MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Mike Mentzer Books on eBay
Author
Rating
Options

Bill De Simone

New Jersey, USA

I've had them long enough, so here are 3 books by Mike Mentzer from the early 1980s on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1c3e9757
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Bill De Simone wrote:
I've had them long enough, so here are 3 books by Mike Mentzer from the early 1980s on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/...c3e9757


==Scott==
Not having actually seen them but just looking at the covers of those books I can see why you'd want to get rid of them. I doubt if anything in them is what Mike really did. Looks like a fluff exercise book to make a few bucks. On the other hand they might be worth having as they might be quite entertaining in that a good laugh could be had reading them?
Open User Options Menu

Bill De Simone

New Jersey, USA

Thanks for your input, very helpful.
Open User Options Menu

farhad

Massachusetts, USA

Bill De Simone wrote:
Thanks for your input, very helpful.


Seriously.

Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Bill De Simone wrote:
Thanks for your input, very helpful.


===Scott==
With all the Mentzer fans out there these books will sell just to see the pictures of him.
Open User Options Menu

jn6047

This is a good argument for the old saying "you don't judge a book by it's cover." I have the Mentzer Method to Fitness, and it is a very good read. Certainly not aimed only towards the hardcore bodybuilder, but for those just starting, or for those who find overly complicated reading a chore, this book is great. I let my wife read it, much better than me trying to explain things. She got a lot out of solid information out of the book.

jn6047

entsminger wrote:
Bill De Simone wrote:
I've had them long enough, so here are 3 books by Mike Mentzer from the early 1980s on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1c3e9757

==Scott==
Not having actually seen them but just looking at the covers of those books I can see why you'd want to get rid of them. I doubt if anything in them is what Mike really did. Looks like a fluff exercise book to make a few bucks. On the other hand they might be worth having as they might be quite entertaining in that a good laugh could be had reading them?


Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

I sold all my Mentzer books long time ago. This forum has more useful info than all the books out there taken together.
Open User Options Menu

WesH

entsminger wrote:
==Scott==
Not having actually seen them but just looking at the covers of those books I can see why you'd want to get rid of them. I doubt if anything in them is what Mike really did. Looks like a fluff exercise book to make a few bucks. On the other hand they might be worth having as they might be quite entertaining in that a good laugh could be had reading them?


actually, the "Serious Bodybuilder Routine" in "Mentzer Method" may be the closest thing to a workout that was actually performed by Mentzer. You really need to be on drugs, or under 22, to do it. It's a good book and we used it to good effect over 30 years ago.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

kulitsa wrote:
I sold all my Mentzer books long time ago. This forum has more useful info than all the books out there taken together.


==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!
Open User Options Menu

Dan Davidson

Connecticut, USA

entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
I sold all my Mentzer books long time ago. This forum has more useful info than all the books out there taken together.

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!


Scott, YOU just have to get better at separating the wheat from the bullshit!
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Dan Davidson wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
I sold all my Mentzer books long time ago. This forum has more useful info than all the books out there taken together.

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!

Scott, YOU just have to get better at separating the wheat from the bullshit!


==Scott==
Trust me, I'm very good at weeding out the BS. Books like Dardens High Intensity training or Bill De's books on Moment arm stuff or Randy Roaches are great reading. Here on the forum the BS just flows like a water fall. What better place to make fun of those who think they know it all than right here. Hey, what about those Socialists/Zionists and their effects on cam aggressiveness. It never stops!!
Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:
I sold all my Mentzer books long time ago. This forum has more useful info than all the books out there taken together.

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!


Not all, just prevailing majority [on any subject] especially anything Ayn Rand related or Mentzer related.

Although, I have to give Mentzer credit over Rand, he did come up with a good thing or two regarding the training.
Open User Options Menu

Mega-duty

entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!


Ha,ha,thats true.In my book,book always wins.The book forms an entity.
On the other hand Internet is infinitely fragmented and endless discussion about training,is one set better than three,whole body or split.

Of course it is funny and useful sometimes,but ultimately everyone's body tell what to do.
I also like the fact that the book is a concrete object and is also easier and faster to use.
I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Mega-duty wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!

Ha,ha,thats true.In my book,book always wins.The book forms an entity.
On the other hand Internet is infinitely fragmented and endless discussion about training,is one set better than three,whole body or split.

Of course it is funny and useful sometimes,but ultimately everyone's body tell what to do.
I also like the fact that the book is a concrete object and is also easier and faster to use.
I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.


I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.

==Scott==
Same here! I've learned where to find some cheap Nautilus machines now and then but as for training, unfortunately not much.It is fun to talk training etc but in the end only through trial and error do I really learn much about what really works for me.
Open User Options Menu

Mega-duty

entsminger wrote:
Mega-duty wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!

Ha,ha,thats true.In my book,book always wins.The book forms an entity.
On the other hand Internet is infinitely fragmented and endless discussion about training,is one set better than three,whole body or split.

Of course it is funny and useful sometimes,but ultimately everyone's body tell what to do.
I also like the fact that the book is a concrete object and is also easier and faster to use.
I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.


I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.

==Scott==
Same here! I've learned where to find some cheap Nautilus machines now and then but as for training, unfortunately not much.It is fun to talk training etc but in the end only through trial and error do I really learn much about what really works for me.



Buying is the best aspect of the Internet,and bank issues.

How many Nautilus machines you have?
Sometimes i have looked them from EBay,
there is quite a lot of them.
Nautilus laterals would be probably my favorite because dumbbell version is so awkward to do.
But i have never even seen Nautilus machine in reality.


Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Mega-duty wrote:
entsminger wrote:
Mega-duty wrote:
entsminger wrote:
kulitsa wrote:

==Scott==
If that's true all the books out there must be utterly worthless!!

Ha,ha,thats true.In my book,book always wins.The book forms an entity.
On the other hand Internet is infinitely fragmented and endless discussion about training,is one set better than three,whole body or split.

Of course it is funny and useful sometimes,but ultimately everyone's body tell what to do.
I also like the fact that the book is a concrete object and is also easier and faster to use.
I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.


I can honestly say that i have not learned much from internet,regardless of the issue.

==Scott==
Same here! I've learned where to find some cheap Nautilus machines now and then but as for training, unfortunately not much.It is fun to talk training etc but in the end only through trial and error do I really learn much about what really works for me.


Buying is the best aspect of the Internet,and bank issues.

How many Nautilus machines you have?
Sometimes i have looked them from EBay,
there is quite a lot of them.
Nautilus laterals would be probably my favorite because dumbbell version is so awkward to do.
But i have never even seen Nautilus machine in reality.




==Scott==
I have about 15 Nautilus down from about 20 and only bought one off e-bay.E-bay prices are nuts. The rest I found on Craigs list or by word of mouth and on average I have spent no more than $150 per machine. I've picked up at least 4 or 5 for free and could have had more.
Open User Options Menu

overfiftylifter

Zionist cams? Scott, do you workout in a hooded white sheet with a burning cross in front of the Nautilus machines?



Open User Options Menu
Administrators Online: Mod Phoenix
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy