MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Marinovich Training Troy Palumalo
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

sgb2112

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.
Open User Options Menu

sgb2112

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=O0c_Wwi-ePE

^"Isokinetic" training..no free weights, focus in getting muscles to fire faster."Bigger is slower."^

Open User Options Menu

cargo

That stuff is retarded, if any of that stuff had any merit,

Professional skateboarder Rodney Mullen would be the most "athletic athlete" in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=bPYlM1VPP_Y
Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

Long, slender, athletic muscle? I thought that was genetics?

Nate
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

Marinivich Training? - Complete Sick Joke - Wonder Why Troy is Injured so much this year "spiritual?" Funny - Someone Needs to Throw Those Guys in Jail!
Open User Options Menu

fbcoach

sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.


Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.
Open User Options Menu

HSDAD

There are multiple places in print and interviews on You Tube that have Marinovich saying that Polamalu was a rare and gifted athlete before he ever trained with him (Marinovich). In essence, he took someone who was already better than anyone else, changed his gym routine and took credit for the results.

As for why Polamalu is hurt so much, look at Bob Sanders of the Colts. He is the only player active who is even close to Polamalu in ability. When either of them is playing, they are the quickest players on the field and hit with the force of an express train. But both are constantly hurt. Because unfortunately, all of that inate ability is in a frail, human body. Both have suffered multiple concussions, not from others hitting them, but from hits they themselves delivered. They're hurt because they are the cutting edge of ability in the most violent legal game in the world.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.



Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.
Open User Options Menu

RX Exercise

North Carolina, USA

sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.


WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHIT? OMG
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Can it get any worse?
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Quote from Arthur Jones:

"More than twenty years ago, it was clearly stated in print in Iron Man Magazine,

"..the strength of muscle is in direct proportion to its size." Unfortunately, the choice of words used at the time was such that most readers - and from all appearances I am tempted to say "all readers" - missed the implication: or worse - simply failed to understand what was being stated.
So let me put in very simple terms ...

1. To increase the strength of a muscle, you MUST increase its size.
2. Increasing the size of a muscle WILL increase its strength.
3. If all of the other factors are known and allowed for, then an accurate measurement of the size of a muscle will clearly and accurately indicate the strength of the muscle - and vice versa.
4. There IS a DEFINITE relationship between muscular strength and muscular size. Once the above points are clearly understood, the implications are obvious; (a) bodybuilders, who are primarily interested in muscular size (with or without actual muscular strength) MUST train for maximum-possible muscular strength in order to build maximum-possible muscular size - and (b) weightlifters, who are interested only in strength, MUST train for maximum-possible muscular size in order to build maximum-possible strength. Most readers will probably fail to understand the above points - at first; some readers will refuse to accept them even in the end - but they are NOT opinions, they are simple facts, even if (as happens to be the case) facts that have been overlooked or misunderstood by the very people who need to understand them the most. The reader is, of course, free to "believe" anything he cares to - but I will again point out that you cannot change physics, and I just as certainly did not discover them - and in many cases I do not even understand them; but I am, at least, aware of them."

-----------------
Obviously, Mr. Marinovich has not read Arthur Jones' work!
Open User Options Menu

sgb2112

http://www.bjpenn.com/...nds-mma-bonus-1

BJ Penn training & the marinovich bros explaining their system a bit.
Open User Options Menu

fbcoach

Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.


The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

sgb,
Marc explained it well; the basic premise here (larger muscles are slower) is oxymoronic unless the athlete is leveraging telekinetic technique or an externally powered exoskeleton; myos is movement.

Regarding use of an externally powered exoskeleton, larger solenoids (the magnetic coils that produce force) could produce more force and enable faster movement than smaller solenoids despite their greater size. Like biological muscle, stronger more powerful contractions (higher currents) would consume more of the substrate more quickly (likely a lithium-ion or lead-acid substrate) with the larger coils.


Open User Options Menu

Mr. Strong

fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.

The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.



Was this the only thing he did different? Also, placebo effect?
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.

The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.


OK - Then You Just Tribute it to a Couple of Complete Utter Morons, Not The Athlete Himself Who Skill Trained with a Different Attitude and Appetite - That Big Top Training Did Absolutely Nothing - Those Guys are Nothing Better Than Circus Clowns. If You Didn't Personally Follow Him Yourself Through His Entire Camp, Then It's Pure Speculation Period. Mud Training Would Have Been Better.

Open User Options Menu

fbcoach

Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.

The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.

OK - Then You Just Tribute it to a Couple of Complete Utter Morons, Not The Athlete Himself Who Skill Trained with a Different Attitude and Appetite - That Big Top Training Did Absolutely Nothing - Those Guys are Nothing Better Than Circus Clowns. If You Didn't Personally Follow Him Yourself Through His Entire Camp, Then It's Pure Speculation Period. Mud Training Would Have Been Better.



B.J. and his training camp are the ones that attributed his marked progress to Marinovich. Pure speculation? How so?? Because it doesn't fit into your little so-called paradigm of training?
Open User Options Menu

fbcoach

Mr. Strong wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.

The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.


Was this the only thing he did different? Also, placebo effect?


According to his blogs, videos, and public statements....yes.
Open User Options Menu

Landau

Florida, USA

fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.

The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.

OK - Then You Just Tribute it to a Couple of Complete Utter Morons, Not The Athlete Himself Who Skill Trained with a Different Attitude and Appetite - That Big Top Training Did Absolutely Nothing - Those Guys are Nothing Better Than Circus Clowns. If You Didn't Personally Follow Him Yourself Through His Entire Camp, Then It's Pure Speculation Period. Mud Training Would Have Been Better.



B.J. and his training camp are the ones that attributed his marked progress to Marinovich. Pure speculation? How so?? Because it doesn't fit into your little so-called paradigm of training?


No, Because I CAN SEE THE FORREST For The Sake of the Trees. Clues - 15 pound sack, adaptations thru exact skill training (MMA), attitude of said fighter, genetics of a guy whose nickname is the Prodigy, maturation of said fighter - NOT THE STUPID - IDIOTIC TRAINING!

Open User Options Menu

fbcoach

Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
Landau wrote:
fbcoach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

Not that I believe in all his philosophy in training, but you can't argue with the results. Most notably B.J. Penn. He looked much more defined, more muscle, and he has been known for gassing by the end of the second round., However, his cardio and appearance was relatively off the charts. I'm not sure if Marinovich's training is optimal for bodybuilding, but as far as functional strength goes, he is definitely doing something right.


Window Dressing - I Understand What the Objective is - The Training is Still Retarded - That Can Be Simply Seen at Face Value. You and I Could Get the Same Results, as Long as We Could Package What We do as "Some Relgion." Think of George Foreman for a Moment and Credit the "Exact Skill Guy Trainers," Maturation, Attitude, and Experience.

The point was that B.J., an exceptional and gifted athlete by any standards, had been training with weights along with skill training for decades. While under the tuteledge of Marinovich in a very short time-frame, showed marked improvement in physical appearance, functional strength, and stamina. B.J. himself, attributed this solely to Marinovich. You can cry steroids, BS, or any argument built from straw, but the fact is he, an elite athlete, made some drastic improvements.

OK - Then You Just Tribute it to a Couple of Complete Utter Morons, Not The Athlete Himself Who Skill Trained with a Different Attitude and Appetite - That Big Top Training Did Absolutely Nothing - Those Guys are Nothing Better Than Circus Clowns. If You Didn't Personally Follow Him Yourself Through His Entire Camp, Then It's Pure Speculation Period. Mud Training Would Have Been Better.



B.J. and his training camp are the ones that attributed his marked progress to Marinovich. Pure speculation? How so?? Because it doesn't fit into your little so-called paradigm of training?

No, Because I CAN SEE THE FORREST For The Sake of the Trees. Clues - 15 pound sack, adaptations thru exact skill training (MMA), attitude of said fighter, genetics of a guy whose nickname is the Prodigy, maturation of said fighter - NOT THE STUPID - IDIOTIC TRAINING!



The qualities of BJ Penn you pointed out is exactly what I stated. And with all things being equal (mindset, diet, genetics, etc.) the only change he mentioned WAS the TRAINING. Again, not that I would subscribe to all of Marinovich's training theories, but looking at the situation logically, and just as important..without bias, the only common demoninator and conclusion would be the training method.
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.


why the need to "bounce" off the joints? heavy methodical loads in training can't produce enough force in muscle, tendon, ligament to cause desired adaptation? i don't get it, i really don't get it??

Open User Options Menu

Waynes

Switzerland

southbeach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

why the need to "bounce" off the joints? heavy methodical loads in training can't produce enough force in muscle, tendon, ligament to cause desired adaptation? i don't get it, i really don't get it??



???

The peck forces from any of those movements would be far higher than any kind of slow movement, why should you say it not ???

Who would hurt you the most and his fist, the person punching you will full force, of the person punching you with very low force ???

I dont understand why some of you do not understand basic physics and every day life.

Wayne
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

Waynes wrote:
southbeach wrote:
sgb2112 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=CqKysjhHopA

Really outside the box..or cutting edge? Polumalu set all kinds of strength records at USC but has done a 180 now.

Marinovich also trained BJ Penn for his latest UFC fight and for the first time ever, BJ had cardio in spades.

why the need to "bounce" off the joints? heavy methodical loads in training can't produce enough force in muscle, tendon, ligament to cause desired adaptation? i don't get it, i really don't get it??



???

The peck forces from any of those movements would be far higher than any kind of slow movement, why should you say it not ???

Who would hurt you the most and his fist, the person punching you will full force, of the person punching you with very low force ???

I dont understand why some of you do not understand basic physics and every day life.

Wayne


the peak forces from bouncing any resistance is MUCH higher and unknown (uncontrollabe). so why do it? why bounce off an injured knee ligament, why not just add more weight and go slower?
Open User Options Menu

st3

BJ recently changed his attitude and started training seriously.

It seems the training worked, however could the same results have been met through safer methodology?

Steve

Open User Options Menu

Acerimmer1

cargo wrote:
That stuff is retarded, if any of that stuff had any merit,

Professional skateboarder Rodney Mullen would be the most "athletic athlete" in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/...h?v=bPYlM1VPP_Y


Liked the skateboard video, especially as it's a reminder to me that anything which requires 100% of concentration focuses the mind into a form of meditation. Impressive timing and motor skills.

Is the training in the 1st link effective for athletes? I don't really know the exact purpose or sport for the movements shown so I can't even guess specifically. Potentially however the principle of exercise specificity would theoretically validate an approach like this one.
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy