreamer too - get over it.


Jeff has provided you with accurate and solid information on how science and peer reviews work. You cannot refute this so instead you use the same pathetic tactic on Jeff as you attempt on me.. TRY to invalidate the individual.

Bloody pathetic Landau. Try again
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
"Meet the Trainer" - Faggot Fallacy - does this mean anything to you? How about you Jeff - A Front, A Fraud?


Landau you provide NO EVIDENCE that counters the research, science and research presented here. Your only argument is "ad hominem"

For those that don't know about this desperate tactic when lacking a true reply here is a brief definition:

"An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.

The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument (personal attack) in an attempt to discredit the argument. It is also used when an opponent is unable to find fault with an argument, yet for various reasons, the opponent disagrees with it.
"

http://en.wikipedia.org/...wiki/Ad_hominem

Does the above remind you of anybody?
Open User Options Menu

jeffpinter

California, USA

Landau wrote:
Pinter: You are a Hypocrite and Cannot be take seriously

Resorting to yet another logical fallacy (ad hominem)...


Jeff Pinter - you are a FRAUD - SUPER SLOW - explain your way out of that and you looked healthier.


And yet another (straw man). Keep going...you're on a roll...


you're a dreamer too - get over it!

Quit it already - you're killing me!

David - first off - settle down. You're getting far too upset. This is not brain surgery we're talking about here. We're debating exercise on an internet forum - no one is going to die.

But back to your ad hominem attacks - I presume that you're referring to my website? (I didn't know you used the internet for information...or believed any of it?)

Yes - I did once buy into the SS mantra. I bought it hook, line, and sinker. But since then I have analyzed it via theory (physics) and empirical data (me). It's been a gradual evolution over the years to where I am now.

Again, this is what science is all about. I have changed my mind in the past on many things when confronted with contrary evidence.

Can you do the same? WOULD you do the same?

Jeff
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

That's all I can do with you gay boy - how is Jesus?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

You point to Exercise Physiology Research, but you don't even know WTF research even is. You are a MORON, and admit to being Gay and a Jesus Lover.
Open User Options Menu

jn6047

Landau wrote:
That's all I can do with you gay boy - how is Jesus?


This stuff is seriously uncalled for.

jn6047
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Jeff: Just explain your Super Slow Venture - I could care less, I cannot communicate with that BEEFCAKE GAY BRIT.
Open User Options Menu

Benjamin Dover

Landau wrote:
Jeff: Just explain your Super Slow Venture - I could care less, I cannot communicate with that BEEFCAKE GAY BRIT.


Don't you mean slightly rotund gay Brit?

I can explain Jeff's "venture"...$$$$$$$$$$.

Jeff, tell me about your various injuries. What wrecked your shoulders? What exactly destroyed your knees?
Open User Options Menu

Benjamin Dover

Natty wrote:
JamesT wrote:
Very good Natural!

Jeff loves to INJECT...a little reason!

Excellent!

I see what you did there James.. very clever. You know even IF Jeff did inject or use.. WTF would that have to do with his knowledge of science, research and his solid post?

You're getting as desperate as Landau. Using complete nonsense to attempt to make a point. Try to stick to the subject matter it will reflect a lot better on you if you do so.

Hint: I have already received PMs from silent readers who's opinions are being "re-thought" due to seeing through Landaus dogma. I dare say you wouldn't wish to contribute to the further bad reputation of HIT and it's trainers.


Jeff has an excellent knowledge of chemistry. He knows where to get the good stuff. And apparently his BROTHER is a physicist. Interesting don't you think?

HIT doesn't have a bad reputation with the people who matter. The individuals who are lucky/clever enough to employ a good trainer who doesn't encourage the destruction of joints, emphasis of "cardio" and the endless pursuit of "burning" fat.

I'm not sure this forum is important enough to make or break people. I can assure you Naitch, life goes on in THE REAL WORLD. You should try it.

Why don't you run in the direction of Empire Fitness? We'd love to see you.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

jn6047 wrote:
Landau wrote:
That's all I can do with you gay boy - how is Jesus?

This stuff is seriously uncalled for.

jn6047


Remember Big Time Professional Wrestling - "That was uncalled for!"
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Yes, I do know what research is, the clue is in the name.

Landau wrote:
That's all I can do with you gay boy - how is Jesus?


Landau wrote:
You point to Exercise Physiology Research, but you don't even know WTF research even is. You are a MORON, and admit to being Gay and a Jesus Lover.


The above is quite frankly disgusting forum behaviors Landau. However I am glad you're showing your true colours for all to see.
Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

JamesT wrote:
Don't you mean slightly rotund gay Brit?

Please don't resort to 'argumentum ad hominem' as your friend David. His reputation is going down the pan here don't follow suite.

JamesT wrote:
HIT doesn't have a bad reputation with the people who matter.


James. Behind every user name lay a real person, they matter. Or are you of the opinion that no one matters on this board? Rather disrespectful to the forum and it's members don't you think?

JamesT wrote:
The individuals who are lucky/clever enough to employ a good trainer who doesn't encourage the destruction of joints, emphasis of "cardio" and the endless pursuit of "burning" fat.


The above is nonsense. Who's encourages joint problems? Every trainer but you I suppose huh? Come on James you know that's crap.

JamesT wrote:
I'm not sure this forum is important enough to make or break people. I can assure you Naitch, life goes on in THE REAL WORLD. You should try it.


If the opinion of people change (which it is) due to shallow arguments presented by HIT trainers who should know better, then that matters. Peoples opinions matter James. As I said, behind every user name lay a person IN the real world. You cannot "poo poo" the internet. It's just another way of communicating.

In fact, if I was a board member/HITer and had just read your remarks about members here and how they don't matter, I'd be somewhat offended.
Open User Options Menu

davise

Even if I agreed with your POV on exercise (which I find I agree with you on more than I disagree) after that last crack I'd still think you are a bitter little man. What does ones views on faith or sexual orientation have to do with exercise science? I think you'll find some followers of HIT also have a relationship with Christ.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Not Bitter - Realistic, Not Mystic - Realistic - Ad Hominem is how I have to deal with these ANTI - HITTERS after stating things that would be clear to a retarded Goat. Gay means HAPPY, so don't be so offended - I'm not Bitter - I'm Happy.
Open User Options Menu

jeffpinter

California, USA

JamesT wrote:
Jeff has an excellent knowledge of chemistry. He knows where to get the good stuff. And apparently his BROTHER is a physicist. Interesting don't you think?

Jeff, tell me about your various injuries. What wrecked your shoulders?

What exactly destroyed your knees?

In case you're all wondering how James knows so much about me - he is not only my biggest fan (or maybe I should say smallest) but he is also president of my fan club.

If you're interested in 8 x 10 prints please send him a PM.

Jeff

p.s. James - you're losing your touch - you forgot to mention my back.
Open User Options Menu

jeffpinter

California, USA

The Devil wrote:
Pinter were you involved in SS before you became a so called physicist?

Actually basketweaving preceded them both.


I would also like to see some pics of you while training SS.

Oh really? You'll have to contact James for this - he's the president of my fan club and handles all photo requests.

And I would REALLY like to see some of you. You've given no indication that you train in any fashion whatsoever, but show me anyway.


and to say you train you mother that way shows your respect and attitude towards seniors..Poor & none!

I agree with you here. She's so damn strong now at 80 years of age she literally kicks my butt whenever I get out of line!

Jeff

p.s. I not only lift weights fast, I also play a pretty fast fiddle. So be wary the next time you're looking for a soul to steal.
Open User Options Menu

jeffpinter

California, USA

Landau wrote:
Jeff: Just explain your Super Slow Venture

I've explained it ad nauseum David.

Explain yours.

Jeff

Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
Not Bitter - Realistic, Not Mystic - Realistic - Ad Hominem is how I have to deal with these ANTI - HITTERS after stating things that would be clear to a retarded Goat. Gay means HAPPY, so don't be so offended - I'm not Bitter - I'm Happy.


Landau. 'Ad Hominem', 'appeal to authority' and opinion is ALL you've had this entire argument. Nothings been backed up.

And we all know what you meant by gay. You're obviously a very bitter individual over something David. Do you have an issue with homosexuals?

Ok. Instead of the ad hominem attacks, how about you offer the board something substantial. You've suggested we all need to 'research the research'. Would you tell us how you went about doing that? How can you be sure that every study is flawed and every MD/PhD corrupt?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Read Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
Open User Options Menu

Benjamin Dover

jeffpinter wrote:
In case you're all wondering how James knows so much about me - he is not only my biggest fan (or maybe I should say smallest) but he is also president of my fan club.

If you're interested in 8 x 10 prints please send him a PM.

Jeff

p.s. James - you're losing your touch - you forgot to mention my back.


I am your biggest little fan Jeff, I truly am.

I can't send out any photos at present though, the more recent ones are a slight...lacking?

Have a word with Big John, I'm sure he can arrange a short course and I'll book the photographer for when? Say, 10 weeks?

Let me know.

Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Landau wrote:
Read Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark


The book deals with the subjects of alien abduction, channeling, witchcraft and satanism, ghosts, crop circles, faith healing, hallucinations etc..

Can you specifically tell the board how it negates ALL exercise physiology and peer reviewed studies and research?
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy