MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
If You're Anti-HIT, Why are You Here?
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

darebrewer

This is just a quick post. Question, if you are anti-HIT, why are you here??? Shouldn't you just go to a vegan board and post why they should eat meat? Every one has a right to their opinions, facts, or whatever but the people on this site obviously believe what you don't. If you've been in the BB game for more than a day, you know that there are many different ways that claim to be efficient, good or the best and there are even more studies, minds, dr's who can post "facts" for all sides. Let those of us who follow HIT, learn from other believers, we can go else where to here different view points!
Open User Options Menu

BennyAnthonyOfKC

Missouri, USA


I SECOND THAT!!!! HERE, HERE... or is it HEAR, HEAR?!! :)

These goofs that like to inhabit here to spew their counter-HIT non-sense are a personality-disorder unto themselves, as I like to think of them as CONTRARIANS. Not that running contrary to something is bad, but not for the sake of being contrary for its own sake!

Along these lines, I submit to the court of the marketplace of ideas that CONTRARIANISM runs too deep in our society, which I indict most people that I classify as THE OVERLY-LIBERAL. People like Allan Colmes are more like the apologists that has developed a new meaning in English-speaking countries, not the apologetics of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

However, running counter to liberals and Democrats are some objectivists and conservatives that are CONTRARIANS, not many, but they exist. For instance, the CEO of Cybex (I do not know about the current one) from a few years back owned rights, or the rights, to ATLAS SHRUGGED, and he thought of himself as an objectivist. Yet, he heads CYBEX that is about as CONTRARY as CONTRARY can be! In fact, I would think he is a little bit like the newspaper editor in THE FOUNTAINHEAD.

Open User Options Menu

BennyAnthonyOfKC

Missouri, USA


Here is the dopey CYBEX CEO talking about his production of ATLAS SHRUGGED from a year ago.


http://www.theatlasphere.com/...ugged-movie.php


Open User Options Menu

MikaelPR

During the time I was practicing SuperSlow (12 years or so), I would from time to time encounter other SS "practitioners". Of these people,none actually performed anything close to what Ken Hutchins was teaching. They moved much faster than SS speeds, bounced in and out of the turnarounds,etc. These people believed they were performing SuperSlow reps, probably because they were training slower than 99% of the other people in the gym.

I wonder if some of the people who post here believe they are training in a high-intensity fashion,merely because they are lifting(throwing) heavy weights,achieving "failure" after 2-3 reps,making lots of noise and "intense" faces,etc.. In other words I think these people believe themselves to be the "true" HIT practitioners or maybe that HIT has a much broader definition than it does. Let me say however, that my own training no longer fits the traditional definition either,though it has much more in common than the weight throwing demonstrated by Bio-Force,Wayne, and a few others who've posted their training videos. Of course I could be wrong, these guys may just want to argumentative.
Mike
Open User Options Menu

Nautilus1975

Do whatever works for you - if it is HIT then do it - if it is a season of HIT and then a season of HV then do that -

If you guys can't figure out what works for you and what doesn't then I don't know what to tell you - either you haven't been around long enough or maybe just don't know how to train, OR have the gentic disposition not to gain -

If any of the above is the case, still, WHY ARGUE? HIT may still work for the guy standing next to you even if it doesn't work for you (or you can't stand the intensity)


I am lucky - almost everything works for me ;-) even painting a room to wrenchin on a car to rowin a boat ;-)





Open User Options Menu

N@tural1

Nobody on this board as far as I know is anti HIT, however there are some here that are realistic as to the limitations of the slow SSTF model.
Open User Options Menu

perrymk

BennyAnthonyOfKC wrote:

I SECOND THAT!!!! HERE, HERE... or is it HEAR, HEAR?!! :)



"Hear, here" as in "listen up all who are present."

Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

As someone who currently practises and had used and promoted HIT in some form or another for nearly 20 years now, I would say while there are a few on here who strongly disagree with the principles of HIT (whatever that may be, as it never been truly defined) there are none of whom who are anti HIT.

Guys like Bio, and Jeff, have been around for a long time and really should be welcomed as they offer a DIFFERENT VIEW POINT AND OPINION, as this is a DISCUSSION, board then in order to learn and even further HIT then a difference of opinion creates DEBATE.

It is these HIT "believers" that cause the problem, as they are not open to discussing other possibility's. And just what is it they believe in, as this then states that there principles and HIT is based on nothing more than faith, which can neither be proved or is tangible.

The principles of exercises are applicable to ALL modes of training not solely to the realm of High Intensity Training it is the MEASURE of which they are applied which makes the difference.

For those who say they use HIT, my advice would be take your heads out of the sand and clear it from your ears, as then you might just learn something..

Considers this, myself, Josh Trentine, and Mike Lipowski, Mark Houghton are all founding members of Team HITonline, a HIGH INTENSITY, body building web site, yet none of us trains the same, but we share more in common with are training than we don't, based on our SPECIFIC goals..

Belonging to a HIT web site does not give you sole rights or the moral high ground to exclude those of an opposing view point.

Paul.
Open User Options Menu

BennyAnthonyOfKC

Missouri, USA


***** PAUL MARSLAND *****


I agree with you, because I would never classify anyone like youself as anti-HIT, as see you as person that developed the outer-reaches of HIT and, especially, your individuals needs. However, there are still some jokers on here that see Arthur Jones as crazy for his notions and others that follow Jonesian training as being stupid; of course, I disagree with such beliefs, but that is where certain people are anti-HIT and, in my words, CONTRARIANS.

Paul, I hope things get better on the British Isle, as my family has friends there and they describe some strange things happening with economy. Like, Amnerica is any better!? :)

Anyway, my best wishes.

Open User Options Menu

physcult

Paul Marsland wrote:
As someone who currently practises and had used and promoted HIT in some form or another for nearly 20 years now, I would say while there are a few on here who strongly disagree with the principles of HIT (whatever that may be, as it never been truly defined) there are none of whom who are anti HIT.

Guys like Bio, and Jeff, have been around for a long time and really should be welcomed as they offer a DIFFERENT VIEW POINT AND OPINION, as this is a DISCUSSION, board then in order to learn and even further HIT then a difference of opinion creates DEBATE.

It is these HIT "believers" that cause the problem, as they are not open to discussing other possibility's. And just what is it they believe in, as this then states that there principles and HIT is based on nothing more than faith, which can neither be proved or is tangible.

The principles of exercises are applicable to ALL modes of training not solely to the realm of High Intensity Training it is the MEASURE of which they are applied which makes the difference.

For those who say they use HIT, my advice would be take your heads out of the sand and clear it from your ears, as then you might just learn something..

Considers this, myself, Josh Trentine, and Mike Lipowski, Mark Houghton are all founding members of Team HITonline, a HIGH INTENSITY, body building web site, yet none of us trains the same, but we share more in common with are training than we don't, based on our SPECIFIC goals..

Belonging to a HIT web site does not give you sole rights or the moral high ground to exclude those of an opposing view point.

Paul.


Great post
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

darebrewer wrote:
This is just a quick post. Question, if you are anti-HIT, why are you here??? Shouldn't you just go to a vegan board and post why they should eat meat? Every one has a right to their opinions, facts, or whatever but the people on this site obviously believe what you don't. If you've been in the BB game for more than a day, you know that there are many different ways that claim to be efficient, good or the best and there are even more studies, minds, dr's who can post "facts" for all sides. Let those of us who follow HIT, learn from other believers, we can go else where to here different view points!



Agreed - BTW - Was Someone Alluding to HIT being Faith Based? I Don't Pray or Worship. Train Hard/Brief - Get it Done - Move On - It's Not a Hang Out Like the Church?
Open User Options Menu

coomo

Natty wrote:
Nobody on this board as far as I know is anti HIT, however there are some here that are realistic as to the limitations of the slow SSTF model.


How the fuck would you know? you train alone in a garage. you have no experience of anything, yet you choose to disagree with experienced practioners who have been traning HIT for years, your just a internet dimwit. you opinion means nothing.
Bio is no better. He aludes to HIT then posts some hilarious training videos.As far detached from HIT as is possible.
Open User Options Menu

coomo

Paul Marsland wrote:


Guys like Bio, and Jeff, have been around for a long time and really should be welcomed as they offer a DIFFERENT VIEW POINT AND OPINION, as this is a DISCUSSION, board then in order to learn and even further HIT then a difference of opinion creates DEBATE.




Paul.

I dont usually disagree With you Paul, in this case however i do.As far as im concerned the opinion of a fool is no more valid because they are an old fool.Obviously , just my opinion.

Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

BennyAnthonyOfKC wrote:

***** PAUL MARSLAND *****


I agree with you, because I would never classify anyone like youself as anti-HIT, as see you as person that developed the outer-reaches of HIT and, especially, your individuals needs. However, there are still some jokers on here that see Arthur Jones as crazy for his notions and others that follow Jonesian training as being stupid; of course, I disagree with such beliefs, but that is where certain people are anti-HIT and, in my words, CONTRARIANS.

Paul, I hope things get better on the British Isle, as my family has friends there and they describe some strange things happening with economy. Like, Amnerica is any better!? :)

Anyway, my best wishes.



Then they are not Anti HIT per se, it is that they don't agree with the writings of Jones/Mentzer et al, there are lots of things I don't agree within the writings of Mentzer, his consolidation routine for a start, Jones was not infallible, history is evidence of this, his eccentricity could also be why people saw him as crazy, also one has to understand that if you are going to stick your heard above the crowd (as Jones and later Mentzer did) then people are gonna try and chop it off, ANYONE of us here that promotes and uses HIT (in what ever form that may be) can testify to hostility and a strong objection to your views while discussing this on other forums...do you think that you should then be exluded from other forums because you don't follow the mainstream training principles..??


In later years its guys like Brian Johnston that have been the focus of verbal and written attacks from both camps????, simply because he does not subscribe ( as I do) to one particular mode of training, as he has stated and of which I repeated in my previous post, it is the MEASURE of the principles of exercise (frequency, duration, intensity etc) based on the individuals tolerances and needs which govern the exercise program, NOT because a certain prolific writer/inventor, bodybuilder says so..


I would go as far as to say there is NO ONE on this board who says they use HIT that trains in the EXACT SAME manner, than anybody else, as it is their INDIVIDUAL interpretation of what HIT is and thus how they apply it. So who's version of HIT is right and therefore who should then be excluded if BOTH say they do HIT?


Threads like this one, are born out of fear and a personal lack of understanding and hero worship, as to state "If you don't use HIT why come here??" says to me, "Please don't challenge my views as I'm don't really know or understand and I want to believe that HIT works and you undermine my beliefs with your opposing views and I lack the knowledge to challenge you"......


Threads like this do more harm to HIT than good, as it just reinforces the already accepted opinion that HIT practitioners are dogmatic and closed minded....
Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

Definitions of belief on the Web:

* any cognitive content held as true
* impression: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

coomo wrote:
Paul Marsland wrote:


Guys like Bio, and Jeff, have been around for a long time and really should be welcomed as they offer a DIFFERENT VIEW POINT AND OPINION, as this is a DISCUSSION, board then in order to learn and even further HIT then a difference of opinion creates DEBATE.




Paul.
I dont usually disagree With you Paul, in this case however i do.As far as im concerned the opinion of a fool is no more valid because they are an old fool.Obviously , just my opinion.



No problem, and your opinion is to be welcomed, but you are missing the point, just because you disagree with the likes of Bio does not give you or anyone else the right to exclude them from this board, as they have to the right to challenge and debate an opposing view point, it would be a VERY boring forum if everyone agreed, Hell, just go to High Intensity.net for proof of this...!!!


My point is don't let your personal opinions cloud your objective view point....
Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

Landau wrote:
darebrewer wrote:
This is just a quick post. Question, if you are anti-HIT, why are you here??? Shouldn't you just go to a vegan board and post why they should eat meat? Every one has a right to their opinions, facts, or whatever but the people on this site obviously believe what you don't. If you've been in the BB game for more than a day, you know that there are many different ways that claim to be efficient, good or the best and there are even more studies, minds, dr's who can post "facts" for all sides. Let those of us who follow HIT, learn from other believers, we can go else where to here different view points!


Agreed - BTW - Was Someone Alluding to HIT being Faith Based? I Don't Pray or Worship. Train Hard/Brief - Get it Done - Move On - It's Not a Hang Out Like the Church?



I did David..


faith (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.


2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.

3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.

4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.

5. The body of dogma of a religion:

6. A set of principles or beliefs.

darebrewer wrote: Let those of us who follow HIT, learn from other believers, we can go else where to here different view points!


Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Wrong - Mr. DH and I have Communicated over the Years and we have spoken about thought about the same routines - sub protocols, almost as if he was reading my mind - as if "telepathic." So our HIT Routines, Thoughts, ETC have Literally Paralleled over the years. Yeah, I would say there are more that Train Alike than You Think.
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

physcult wrote:
Paul Marsland wrote:
As someone who currently practises and had used and promoted HIT in some form or another for nearly 20 years now, I would say while there are a few on here who strongly disagree with the principles of HIT (whatever that may be, as it never been truly defined) there are none of whom who are anti HIT.

Guys like Bio, and Jeff, have been around for a long time and really should be welcomed as they offer a DIFFERENT VIEW POINT AND OPINION, as this is a DISCUSSION, board then in order to learn and even further HIT then a difference of opinion creates DEBATE.

It is these HIT "believers" that cause the problem, as they are not open to discussing other possibility's. And just what is it they believe in, as this then states that there principles and HIT is based on nothing more than faith, which can neither be proved or is tangible.

The principles of exercises are applicable to ALL modes of training not solely to the realm of High Intensity Training it is the MEASURE of which they are applied which makes the difference.

For those who say they use HIT, my advice would be take your heads out of the sand and clear it from your ears, as then you might just learn something..

Considers this, myself, Josh Trentine, and Mike Lipowski, Mark Houghton are all founding members of Team HITonline, a HIGH INTENSITY, body building web site, yet none of us trains the same, but we share more in common with are training than we don't, based on our SPECIFIC goals..

Belonging to a HIT web site does not give you sole rights or the moral high ground to exclude those of an opposing view point.

Paul.

Great post


I agree, excellent post; I would say some of the posters on this thread should drop the pretense of being mortified; that denotes idol worship. Instead, think for yourself.

Some specific examples:

David,
Not to long ago you went into a religious fervor when I contradicted a quote of Ellingtons; you were only mollified when it was revealed the OP had misquoted him, hence the quote made no sense.
Weather that was the case or not though, it wasn't grounds to start up the Jubilee revival shout - all that will ever do is short-circuit an intellectual conversation. I point this out because you repeat this behavior pretty regularly. It surprises me in your case because you claim not to be religious; I think incessant posts on religion coupled with clearly religious behavior = lady protests to much - stop acting like a high priest.

Benny,
why get mortified and call it anti-HIT when I post a hypothetical HIT routine that includes power cleans?
HIT doesn't require machines last I checked; not even for football. A football team could train HIT without the use of a single Nautilus machine.

Explosive free-weight exercises like the clean and the push-press and even gymnastic exercises can all be incorporated into an HIT routine (arguably, posting political science on an HIT board may be akin to forcing a round peg into a square hole; not HIT).

... I could list more examples but I think you get the idea.
Open User Options Menu

darebrewer

with all due respect Paul, I'm 37 and have trained every way imaginable although I've found HIT works best for me. I do not fear being challenged about my viewpoints as I continue to read about all different types of training to try and pick up bits and pieces that I incorporate into my training, I just go to different sites because I respect the person who pays for this site and he happens to promote HIT, I don't see the need to promote HVT (not saying that's what u promote) on his site.

there are plenty of other sites where one could share differing opinions. I come here to learn about HIT, not to listen to people complain what they believe is wrong with it. get my point? btw, not trying to start a pissing contest
Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

darebrewer wrote:
with all due respect Paul, I'm 37 and have trained every way imaginable although I've found HIT works best for me. I do not fear being challenged about my viewpoints as I continue to read about all different types of training to try and pick up bits and pieces that I incorporate into my training, I just go to different sites because I respect the person who pays for this site and he happens to promote HIT, I don't see the need to promote HVT (not saying that's what u promote) on his site.

there are plenty of other sites where one could share differing opinions. I come here to learn about HIT, not to listen to people complain what they believe is wrong with it. get my point? btw, not trying to start a pissing contest



I totally agree, but you do not have the right to exclude anyone from this board simply because they don't use or follow HIT principles..

You say you've found HIT works best for you? The please define HIT as you use it and how it then applies to you? As I do HIT but it may not be the same as you, so who is right and who is wrong? Do you see were this line of thinking goes?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

"The God Who Wasn't There" DVD "Losing Faith in Faith" Book "Letters From the Earth" Book - from the Landau Archive Recommendations - Hardly Faith Based - I'm Not, Haven't Been Since age 12. You can Interpret What You want thru my Posts, But I will Tell You Straight Up, I'm NOT a True Believer.
Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

Landau wrote:
Wrong - Mr. DH and I have Communicated over the Years and we have spoken about thought about the same routines - sub protocols, almost as if he was reading my mind - as if "telepathic." So our HIT Routines, Thoughts, ETC have Literally Paralleled over the years. Yeah, I would say there are more that Train Alike than You Think.


David, ALIKE, is not the same as EXACTLY..myself and Josh Trentine use the same principles (slow reps 10 up 10 down) and almost the exact same routines, in that I do one compound movement workout and one isolation movement workout, it was only by listening to his interview on the radio program that we became aware of this, but there are enough differences to make each approach individual based upon our SPECIFIC needs...
Open User Options Menu

Paul Marsland

Landau wrote:
"The God Who Wasn't There" DVD "Losing Faith in Faith" Book "Letters From the Earth" Book - from the Landau Archive Recommendations - Hardly Faith Based - I'm Not, Haven't Been Since age 12. You can Interpret What You want thru my Posts, But I will Tell You Straight Up, I'm NOT a True Believer.


Neither am I, what I offer is an objective view point based on personal experience....this therefore eradicates the need for belief of faith, as i have evidence of which then supports my view point and thus can offer an opposing view point to others who don't agree with me...

Open User Options Menu

darebrewer

I never mentioned it was my right to say who could post on this board, I just asked the question why waste your time (if u don't like Hit) and our time for those of us who do. again, if I want hear diff opinions I goto other sites, yes I read tnation every day. dr darden pays for this site and allows us to use it, I'm sure he doesn't appreciate people who continually try to discredit what he and this site stand for. make sense? btw, I haven't read many things from u that made me ask my original question. in fact I've read ur bio on the hit team(?).

one more comment, I have no problems if someone makes a post and they are asking for all diff training viewpoints then by all means let them have it. but when someone asks a question that clearly pertains to HIT ( which most should on this site) then I don't c the need to jump in with how someone thinks HIT sucks. again, I don't circle around vegan sites so I can jump on with how I luv cow! feel me?
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy