MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Big Rigg from Daisy of Love HITing It
1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

st3

Here'a a video we put together of a workout a took Jeremiah "Big Rigg" Riggs from the reality show Daisy of Love through. He was also on season 7 of TUF.

I know his form is not perfect nor his rep speed. I just have fun with him. I gave up a while back on getting him to focus as I think he has ADD so I just basically guide him through some intensity and adjust accordingly.
Here are the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=_YLrU8ReqWg

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=LtxCZf9zPZk

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=nzpi8MYDDMk

Steve
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

"Not perfect"?? Not even close.
Open User Options Menu

st3

southbeach wrote:
"Not perfect"?? Not even close.


Southbeach,
It wasn't intended to be perfect nor close. Just a workout with a tough guy who loves to hit it hard. I wasn't doing anything more than setting up the weights and directing him through a workout. He's responded well you must admit. Thanks for your comments,
Steve
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

st3 wrote:
southbeach wrote:
"Not perfect"?? Not even close.

Southbeach,
It wasn't intended to be perfect nor close. Just a workout with a tough guy who loves to hit it hard. I wasn't doing anything more than setting up the weights and directing him through a workout. He's responded well you must admit. Thanks for your comments,
Steve


has he responded well.. who knows? who can tell?
Open User Options Menu

BIO-FORCE

California, USA

st3 wrote:
Here'a a video we put together of a workout a took Jeremiah "Big Rigg" Riggs from the reality show Daisy of Love through. He was also on season 7 of TUF.

I know his form is not perfect nor his rep speed. I just have fun with him. I gave up a while back on getting him to focus as I think he has ADD so I just basically guide him through some intensity and adjust accordingly.
Here are the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=_YLrU8ReqWg

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=LtxCZf9zPZk

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=nzpi8MYDDMk

Steve



Good video.

Trying to slow him down?

His speed and form look fine. He's a jock. Jocks train to functional strength, and SLOMO is detrimental to their progress.

It appears you have him very fit, and strong.

How much was that on the Hammer Bench?

220#? 240#?

I'd forget trying to get him to pause at peak contraction. Likely a waste of time for his goals. All it will do is lower his training weight, and reduce or impede strength progress.

With that group of machines you could do a lot of "trainer assisted eccentrics" like you did on the LE but 2 or 3 per set.

Nice Gym except for that Hammer with weight stack.

You'll probably catch heat for the rep speed but in my opinion the guy is training at his "natural" speed, and it works.
Open User Options Menu

frygator

Florida, USA

Like you said-not the best form, but still damn intense. Good stuff regardless-thumbsup.

I was waiting for him to reverse-chug over at the water fountain, hehe.
Open User Options Menu

coomo

BIO-FORCE wrote:
st3 wrote:
Here'a a video we put together of a workout a took Jeremiah "Big Rigg" Riggs from the reality show Daisy of Love through. He was also on season 7 of TUF.

I know his form is not perfect nor his rep speed. I just have fun with him. I gave up a while back on getting him to focus as I think he has ADD so I just basically guide him through some intensity and adjust accordingly.
Here are the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=_YLrU8ReqWg

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=LtxCZf9zPZk

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=nzpi8MYDDMk

Steve


Good video.

Trying to slow him down?

His speed and form look fine. He's a jock. Jocks train to functional strength, and SLOMO is detrimental to their progress.

It appears you have him very fit, and strong.

How much was that on the Hammer Bench?

220#? 240#?

I'd forget trying to get him to pause at peak contraction. Likely a waste of time for his goals. All it will do is lower his training weight, and reduce or impede strength progress.

With that group of machines you could do a lot of "trainer assisted eccentrics" like you did on the LE but 2 or 3 per set.

Nice Gym except for that Hammer with weight stack.

You'll probably catch heat for the rep speed but in my opinion the guy is training at his "natural" speed, and it works.

As usual the resident "weight chucker"makes yet another preposterious comment.Natural speed,whats natural about throwing weights around? how do you know it works? do you know his strength and bodyweight before he began this regime? how do you know he hasnt regressed, you fucking dolt.

Open User Options Menu

southbeach

frygator wrote:
Like you said-not the best form, but still damn intense. Good stuff regardless-thumbsup.

I was waiting for him to reverse-chug over at the water fountain, hehe.


What's so "damn intense" about it? Anyone can jerk a weight to & fro but not anyone can endure the difficulty of a heavy methodical set of FROM reps.
Open User Options Menu

Bill Sekerak

California, USA

coomo wrote:
BIO-FORCE wrote:
st3 wrote:
Here'a a video we put together of a workout a took Jeremiah "Big Rigg" Riggs from the reality show Daisy of Love through. He was also on season 7 of TUF.

I know his form is not perfect nor his rep speed. I just have fun with him. I gave up a while back on getting him to focus as I think he has ADD so I just basically guide him through some intensity and adjust accordingly.
Here are the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=_YLrU8ReqWg

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=LtxCZf9zPZk

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=nzpi8MYDDMk

Steve


Good video.

Trying to slow him down?

His speed and form look fine. He's a jock. Jocks train to functional strength, and SLOMO is detrimental to their progress.

It appears you have him very fit, and strong.

How much was that on the Hammer Bench?

220#? 240#?

I'd forget trying to get him to pause at peak contraction. Likely a waste of time for his goals. All it will do is lower his training weight, and reduce or impede strength progress.

With that group of machines you could do a lot of "trainer assisted eccentrics" like you did on the LE but 2 or 3 per set.

Nice Gym except for that Hammer with weight stack.

You'll probably catch heat for the rep speed but in my opinion the guy is training at his "natural" speed, and it works.

As usual the resident "weight chucker"makes yet another preposterious comment.Natural speed,whats natural about throwing weights around? how do you know it works? do you know his strength and bodyweight before he began this regime? how do you know he hasnt regressed, you fucking dolt.



ROFL ! Jocks do what ?
Open User Options Menu

Bill Sekerak

California, USA

st3 wrote:
Here'a a video we put together of a workout a took Jeremiah "Big Rigg" Riggs from the reality show Daisy of Love through. He was also on season 7 of TUF.

I know his form is not perfect nor his rep speed. I just have fun with him. I gave up a while back on getting him to focus as I think he has ADD so I just basically guide him through some intensity and adjust accordingly.
Here are the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=_YLrU8ReqWg

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=LtxCZf9zPZk

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=nzpi8MYDDMk

Steve


His form is not THAT bad , with the exception of the seated row and the small ROM he uses on the leg press. Almost every one I know or knew loved to put every plate on the sled and then perform 20 reps with a total ROM of 4 " or something close to 4 inches. If I were training him I might cut back on the number of exercises he is doing. Otherwise I think his intensity of effort is pretty good.
Open User Options Menu

JimBryan

Florida, USA

Looks fine Steve, Good luck!
Open User Options Menu

Duke Matisse

Thanks for posting.

Looks like he has a great foundation to work with and his form doesn't look too bad...does seem a bit ADD, we can see you asking him to slow it down but he seems pretty set on just moving the weight. I'm sure in time you can reign him in a bit!

I'm a big fan of all HIT training videos: please keep them coming.

Open User Options Menu

Waynes

Switzerland

Great workout.

Now those reps are more like it, keep them like that and he will get far stronger and bigger.

Hope hes eating big and clean.

And you can see its hard, fast, but so much fun, its like you see Rocky training in the films, it makes you want to go out and train.

I do my DB laterals with more of a bend in the elbow, thus to use more weight.

Wayne
Open User Options Menu

Larry T

North Carolina, USA

coomo wrote:
...you fucking dolt.



All kidding aside, I truly pity you.
Open User Options Menu

Joshua Trentine

Ohio, USA

I can't figure out the function of the trainer in this video.
Open User Options Menu

crazeeJZ

Good per-rep intensity. If he trains 3 times a week, I wouldn't expect him to go to failure each workout.

Ignore the textbook light-weight trainers here. Although, with Jeremiah, you would have to exagerate instructions to double, to get him to do half of what you want.

Textbook light-weight trainers, notice at the beginning of the video where he said Jeremiah has added muscle in 1 month, since you guys weren't sure he's progressed. Maybe you guys are the ones with A.D.D.

If Jeremiah is still doing MMA, I would focus on the rush factor between exercises, since that would surely benefit him during his matches.
Open User Options Menu

Nick1971

Texas, USA

You know, I'd seen "H.I.T. Squad" at some UFC events and I wondered if there was a correlation between that group and HIT. Now I know. :D

Here's the routine, as I saw it:

Lat Pulldowns
Chest Press
Rows
Chest Press (again)
Lateral Dumbbell Raises
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
Dumbell Tricep Extensions
Pullups
Dips
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Leg Press

Yes he went fast, but he's an MMA fighter and explosive movements are the name of the game there. He still goes to momentary muscular failure for each exercise, even using set extenders for some such as dropping weight to get a couple more reps in. And at the end he was completely gassed.

All in all, I thought it was cool to watch. :D
Open User Options Menu

AceHIT

Larry T wrote:
coomo wrote:
...you fucking dolt.



All kidding aside, I truly pity you.


SuperMod makes his presence felt...
Open User Options Menu

howard1976

Now i no why people can do so many exercises on here!!

Only one of those exercises was takan to posative failure!!

Of all the videos ive seen with people useing lots of exercises NON have gone to posative failure on every exercise, and most dont even go to on even ONE exercise!

I go to true posative failure, but can only recover from 2 compound exercises once per week!

So my question is would i be better off adding more exercises and NOT doing to failure?

Like to see that guy go to complete posative failure were he can not get another posative rep!! and do all those exercises!

Just as the intensity of effort is starting to reach 100% he STOPS for a rest!! And lets the intensity of effort go back to say 80% and does a few more!

Is that not volume training?
Open User Options Menu

oldwarhorse

Reality check.Jeremiah trains hard and looks great.Fritz trains with me and uses the same intensity and form.At almost 70 years young Fritz still looks great!All the old time bodybulders from the 50's and 60's trained the same way as Jeremiah.They all had great physiques.They spent zero time commenting on the trivial and all their time trying to look great.
Open User Options Menu

Larry T

North Carolina, USA

AceHIT wrote:
Larry T wrote:
coomo wrote:
...you fucking dolt.



All kidding aside, I truly pity you.

SuperMod makes his presence felt...


When you call out some of your buddies for their vulgar and insulting posts, then - and ONLY then will your critique of my posts have any merit.
Open User Options Menu

st3

Bill Sekerak wrote:
st3 wrote:
Here'a a video we put together of a workout a took Jeremiah "Big Rigg" Riggs from the reality show Daisy of Love through. He was also on season 7 of TUF.

I know his form is not perfect nor his rep speed. I just have fun with him. I gave up a while back on getting him to focus as I think he has ADD so I just basically guide him through some intensity and adjust accordingly.
Here are the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=_YLrU8ReqWg

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=LtxCZf9zPZk

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=nzpi8MYDDMk

Steve

His form is not THAT bad , with the exception of the seated row and the small ROM he uses on the leg press. Almost every one I know or knew loved to put every plate on the sled and then perform 20 reps with a total ROM of 4 " or something close to 4 inches. If I were training him I might cut back on the number of exercises he is doing. Otherwise I think his intensity of effort is pretty good.


Hi Bill,
As far as that leg press rom. I agree with what your saying. On that particular leg press what I tell people to do is to use a rom that "keeps your butt on the bottom pad". For some reason that angle bever felt good to me and when I do the movement it irritates an existing low back injury. Some people will bring their legs down to their chest and it really loads the low back dagerously so I reduce rom.

As far as the number of exercises. This guy can tolerate a lot of exercise and as a guide him more than train him I've learned how much he likes to do.

Thanks for your comments.
Steve
Open User Options Menu

st3

Duke Matisse wrote:
Thanks for posting.

Looks like he has a great foundation to work with and his form doesn't look too bad...does seem a bit ADD, we can see you asking him to slow it down but he seems pretty set on just moving the weight. I'm sure in time you can reign him in a bit!

I'm a big fan of all HIT training videos: please keep them coming.



Duke,
Jeremiah can't listen to what I say. ha ha. I'm serious about his a.d.d. he admits it. I tried to explain and show him different things about controlling his movements, rep speed, connecting his mind to the muscle etc. and it just didn't work. He just likes me to point to the next exercise and say "do that". However, I did change his workout around more than you can imagine.

Thanks for your reply,
Steve
Open User Options Menu

st3

JimBryan wrote:
Looks fine Steve, Good luck!


Thanks Jim,
Hope all is well with you!
Steve
Open User Options Menu

st3

Joshua Trentine wrote:
I can't figure out the function of the trainer in this video.


Hi Joshua,
In the full context of my time training Jeremiah, and I know this will sound crazy, his training protocol, form and exercise selection is sooo much better than it was pryor to talking to me.

He used to do an exercise for 4-5 sets, throwing the wt. around as fast as possible then do one for another body part and so on.
As I said before I'm serious about his a.d.d. he admits it. I tried to explain and show him different things about controlling his movements, rep speed, connecting his mind to the muscle etc. and it just didn't work. He just likes me to point to the next exercise and say "do that".

As far as me posting this and the function of what I'm doing was more for fun than anything else. Personally I like to watch videos that are posted on this site and wanted to share.
Thanks Joshua,
Steve
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy