MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Changing Your Life to Live to 100?
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

southbeach

http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?
Open User Options Menu

dhitquinn

southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?


Ive got to be honest the thought of living another 72 years is very unappealing. Working all your life till your bodies past it so a bunch of idol twats dont have to! Im not going to give them the satisfaction!
Open User Options Menu

dhitquinn

southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?


Ive got to be honest the thought of living another 72 years is very unappealing. Working all your life till your bodies past it so a bunch of idol twats dont have to! Im not going to give them the satisfaction!
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

dd, what does this mean:

"Working all your life till your bodies past it so a bunch of idol twats dont have to!"

? Not getting the import of your message here.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?


==Scott==
Yes, you know what my answer is but have you ever lived with a person who lived to near 100? I have. They are pretty miserable. They ate very healthy but in the end it was their genetics that failed them,not their diet. I know of an old guy in the neighborhood who is 98 and he's still smart as a whip and walks around on his own and lives ok. He doesn't watch his diet or any of that. He just has good genetics.
I think if you changed the question to..if you could live as you do now until you were 100 would you then change your diet then I would say yes.
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?

==Scott==
Yes, you know what my answer is but have you ever lived with a person who lived to near 100? I have. They are pretty miserable. They ate very healthy but in the end it was their genetics that failed them,not their diet. I know of an old guy in the neighborhood who is 98 and he's still smart as a whip and walks around on his own and lives ok. He doesn't watch his diet or any of that. He just has good genetics.
I think if you changed the question to..if you could live as you do now until you were 100 would you then change your diet then I would say yes.


heart disease is #1 killer, yet you still claim that genetics trumps lifestyle? c'mon man, wise up!
Open User Options Menu

Just

Florida, USA

southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.


What's your thoughts about this?


I'm more concerned with eternity. 100 years is for amateur's. Unsaved that is!
John 14:6
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

DLTM wrote:
southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.


What's your thoughts about this?

I'm more concerned with eternity. 100 years is for amateur's. Unsaved that is!
John 14:6


you have to get to 100 first.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

southbeach wrote:
entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?

==Scott==
Yes, you know what my answer is but have you ever lived with a person who lived to near 100? I have. They are pretty miserable. They ate very healthy but in the end it was their genetics that failed them,not their diet. I know of an old guy in the neighborhood who is 98 and he's still smart as a whip and walks around on his own and lives ok. He doesn't watch his diet or any of that. He just has good genetics.
I think if you changed the question to..if you could live as you do now until you were 100 would you then change your diet then I would say yes.

heart disease is #1 killer, yet you still claim that genetics trumps lifestyle? c'mon man, wise up!


==Scott==
No, I say it's a mix if healthy eating and taking care of yourself and genetics. What I don't believe is the notion that to live to be 100 you have to be a health nut and eat only fruits and berries. You are an extremest who thinks in all or nothing terms. I am around senior centers quite a bit and I have learned that it isn't just diet that give the old ones an advantage in living longer, it's a combination of everything. Having been a health nut many years ago I came to know quite a few and I can tell you that they are not going to live any longer than the rest of us. If fact they limit their diet so much like you do that they are actually much more unhealthy than they'd like to admit.
Open User Options Menu

db144

What a shock SB and another thread of bullshit. Show us what a healthy person looks like SB post a picture if you are proud of your health and fitness, otherwise you're a lying sack of shit. There is NO way you are going to live to 100. God won't let a douche bag like you live that long irritating people.

d
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

db144 wrote:
What a shock SB and another thread of bullshit. Show us what a healthy person looks like SB post a picture if you are proud of your health and fitness, otherwise you're a lying sack of shit. There is NO way you are going to live to 100. God won't let a douche bag like you live that long irritating people.

d


==Scott==
Yea Southbeach, if you're such a woman magnet as you say why are you so embarrassed to post a picture of yourself?? I still think he's that guy flitting around in that garden video someone found a while back.
Open User Options Menu

dhitquinn

entsminger wrote:
db144 wrote:
What a shock SB and another thread of bullshit. Show us what a healthy person looks like SB post a picture if you are proud of your health and fitness, otherwise you're a lying sack of shit. There is NO way you are going to live to 100. God won't let a douche bag like you live that long irritating people.

d

==Scott==
Yea Southbeach, if you're such a woman magnet as you say why are you so embarrassed to post a picture of yourself?? I still think he's that guy flitting around in that garden video someone found a while back.


Woman magnet!!!

Is this a joke Scott?

Shopping trips and going to get your nails done doesnt count!
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

==Scott==
I'm sure he took it off but if not certainly someone on here could locate that video that Southbeach posted of himself a while back of him dancing around in his garden??
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

ddhitquinn wrote:
entsminger wrote:
db144 wrote:
What a shock SB and another thread of bullshit. Show us what a healthy person looks like SB post a picture if you are proud of your health and fitness, otherwise you're a lying sack of shit. There is NO way you are going to live to 100. God won't let a douche bag like you live that long irritating people.

d

==Scott==
Yea Southbeach, if you're such a woman magnet as you say why are you so embarrassed to post a picture of yourself?? I still think he's that guy flitting around in that garden video someone found a while back.

Woman magnet!!!

Is this a joke Scott?

Shopping trips and going to get your nails done doesnt count!


==Scott==
No joke, he said that in a recent post.
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?

==Scott==
Yes, you know what my answer is but have you ever lived with a person who lived to near 100? I have. They are pretty miserable. They ate very healthy but in the end it was their genetics that failed them,not their diet. I know of an old guy in the neighborhood who is 98 and he's still smart as a whip and walks around on his own and lives ok. He doesn't watch his diet or any of that. He just has good genetics.
I think if you changed the question to..if you could live as you do now until you were 100 would you then change your diet then I would say yes.

heart disease is #1 killer, yet you still claim that genetics trumps lifestyle? c'mon man, wise up!

==Scott==
If fact they limit their diet so much like you do that they are actually much more unhealthy than they'd like to admit.



what the heck does this even mean??

lol, scott have another cheeseburger and large fries, live a little haha
Open User Options Menu

Not Sure

What I want to know is what is the best bodycomp to have at 55 to live to 100.

There is remarkably little solid data out there.

Certainly one can't let muscle atrophy away to nothing but I very much doubt that heavy eating to build as much muscle as possible is the answer either.

Open User Options Menu

southbeach

entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?

==Scott==
Yes, you know what my answer is but have you ever lived with a person who lived to near 100? I have. They are pretty miserable. They ate very healthy but in the end it was their genetics that failed them,not their diet. I know of an old guy in the neighborhood who is 98 and he's still smart as a whip and walks around on his own and lives ok. He doesn't watch his diet or any of that. He just has good genetics.
I think if you changed the question to..if you could live as you do now until you were 100 would you then change your diet then I would say yes.

heart disease is #1 killer, yet you still claim that genetics trumps lifestyle? c'mon man, wise up!

==Scott==
No, I say it's a mix if healthy eating and taking care of yourself and genetics. What I don't believe is the notion that to live to be 100 you have to be a health nut and eat only fruits and berries. You are an extremest who thinks in all or nothing terms. I am around senior centers quite a bit and I have learned that it isn't just diet that give the old ones an advantage in living longer, it's a combination of everything. Having been a health nut many years ago I came to know quite a few and I can tell you that they are not going to live any longer than the rest of us. If fact they limit their diet so much like you do that they are actually much more unhealthy than they'd like to admit.


do you think that maybe take genetic longevity and don't hurt yourself with poor food choice might live..5, 10 yrs longer?

every BITE of unhealthy food eaten takes a BITE out of YOU.

the damage is CUMULATIVE. do you think it's random chance that any one person dies? huh,
Open User Options Menu

Acerimmer1

southbeach wrote:
dd, what does this mean:

"Working all your life till your bodies past it so a bunch of idol twats dont have to!"

? Not getting the import of your message here.


It's a political statement SB. He's derailing your thread with statements that are clearly off-topic.
Open User Options Menu

db144

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi no coke....

Open User Options Menu

Acerimmer1

southbeach wrote:
entsminger wrote:
southbeach wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/...ld-live-to-100/

i know Scotties answer, what's yours?

i voted other because i don't think the healthy benefits of vegetables were properly addressed in any of the other choices.

This shows that two thirds of the
population really cannot be bothered to
make any effort to preserve their
health.

And, of course, the reason health
insurance premiums are as high as they
are can largely be attributed to this
kind of mindset.

What's your thoughts about this?

==Scott==
Yes, you know what my answer is but have you ever lived with a person who lived to near 100? I have. They are pretty miserable. They ate very healthy but in the end it was their genetics that failed them,not their diet. I know of an old guy in the neighborhood who is 98 and he's still smart as a whip and walks around on his own and lives ok. He doesn't watch his diet or any of that. He just has good genetics.
I think if you changed the question to..if you could live as you do now until you were 100 would you then change your diet then I would say yes.

heart disease is #1 killer, yet you still claim that genetics trumps lifestyle? c'mon man, wise up!


People write off environmental factors. But they shouldn't do. So don't count on your relatives good luck being based on genetics.

Smokers in the UK for example will find themselves hugely more or less prone to die of lung cancer and heart decease depending on the naturally occurring radon levels in the soil under their houses.

These levels are not really an issue for non-smokers but are a serious risk for smokers. The council will even pay for thousands of pounds worth of modifications to your house if you smoke and have moderately high levels of radon in your house. And these levels are actually pretty common.
Open User Options Menu

dhitquinn

db144 wrote:
Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi no coke....



Damn your making me hungry!

Make mine double cheeseburger times 3 and il have a water and lemonto wash ot down ;)
Open User Options Menu

db144

Then we can all go over to SB's garden and fertilize it....

;)

d
Open User Options Menu

jroach

ddhitquinn wrote:
db144 wrote:
Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi no coke....



Damn your making me hungry!

Make mine double cheeseburger times 3 and il have a water and lemonto wash ot down ;)


What a question - 100 years only tells you the amount of years you have lived.
I'm concerned with how much living I'm doing with those years.

Better question - would you rather be SouthBeach to 100 or a filthy rockstar to 55?

Better yet, how many years of SB's life would you trade for one of yours?
Open User Options Menu

db144

Spot on JRoach. To spend all one's time lecturing on the same subjects repeatedly, attending vegan fantasy camp, going daily to market for fresh vegetables, and running nearly everyday of the week doesn't leave much time for life. Even if SB lives to 100 which is very unlikely, he is going to be a lonely, bitter, old man that everybody in the neighborhood avoids.

d
Open User Options Menu

dhitquinn

jroach wrote:
ddhitquinn wrote:
db144 wrote:
Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi no coke....



Damn your making me hungry!

Make mine double cheeseburger times 3 and il have a water and lemonto wash ot down ;)

What a question - 100 years only tells you the amount of years you have lived.
I'm concerned with how much living I'm doing with those years.

Better question - would you rather be SouthBeach to 100 or a filthy rockstar to 55?

Better yet, how many years of SB's life would you trade for one of yours?


Prostate massage actually has been linked to cancer and hes a big fan!
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy