MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Post Your Pics!
First | Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

Hitit

So here goes nothin'.....no idea how this pic will turn out, so please forgive if it looks horrible.

If you can't tell, it's my left bicep.....lol.

If it works, I'll send a couple more.

Thanks
Open User Options Menu

Hitit

Here goes another one....the last pic made my forearm look quite small.

Must be the lighting....or maybe I forgot to flex it....haha.

Thanks, Brian
Open User Options Menu

Hitit

Since I gave up on SB, here's one more....

Go easy on me....lol. I'm 42 and my pics are "cold" as you say, I don't know how to pose, and obviously I'm NOT a Bodybuilder, never have been or will be. I just like to stay in shape.

And, I think bathroom pics a little creepy and if I take anymore pics I'll have to work on changing that! lol

Speaking of creepy......Mr.T can we NOT see anymore pics of your legs with your pants still around your ankles?! hahaha. Just teasing Buddy, nice job on the work done!

Thanks, B

Open User Options Menu

Hitit

Ok, this should be enough for you guys! Including Markhit (who made me do it! haha), Turpin, Scott and whom ever else I'm forgetting who's been soooo insistent!

Good grief...satisfied?! LOL

Thanks, B

Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

Hitit wrote:
Since I gave up on SB, here's one more....

Go easy on me....lol. I'm 42 and my pics are "cold" as you say, I don't know how to pose, and obviously I'm NOT a Bodybuilder, never have been or will be. I just like to stay in shape.

And, I think bathroom pics a little creepy and if I take anymore pics I'll have to work on changing that! lol

Speaking of creepy......Mr.T can we NOT see anymore pics of your legs with your pants still around your ankles?! hahaha. Just teasing Buddy, nice job on the work done!

Thanks, B



Well done! I agree with the posing...not easy. It's difficult to take pics of yourself as well. I, like you, am not a bodybuilder(obviously), but on a board like this you gain credibility when you post a pic. People seem more likely to respect what you have to say, and less likely to accuse you of being a keyboard-jockey-know-it-all. Lord knows theirs enough of them to go around.

Your bicep looks huge in that first pic!

Nate
Open User Options Menu

Hitit

Hey Nate, "Huge" is certainly a matter of perspective for sure....I'm not so sure that's accurate.....but thanks!
lol.

For sure about the "know-it-alls", I think I'm more one of the ask-it-alls....haha. I'm always the one asking for advise it seems!

Anyways, great job yourself, I think it actually takes a little bravery to throw a pic out there - lol.

Brian
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Hitit wrote:
Since I gave up on SB, here's one more....

Go easy on me....lol. I'm 42 and my pics are "cold" as you say, I don't know how to pose, and obviously I'm NOT a Bodybuilder, never have been or will be. I just like to stay in shape.

And, I think bathroom pics a little creepy and if I take anymore pics I'll have to work on changing that! lol

Speaking of creepy......Mr.T can we NOT see anymore pics of your legs with your pants still around your ankles?! hahaha. Just teasing Buddy, nice job on the work done!

Thanks, B



Great pics Brian , terrific mid-section , well done ...thankyou.
I agree it is difficult to take your own pic , I set the timer on the camera which I have pointed at a neutral background ( shower curtain ) it then gives me about 10 sec to get into position. much easier than holding the camera at arms length or pointing at the mirror.

`pants still around the ankles` LOL , sorry mate I didnt stop to think . Those pics are probably copied/pasted on a hundred porn sites now , with some gorgeous blonde photoshopped kneeling in front. ( I wish ! LOL ) ..... shit , they could photoshop anything kneeling/bending in front ! ..... well at least my pants are clean LOL.

Best wishes , T.



Open User Options Menu

SteveHIT

Turpin wrote:
Great delts Nate , thankyou for posting. ( always good to put a face to posts ... thankyou ) T.


T here's a face to put to my posts ;)

Nate & Hitit great Job well done!
Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

Speaking of Creepy...I need to make sure I don't pose while walking around in public...my eyes tend to give off a "serial killer" vibe. That's not what I'm going for, haha.

Nate
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

Hitit wrote:
So here goes nothin'.....no idea how this pic will turn out, so please forgive if it looks horrible.

If you can't tell, it's my left bicep.....lol.

If it works, I'll send a couple more.

Thanks



nice bicep Hitit!
Open User Options Menu

Hitit

southbeach wrote:
Hitit wrote:
So here goes nothin'.....no idea how this pic will turn out, so please forgive if it looks horrible.

If you can't tell, it's my left bicep.....lol.

If it works, I'll send a couple more.

Thanks


nice bicep Hitit!

Wow! SB thanks! A compliment from you is pretty rare it seems.

I appreciate any positive remarks, they do keep me inspired.

And, I want to applaud everyone for posting pics, it's not so bad and there are for sure guys who are accomplished at their training (I would name you all, but I think you know who you are). I didn't feel I had any rights to post comments on this thread before until I posted pics so now I can say that!

Speaking of pics......Southbeach? Southbeach? Bueller? Bueller? Echo? Echo?

Oh well....lol.

Brian


Open User Options Menu

Hitit

natemason5 wrote:
Speaking of Creepy...I need to make sure I don't pose while walking around in public...my eyes tend to give off a "serial killer" vibe. That's not what I'm going for, haha.

Nate


Just wear sunglasses! B-)

And don't forget to swing your arms a little so it's not so obvious....lol.
Open User Options Menu

dhitquinn

Make sure when your posing that you look at your arms as you bring them up and hit the double bicep and shout 'BOOM check out this hunka man' somein like that
Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

Hitit wrote:
natemason5 wrote:
Speaking of Creepy...I need to make sure I don't pose while walking around in public...my eyes tend to give off a "serial killer" vibe. That's not what I'm going for, haha.

Nate

Just wear sunglasses! B-)

And don't forget to swing your arms a little so it's not so obvious....lol.


Ah yes! The "I'm so huge my arms can't even relax" look. Hard to pull off when you're 5'8" 175lbs.

Speaking of which...I here these claims in a lot of articles where a guy who was 150lbs turned into a 245lb man in a couple of years. Are these guys 6'4" to begin with? Because there is no way I'll ever be 245lbs, not that I'd want to. Has anyone actually seen somebody gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years?

Nate
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

natemason5 wrote:
Hitit wrote:
natemason5 wrote:
Speaking of Creepy...I need to make sure I don't pose while walking around in public...my eyes tend to give off a "serial killer" vibe. That's not what I'm going for, haha.

Nate

Just wear sunglasses! B-)

And don't forget to swing your arms a little so it's not so obvious....lol.

Ah yes! The "I'm so huge my arms can't even relax" look. Hard to pull off when you're 5'8" 175lbs.

Speaking of which...I here these claims in a lot of articles where a guy who was 150lbs turned into a 245lb man in a couple of years. Are these guys 6'4" to begin with? Because there is no way I'll ever be 245lbs, not that I'd want to. Has anyone actually seen somebody gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years?

Nate


never.

the thing that's gets me is the easy gainers get results on any program or combination of volume, intensity, poor form etc so they [mistakenly] assume that VOLUME must be the key. because VOLUME is the easiest part of the triumvirate that is EASILY varied.

HARD GAINERS are for the rest of the population (90%). INTENSITY key for us not volume.
Open User Options Menu

SteveHIT

natemason5 wrote:
Ah yes! The "I'm so huge my arms can't even relax" look. Hard to pull off when you're 5'8" 175lbs.

Speaking of which...I here these claims in a lot of articles where a guy who was 150lbs turned into a 245lb man in a couple of years. Are these guys 6'4" to begin with? Because there is no way I'll ever be 245lbs, not that I'd want to. Has anyone actually seen somebody gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years?

Nate


It'll never be 100% muscle.

Peary rader gained 80lbs in a year

http://en.wikipedia.org/...iki/Peary_Rader
Open User Options Menu

jn6047

It took me 9 years. I started at 19 at 150lb and 5'10", now I'm 29 at 245lbs and 5'10". The 2nd and 3rd years were wasted effort, as were a couple of years a little while ago because of health issues. So, you could either say I've average about 10lbs a year, or 15 depending on the way you look at it.

jn6047




natemason5 wrote:
Hitit wrote:
natemason5 wrote:
Speaking of Creepy...I need to make sure I don't pose while walking around in public...my eyes tend to give off a "serial killer" vibe. That's not what I'm going for, haha.

Nate

Just wear sunglasses! B-)

And don't forget to swing your arms a little so it's not so obvious....lol.

Ah yes! The "I'm so huge my arms can't even relax" look. Hard to pull off when you're 5'8" 175lbs.

Speaking of which...I here these claims in a lot of articles where a guy who was 150lbs turned into a 245lb man in a couple of years. Are these guys 6'4" to begin with? Because there is no way I'll ever be 245lbs, not that I'd want to. Has anyone actually seen somebody gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years?

Nate


Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

jn6047 wrote:
It took me 9 years. I started at 19 at 150lb and 5'10", now I'm 29 at 245lbs and 5'10". The 2nd and 3rd years were wasted effort, as were a couple of years a little while ago because of health issues. So, you could either say I've average about 10lbs a year, or 15 depending on the way you look at it.

jn6047

Wow! I'm glad to hear the claims aren't BS. That's some serious gains! Are you planning on getting any bigger?

Nate
Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

jn6047 wrote:
It took me 9 years. I started at 19 at 150lb and 5'10", now I'm 29 at 245lbs and 5'10". The 2nd and 3rd years were wasted effort, as were a couple of years a little while ago because of health issues. So, you could either say I've average about 10lbs a year, or 15 depending on the way you look at it.

jn6047


Any chance of before/after pic? That's quite the transformation.

Nate
Open User Options Menu

hdlifter

ddhitquinn wrote:
Make sure when your posing that you look at your arms as you bring them up and hit the double bicep and shout 'BOOM check out this hunka man' somein like that


BHAHAHAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY!!!
Open User Options Menu

jn6047

I will get some posted here soon in this thread. Also, yes, I want to reach 260lbs, hold that weight for a few months, and then diet down for a bodybuilding show when I am 30. I have been having trouble gaining weight because the food required is tough for me to choke down. I've never been a big eater and it's taken me years to train myself how to eat for size gains.

natemason5 wrote:
jn6047 wrote:
It took me 9 years. I started at 19 at 150lb and 5'10", now I'm 29 at 245lbs and 5'10". The 2nd and 3rd years were wasted effort, as were a couple of years a little while ago because of health issues. So, you could either say I've average about 10lbs a year, or 15 depending on the way you look at it.

jn6047

Any chance of before/after pic? That's quite the transformation.

Nate


Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

Steve,
Liked the Peary Rader link! Those are some tremendous gains; have trouble believing he started out at nearly 6 feet and 130 lbs though unless he was severely emaciated.

jn6047,
Fantastic gain! You've put on nearly 100 lbs. I've had the same goal for some time.
When I entered college I had lost the muscle I had gained from gymnastics and was down to 137 lbs at 5'8.5; after 4 years I weighed 183 (46 lb gain). Was 207 lbs 5 years later, by the time I was 29 but did not gain consistently; I've only gained another 5 lbs in the past 10 years since then (total - 75 lb gain) as life gets in the way and like you, I find consistently eating enough food to support continued gains is the hardest thing to do. And, it only gets harder and harder the more you gain.
If I could stay focused and consistent for few years I think I could put another 25 lbs on; it'll probably take longer than that but I think the reason most people who gain a lot of muscle stop making gains isn't genetics but rather they've simply reached a level wherein they can no longer supply the required discipline to continue.

Some tips on easy extra calories that may help (Nate, take note); I eat 3 tablespoons of codliver oil after each meal (about 1100 calories) and a pint of haggendaz before bed. Also use at least 1/2 stick of butter with breakfast. Most of my extra calories are from fat; it's the easiest macro nutrient to consume because it tastes good and is the most calorically dense.
Open User Options Menu

SteveHIT

Tomislav wrote:
Steve,
Liked the Peary Rader link! Those are some tremendous gains; have trouble believing he started out at nearly 6 feet and 130 lbs though unless he was severely emaciated.


He was so weak he couldnt even hold down a job for very long.
Open User Options Menu

natemason5

Ontario, CAN

Tomislav wrote:

Some tips on easy extra calories that may help (Nate, take note); I eat 3 tablespoons of codliver oil after each meal (about 1100 calories) and a pint of haggendaz before bed. Also use at least 1/2 stick of butter with breakfast. Most of my extra calories are from fat; it's the easiest macro nutrient to consume because it tastes good and is the most calorically dense.


Great gains Tomislav. Though I can honestly say I could not eat the way you suggest(with the exception of some fish oil). Please remember, my goal is to hit 180lbs (small goals) but I need to keep my diet healthy. Clearly though, I need to eat more to get bigger!

Nate
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

Tomislav wrote:

Some tips on easy extra calories that may help (Nate, take note); I eat 3 tablespoons of codliver oil after each meal (about 1100 calories) and a pint of haggendaz before bed. Also use at least 1/2 stick of butter with breakfast. Most of my extra calories are from fat; it's the easiest macro nutrient to consume because it tastes good and is the most calorically dense.


Are you going to post some photos? Of you, not the butter, ice-cream etc? It's always nice to see meaningful photos of other members.
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last
Administrators Online: Mod Phoenix
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy