MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Enjoy Eating Saturated Fats
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

DukeMatisse

They're good for you.

Here's a fascinating lecture by a prominent heart surgeon.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=g-vrec
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

DukeMatisse wrote:
They're good for you.

Here's a fascinating lecture by a prominent heart surgeon.

http://www.youtube.com/...=g-vrec


Awesome :)
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

My evening meal , chicken breast stuffed with spinach , wrapped in bacon then cooked in coconut oil ( served with salad )

T.
Open User Options Menu

farhad

Massachusetts, USA

My worries about saturated fat went away 2 years ago. same for Cholesterol.

I will def watch this.

thanks,
farhad
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

Turpin wrote:
My evening meal , chicken breast stuffed with spinach , wrapped in bacon then cooked in coconut oil ( served with salad )

T.

Turpin,
that looks delicious, you have some serious culinary skills!

I would eat that with a large glass of grape juice and either a white flour or multi-grain roll (depending how I feel), smothered in butter of course :)


Open User Options Menu

DukeMatisse

Turpin wrote:
My evening meal , chicken breast stuffed with spinach , wrapped in bacon then cooked in coconut oil ( served with salad )

T.


That looks delicious!!

Open User Options Menu

southbeach

Oh brother where do I begin lol.

I agree that Westerner's eat too much oil (omega 6), too many SIMPLE carbs, too much processed food products.

I disagree that carbs make you fat but protein and fat does not. Too many CALORIES make you fat, not any one macronutrient ratio. BTW, FAT contains more than twice calories per gram as carbohydrate. Much easier to eat too many fat calories than carb calories!

I think he missed Castelli's import:

Dr Castelli is often quoted as saying:
"The more saturated fat one ate, the
more cholesterol one ate, the
more calories one ate, the lower
peoples serum cholesterol. We found
that thepeople who ate the most
cholesterol, ate the most saturated
fa,, ate the most calories, weighed the
least and were the most physically active."

I believe he observed in one of the first studies done at Framingham that those who ate most sat fat had lowest cholesterol reads. In same group those who ate most calories also weighed the less.

Something was amiss he thought because thats contradictory to common sense. Eating more AND weighing less??

He set out to determine what it was. Turned out that subjects that ate most sat fat also expended greatest energy. In short they weighed less because they were burning more cals (duh).

Also exercise is known to lower cholesterol.

He finally concluded that the latest diet data from Framingham showed that the women ofFramingham who ate a high sat fat, low calorie diet doubled the
depositsin their carotid arteries compared to women on a heart healthy diet.

This is what I recall from memeory of the Framingham study.

Sat fat is not the ONLY cause but it is A cause.

Interesting presentation but his argument that sat fat is healthy and necessary has no real teeth.


Open User Options Menu

larsvonthreat

Tomislav wrote:
Turpin wrote:
My evening meal , chicken breast stuffed with spinach , wrapped in bacon then cooked in coconut oil ( served with salad )

T.
Turpin,
that looks delicious, you have some serious culinary skills!

I would eat that with a large glass of grape juice and either a white flour or multi-grain roll (depending how I feel), smothered in butter of course :)




AMEN to that!
Open User Options Menu

DukeMatisse

southbeach wrote:
Oh brother where do I begin lol.

I agree that Westerner's eat too much oil (omega 6), too many SIMPLE carbs, too much processed food products.

I disagree that carbs make you fat but protein and fat does not. Too many CALORIES make you fat, not any one macronutrient ratio. BTW, FAT contains more than twice calories per gram as carbohydrate. Much easier to eat too many fat calories than carb calories!

I think he missed Castelli's import:

Dr Castelli is often quoted as saying:
"The more saturated fat one ate, the
more cholesterol one ate, the
more calories one ate, the lower
peoples serum cholesterol. We found
that thepeople who ate the most
cholesterol, ate the most saturated
fa,, ate the most calories, weighed the
least and were the most physically active."

I believe he observed in one of the first studies done at Framingham that those who ate most sat fat had lowest cholesterol reads. In same group those who ate most calories also weighed the less.

Something was amiss he thought because thats contradictory to common sense. Eating more AND weighing less??

He set out to determine what it was. Turned out that subjects that ate most sat fat also expended greatest energy. In short they weighed less because they were burning more cals (duh).

Also exercise is known to lower cholesterol.

He finally concluded that the latest diet data from Framingham showed that the women ofFramingham who ate a high sat fat, low calorie diet doubled the
depositsin their carotid arteries compared to women on a heart healthy diet.

This is what I recall from memeory of the Framingham study.

Sat fat is not the ONLY cause but it is A cause.

Interesting presentation but his argument that sat fat is healthy and necessary has no real teeth.




I see; so you didn't watch the lecture: that's ok, when you have some time check it out and get back to us.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

Breakfat of several fried eggs bacon and cheese from last weeks holiday in Cyprus. I usually had two plates of that and the same again around 2pm (removed from the buffet in the morning!) then a big meal at night.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

1kg Chateaubriand meant for two but eaten by myself from the same holiday. Delicious. Had it with a load of veggies.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

Cyprus again, this time a plate of meat from the hotel buffet.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

Another breakfast.
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Makes me hungry Glynn . Do you have higher carb days ?

T.
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

bigfella are you aware that some plants are edible lol ;)
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

Turpin wrote:
Makes me hungry Glynn . Do you have higher carb days ?

T.


I do eat quite a few veggies T, when I'm at home: spinach, broccoli, aubergines, courgettes and mushrooms mainly. No fruit though and hardly any sugar, flour, rice, pasta, grains, cereals etc. I also get a few carbs from nuts which I put on my salads. I also eat a fair amount of pickles of various sorts. Probably 50 - 100g of carbs a day, but no, I don't tend to have a 'high carb day'.

I've never felt better.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

southbeach wrote:
bigfella are you aware that some plants are edible lol ;)


Please see above. I eat them and I have to say, I do enjoy them, usually in a sauce of double cream and butter or maybe a tomato based sauce with olive oil. Spices and herbs a must obviously!

Open User Options Menu

Turpin

thebiggfella wrote:
Turpin wrote:
Makes me hungry Glynn . Do you have higher carb days ?

T.

I do eat quite a few veggies T, when I'm at home: spinach, broccoli, aubergines, courgettes and mushrooms mainly. No fruit though and hardly any sugar, flour, rice, pasta, grains, cereals etc. I also get a few carbs from nuts which I put on my salads. I also eat a fair amount of pickles of various sorts. Probably 50 - 100g of carbs a day, but no, I don't tend to have a 'high carb day'.

I've never felt better.



I can say the same after a year on the metabolic eating plan.
However I do have high carb weekends which TBH I really enjoy by pigging out on foods that would otherwise not be of benefit to my training ( or well being ) but do serve to increase the short term insulin production over the weekend without ill/adverse effect.

T.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Anybody here enjoy cooking and EATING barbecue?

I love smoking meat on my Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. I just purchased a Weber Smokey Joe which I will convert to a "mini" smoker. For traveling...purposes...vacations.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

Turpin wrote:
I can say the same after a year on the metabolic eating plan.
However I do have high carb weekends which TBH I really enjoy by pigging out on foods that would otherwise not be of benefit to my training ( or well being ) but do serve to increase the short term insulin production over the weekend without ill/adverse effect.

T.


I don't get the urge to eat any carb heavy food these days so I don't bother. Even on the Cyprus holiday last week I didn't have any potatoes, bread, chips etc, mainly just meat and veggies. Lots of beer though which added a few pounds!

Open User Options Menu

southbeach

thebiggfella wrote:
southbeach wrote:
bigfella are you aware that some plants are edible lol ;)

Please see above. I eat them and I have to say, I do enjoy them, usually in a sauce of double cream and butter or maybe a tomato based sauce with olive oil. Spices and herbs a must obviously!



It's very telling you didn't take a picture of the vegetables. And why must everything you eat be smothered in copious fat and oil? Everything tastes the same when you do that.
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

thebiggfella wrote:
Turpin wrote:
I can say the same after a year on the metabolic eating plan.
However I do have high carb weekends which TBH I really enjoy by pigging out on foods that would otherwise not be of benefit to my training ( or well being ) but do serve to increase the short term insulin production over the weekend without ill/adverse effect.

T.

I don't get the urge to eat any carb heavy food these days so I don't bother. Even on the Cyprus holiday last week I didn't have any potatoes, bread, chips etc, mainly just meat and veggies. Lots of beer though which added a few pounds!



You see I think this is the problem I have with the metabolic diet , in that once heavy carbs ( or foods that raise insulin & blood sugar ) are introduced it becomes extremely difficult to stop binging .
I too can go prolonged periods without carbs , ( in fact I can say that I feel better by their omission ) but once introduced into my diet for reasons of the anabolic benefits of insulin production for 36-48 hrs at weekends I kinda go off the rails.

I am unsure if perhaps a limited carb eating plan would be better than these `binges` , although the deprivation does allow a degree of indulgence that would otherwise be of little/no benefit.

T.
Open User Options Menu

southbeach

Turpin wrote:
thebiggfella wrote:
Turpin wrote:
I can say the same after a year on the metabolic eating plan.
However I do have high carb weekends which TBH I really enjoy by pigging out on foods that would otherwise not be of benefit to my training ( or well being ) but do serve to increase the short term insulin production over the weekend without ill/adverse effect.

T.

I don't get the urge to eat any carb heavy food these days so I don't bother. Even on the Cyprus holiday last week I didn't have any potatoes, bread, chips etc, mainly just meat and veggies. Lots of beer though which added a few pounds!



You see I think this is the problem I have with the metabolic diet , in that once heavy carbs ( or foods that raise insulin & blood sugar ) are introduced it becomes extremely difficult to stop binging .
I too can go prolonged periods without carbs , ( in fact I can say that I feel better by their omission ) but once introduced into my diet for reasons of the anabolic benefits of insulin production for 36-48 hrs at weekends I kinda go off the rails.

I am unsure if perhaps a limited carb eating plan would be better than these `binges` , although the deprivation does allow a degree of indulgence that would otherwise be of little/no benefit.

T.


ya ya ya but how will you bring your LATS up to par? theres a Q worthy of you
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Southbitch wrote; ya ya ya but how will you bring your LATS up to par? theres a Q worthy of you

...........................

Turpin writes ; I dont feel I have a need to bring them `up to par` , do you say otherwise ?

Seriously Southbitch you really are a sad excuse for a man.

T.
Open User Options Menu

thebiggfella

southbeach wrote:
It's very telling you didn't take a picture of the vegetables. And why must everything you eat be smothered in copious fat and oil? Everything tastes the same when you do that.


I did actually, I just didn't bother posting any here. As I've said, I do eat a lot of them, mainly the ones I mentioned earlier.

Why must everything I eat be smothered in copious fat and oil? Provided it's the right type of fat (i.e. NOT polyunsaturated but mainly mono and saturated), it's a healthy option. Cream, olive oil, butter, coconut oil, ghee etc all taste great as well. If you don't like them or think otherwise, that's fine. I just do what I think is best and what I enjoy.

Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy