MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Save Your Breath BDJ Already Said It
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Just a warning to those now bringing back up the Skill verses Real Strength, muscle targeting, supposed CNS burnout blah, blah, blah.

Like I think I mentioned to Josh when first discussing the advances of RenX - when you go online with new you will be attacked, stalked and outright ridiculed.

The issue of systemic verses localized recovery was a huge focus of JReps/Zone Training but we got virtually nowhere trying to describe our thoughts on the issue. What was felt for decades amongst bodybuilders was not understood by a large part of the H.I.T. community.

We understood that HITters needed to 'understand' not feel so we attempted to bridge the gap as we flushed out a brilliant method to make it happen for the individual. It was very poorly received and I think it was a nail in the coffin to Johnston stepping down and giving IART control to Mike Lipowski.

I passed on the duty in large part because of how I saw the H.I.T. community react to something new. I wasn?t keen on answering hundreds of hate emails.

Brian and I tired for hundreds of pages and in hundreds of posts to share and explain but the reaction was disgusting and I have been ashamed of much of the H.I.T. community since. So to those who want to try and fully explain it and defend it I say...save your breath.

The really sad part is I think some of the things Brian and I have moved on to since (especially BDJ's 'Tri Angular Training' principles?I know good and bad name lol) are gems. Brian put me through 4 tri angular sets (MedX Leg Press, MedX Chest Press, MedX Arm Curl & MedX Leg Curl) recently and I was done...I mean done diddly fing done!

When you have such an attentive keen eyed trainer apply such techniques the results are incredible. Moreover, they are so brief and intense it is surely a huge step forward in H.I.T.

Anyway I say just tell the naysayers to find out for themselves or miss the boat. You can lead that horse to water but you can?t make em drink...why bother wasting time and energy beating that horse?

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Turpin wrote:
Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.


Case in point...instantly and I mean instantly a troll emerges...sick.
Open User Options Menu

gmlongo

Connecticut, USA

Turpin wrote:
Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.


Once again Turpin proving the OP's point...without even being smart enough to realize it.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

For the record the troll actually makes my point for me. If you saw the pics he stalked me with compared to a couple years later you can see how the approach worked...even with someone with very poor genetics for bodybuilding (without drugs ;n)

The pic here is actually a few years back and I have slowly but continually grown since. Brian and I thought that gains made by someone so below average for bodybuilding would be excellent proof...not. Naysayers don't want proof they don't want what they think they know to be challenged...its disgusting.

That's me a couple years back far right (Mike Lipowski center). You can see I now fit fine into my catagory. I had the balls to compete even smaller at first to show the progression (which has been slow but continuous) and I was met with hate.
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

AShortt wrote:
Turpin wrote:
Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.

Case in point...instantly and I mean instantly a troll emerges...sick.


lol `Case in point` , one ( or two ) has to immediately jump on the defensive in hope to substantiate their position.

Results substantiate , nothing else does.

T.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Turpin wrote:
AShortt wrote:
Turpin wrote:
Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.

Case in point...instantly and I mean instantly a troll emerges...sick.

lol `Case in point` , one ( or two ) has to immediately jump on the defensive in hope to substantiate their position.

Results substantiate , nothing else does.

T.


Look at the pic dummy, even without my chest up and clearly the leanest, I fit in fine. You didn't realize any of this when you stalked my old pics. You didn't know who I was or what I was capable of. Now you expose yourself for the fool everyone knows you are.

Do your homework next time troll. When my new pics come out it will be seen that again I have slowly grown and the issues I, Brian and Josh discuss are important. Do your homework next time and you won't end up with the amount of egg on your face you are now trying to scrape off.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Turpin wrote:
AShortt wrote:
Turpin wrote:
Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.

Case in point...instantly and I mean instantly a troll emerges...sick.

lol `Case in point` , one ( or two ) has to immediately jump on the defensive in hope to substantiate their position.

Results substantiate , nothing else does.

T.


==Scott==
So I guess Authur Jones didn't know what he was talking about because he didn't sport 21 inch arms??
Open User Options Menu

Dan Davidson

Connecticut, USA

AShortt wrote:
Just a warning to those now bringing back up the Skill verses Real Strength, muscle targeting, supposed CNS burnout blah, blah, blah.

Like I think I mentioned to Josh when first discussing the advances of RenX - when you go online with new you will be attacked, stalked and outright ridiculed.

The issue of systemic verses localized recovery was a huge focus of JReps/Zone Training but we got virtually nowhere trying to describe our thoughts on the issue. What was felt for decades amongst bodybuilders was not understood by a large part of the H.I.T. community.

We understood that HITters needed to 'understand' not feel so we attempted to bridge the gap as we flushed out a brilliant method to make it happen for the individual. It was very poorly received and I think it was a nail in the coffin to Johnston stepping down and giving IART control to Mike Lipowski.

I passed on the duty in large part because of how I saw the H.I.T. community react to something new. I wasn?t keen on answering hundreds of hate emails.

Brian and I tired for hundreds of pages and in hundreds of posts to share and explain but the reaction was disgusting and I have been ashamed of much of the H.I.T. community since. So to those who want to try and fully explain it and defend it I say...save your breath.

The really sad part is I think some of the things Brian and I have moved on to since (especially BDJ's 'Tri Angular Training' principles?I know good and bad name lol) are gems. Brian put me through 4 tri angular sets (MedX Leg Press, MedX Chest Press, MedX Arm Curl & MedX Leg Curl) recently and I was done...I mean done diddly fing done!

When you have such an attentive keen eyed trainer apply such techniques the results are incredible. Moreover, they are so brief and intense it is surely a huge step forward in H.I.T.

Anyway I say just tell the naysayers to find out for themselves or miss the boat. You can lead that horse to water but you can?t make em drink...why bother wasting time and energy beating that horse?

Regards,
Andrew


Andrew, are you really going to start flogging 21's again? Anyone that's been in the game tried it years ago and discarded it. It was good for a pump once in a while. Let's go by Arthur's old adage, ignore, ridicule, attack, copy, steal.

You got 21's/jreps all the way up to attack before it went back to ignore. Good to have you back though. My advise for what it's worth is go back and re-read all of Arthur's stuff starting with Bulletin 1. At 54 I think I've finally exorcised all the Weider principles from my phyche and am doing full body workouts, about 9 or 10 machines balls to the wall failure once a week and a miscellaneous workout i.e. neck, traps, abs, low back, calves and forearms also once during that week.

In speaking to the true Arthur aficionados I don't need that misc. workout. We'll see. However, I'm making better progress now than I was on split routines done more often.
Open User Options Menu

db144

With so many prophets on this forum its hard to decided which Kool-Aid to drink.

d
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Dan Davidson wrote:

Andrew, are you really going to start flogging 21's again? Anyone that's been in the game tried it years ago and discarded it. It was good for a pump once in a while. Let's go by Arthur's old adage, ignore, ridicule, attack, copy, steal.

You got 21's/jreps all the way up to attack before it went back to ignore. Good to have you back though. My advise for what it's worth is go back and re-read all of Arthur's stuff starting with Bulletin 1. At 54 I think I've finally exorcised all the Weider principles from my phyche and am doing full body workouts, about 9 or 10 machines balls to the wall failure once a week and a miscellaneous workout i.e. neck, traps, abs, low back, calves and forearms also once during that week.

In speaking to the true Arthur aficionados I don't need that misc. workout. We'll see. However, I'm making better progress now than I was on split routines done more often.


There ya go 21's...dummy. I'm not flogging anything do you even know how to read?
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

db144 wrote:
With so many prophets on this forum its hard to decided which Kool-Aid to drink.

d


And another nameless faceless nothing chimes in...negatively.
Open User Options Menu

jn6047

Let me see if I get this straight.

If I want to be taken seriously around here all I have to do is write a book about my theories, toss some latin words on the cover, try to write/speak like I'm talking at you and not too you, and post a few pictures of myself? Then everything I say will be right, because I have the book and pictures to prove it?

Oh, wait, I forgot, I have, comparitevly speaking, a large amount of muscle, so no matter what I say it won't matter because geneticaly I'm an easy gainer and I have grown in spite of my efforts.

Well, back to the drawing board. I should maybe start developing a new form of equipment. Maybe that will work.

jn6047
Open User Options Menu

db144

LOL, Andrew. Like all the other trainers because of your ego you think your "revelation" deserves a book (even though that subject has already been discussed to death but what the hell) and the thought of extra income tickles your bikini pouch too.

As I said before next time your here the the US for a competition let me know, if I can I'll visit and introduce myself.

d
Open User Options Menu

Dan Davidson

Connecticut, USA

AShortt wrote:
Dan Davidson wrote:

Andrew, are you really going to start flogging 21's again? Anyone that's been in the game tried it years ago and discarded it. It was good for a pump once in a while. Let's go by Arthur's old adage, ignore, ridicule, attack, copy, steal.

You got 21's/jreps all the way up to attack before it went back to ignore. Good to have you back though. My advise for what it's worth is go back and re-read all of Arthur's stuff starting with Bulletin 1. At 54 I think I've finally exorcised all the Weider principles from my phyche and am doing full body workouts, about 9 or 10 machines balls to the wall failure once a week and a miscellaneous workout i.e. neck, traps, abs, low back, calves and forearms also once during that week.

In speaking to the true Arthur aficionados I don't need that misc. workout. We'll see. However, I'm making better progress now than I was on split routines done more often.

There ya go 21's...dummy. I'm not flogging anything do you even know how to read?


You want to call me a dummy? What a shameless douche-bag you are. To be honest with you dickhead I didn't waste my time reading your worthless drivel. Why bother? It's all you talked about years ago, post after post after post. It was like you discovered the wheel for the first time. Who's the naive dummy! All I had to see was that worthless book on the screen to know what was coming. Couldn't you make it any bigger?
Open User Options Menu

db144

Congratulations JN you've figured out the system ;) and of course don't forget anybody that disagrees is ignorant or worse. I wonder if many of these a-holes would have a better disposition on steroids. Perhaps something to investigate? Would anybody like to co-author a book with me on how steroids affects affability?

d
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

jn6047 wrote:
Let me see if I get this straight.

If I want to be taken seriously around here all I have to do is write a book about my theories, toss some latin words on the cover, try to write/speak like I'm talking at you and not too you, and post a few pictures of myself? Then everything I say will be right, because I have the book and pictures to prove it?

Oh, wait, I forgot, I have, comparitevly speaking, a large amount of muscle, so no matter what I say it won't matter because geneticaly I'm an easy gainer and I have grown in spite of my efforts.

Well, back to the drawing board. I should maybe start developing a new form of equipment. Maybe that will work.

jn6047


And another nameless troll and a 'Latin' comment to boot...dumb as dumb gets.
Open User Options Menu

db144

Shortt:

Grow up and learn to control your ego. I know you're a legend in your own mind but please don't tell us how great you are its a sad display. If you truly had something to offer others wouldn't be so harsh on you. Go back to sucking up on the RenEx thread, that is your best use.

d
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

db144 wrote:
LOL, Andrew. Like all the other trainers because of your ego you think your "revelation" deserves a book (even though that subject has already been discussed to death but what the hell) and the thought of extra income tickles your bikini pouch too.

As I said before next time your here the the US for a competition let me know, if I can I'll visit and introduce myself.

d


Writing pays about a dollar an hour idiot.

Sure you'll meet me...sure.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

db144 wrote:
Congratulations JN you've figured out the system ;) and of course don't forget anybody that disagrees is ignorant or worse. I wonder if many of these a-holes would have a better disposition on steroids. Perhaps something to investigate? Would anybody like to co-author a book with me on how steroids affects affability?

d


Mention steroids in the thread anonymous troll using multiple log in's.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Dan Davidson wrote:
In speaking to the true Arthur aficionados I don't need that misc. workout. We'll see. However, I'm making better progress now than I was on split routines done more often.


That's right I should be following...to a 'T'... methods from 40 years ago and not building on it...my gawd but the ignorance astounds me.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Dan Davidson wrote:

You want to call me a dummy? What a shameless douche-bag you are. To be honest with you dickhead I didn't waste my time reading your worthless drivel. Why bother? It's all you talked about years ago, post after post after post. It was like you discovered the wheel for the first time. Who's the naive dummy! All I had to see was that worthless book on the screen to know what was coming. Couldn't you make it any bigger?


So Brian Johnston produced worthless drivel...I don't know if you are a douche bag or dickhead but I see you are a fool.

Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

BTW before I get accused of selling something as well that book isn't for sale but has an interesting history you could ask Brian about.

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

entsminger wrote:
Turpin wrote:
AShortt wrote:
Turpin wrote:
Seriously , I cannot believe that you ( with your level of development ) actually have the audacity to put your name to a book AND the bare faced cheek to tell others how they are wrong in their training ( regardless of progress )

T.

Case in point...instantly and I mean instantly a troll emerges...sick.

lol `Case in point` , one ( or two ) has to immediately jump on the defensive in hope to substantiate their position.

Results substantiate , nothing else does.

T.


==Scott==
So I guess Authur Jones didn't know what he was talking about because he didn't sport 21 inch arms??


Who ever mentioned 21" arms ?

He did use a genetically gifted subject and exceptionally muscular individual ( more muscular & genetically predisposed than himself ) to substantiate his theory.

T.
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

AShortt wrote:
For the record the troll actually makes my point for me. If you saw the pics he stalked me with compared to a couple years later you can see how the approach worked...even with someone with very poor genetics for bodybuilding (without drugs ;n)

The pic here is actually a few years back and I have slowly but continually grown since. Brian and I thought that gains made by someone so below average for bodybuilding would be excellent proof...not. Naysayers don't want proof they don't want what they think they know to be challenged...its disgusting.

That's me a couple years back far right (Mike Lipowski center). You can see I now fit fine into my catagory. I had the balls to compete even smaller at first to show the progression (which has been slow but continuous) and I was met with hate.


your seriously delusional !

You look to be the most shallow muscled individual in your line up , and despite being at such low bodyweight your legs lack shape and definition.

T.
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy