MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
High Intensity Nation + New Gym
Author
Rating
Options

Michael Petrella

Ontario, CAN

Just this past weekend I did an interview with Dave Durell at High Intensity Nation.

I was able to cover a great deal more information in the interview then I am able to convey in typical written posts.

Along with my interview I encourage everyone to search through his website and listen to his other monthly HIT interviews. The website is an amazing resource for the HIT community.

Also with the interview I have launched a virtual gym tour of my new facility. The youtube video can be found along with the interview on the website posted above.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Michael
Open User Options Menu

dhartnet

New Hampshire, USA

Love the gym and tour...
Very nice !


~Dave
Open User Options Menu

FortCollinsFan

Awesome Gym!

All the Best!
Open User Options Menu

Michael Petrella

Ontario, CAN

I will try to post the youtube video of the gym walk-thru so everyone can see it.

Michael
Open User Options Menu

chasbari

Ohio, USA

Nice interview Michael. You are so right about the other interviews. The one with Joe Mullen is priceless. Tons of good stuff to explore there.
CS
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Nice interview.

I too am fond of the deadlift.

Don't know why....really.

I use the sumo-style form in the deadlift....as I can get my hips really low and use the power of my hips and thighs better. I also use a Bob Peoples grip.

I'm after a 500 pound lift.

I like your comments on your open-mindedness of all types of training.
Open User Options Menu

TOM C

Michael,

Incredible gym! I would love to get out there some day.

Have your retrofitted the Nautilus machines'bushings with bearings? If yes, what improvement did that make on the 4 way neck as in theory it should have been a great machine but never felt right to me (too sticky, cam way off).

Regards - Tom C
Open User Options Menu

Michael Petrella

Ontario, CAN

marcrph wrote:
Nice interview.

I too am fond of the deadlift.

Don't know why....really.

I use the sumo-style form in the deadlift....as I can get my hips really low and use the power of my hips and thighs better. I also use a Bob Peoples grip.

I'm after a 500 pound lift.

I like your comments on your open-mindedness of all types of training.


I wish you luck with your 500 pound lift. We all need to be open minded, espcially when people can show video, pictures case studies, etc of real world results.

Michael
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Michael Petrella wrote:
marcrph wrote:
Nice interview.

I too am fond of the deadlift.

Don't know why....really.

I use the sumo-style form in the deadlift....as I can get my hips really low and use the power of my hips and thighs better. I also use a Bob Peoples grip.

I'm after a 500 pound lift.

I like your comments on your open-mindedness of all types of training.

I wish you luck with your 500 pound lift. We all need to be open minded, espcially when people can show video, pictures case studies, etc of real world results.

Michael


Yeah....Thanks.....being on the far side of 50....500 is going to be a tremendous achievement.
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Marc a 500 lb deadlift is/would be a very achievable target for most healthy trainee`s IF they trained correctly in order to realise increase in the lift itself.

However most trainees see the deadlift simply as an exercise tagged onto their bodybuilding routine ( usually incorporated in their back programme ) and never get the true benefit that could be derived from training the movement in order to get stronger , which would also realise significant increase in the involved musculature.

Good luck in your endeavour , T.
Open User Options Menu

Ray200

Nice to read of someone doing sumo deadlifts. They always seem to be denigrated due to their emphasis on the glutes (i.e., they'll build a big backside), or criticised equally for not being a real deadlift due to the 'shortened range of motion'.

I'm hoping to hit 500lbs for reps within 2 months. Good luck with your progress.
Great youtube video and interview too. Thanks for posting.

Best,
Ray
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

What's wrong with a "backside" on a 50 year-old plus man?LOL
Open User Options Menu

Ray200

marcrph wrote:
What's wrong with a "backside" on a 50 year-old plus man?LOL



Try living in Scotland, it'd put you off sumo deadlifts and food for life. Our main claim to fame now is obesity. I feel suitably proud; it brings a tear to the eye ...
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

marcrph wrote:
What's wrong with a "backside" on a 50 year-old plus man?LOL


Ray200 wrote:
Try living in Scotland, it'd put you off sumo deadlifts and food for life. Our main claim to fame now is obesity. I feel suitably proud; it brings a tear to the eye ...


I wish my food went to my backside. Unfortunately, it all piles-up on the frontside!
Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

Always seems that way for men, opposite for women.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

HeavyHitter32 wrote:
Always seems that way for men, opposite for women.


Guys,

Women look as much or more so than men.
A clear sign of aging in men is a FLAT backside....and such is not very attractive to the opposite gender. I'm not talking about a fat wallet either....although some would argue that helps.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

sumo deadlift style I like:

http://www.youtube.com/...feature=related
Open User Options Menu

RManLCS

Great interview Michael. I like the fact that you are integrating different approaches in your outstanding gym. Wish there was something like that around here.
Open User Options Menu

Michael Petrella

Ontario, CAN

RManLCS wrote:
Great interview Michael. I like the fact that you are integrating different approaches in your outstanding gym. Wish there was something like that around here.


Thank you very much. If you are ever in my area, please stop by.

Michael
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

Hi Michael

Congratulations on a fine achievement.
Wishing you all the very best for 2012.
Open User Options Menu
Administrators Online: Mod Phoenix
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy