MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Talk the Talk & Walk the Walk
First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

Tomislav

New York, USA

Landau wrote:
No Weeks Out - Year Round Condition


Excellent shape David!

But to put Josh's 20 lb muscle gain in perspective instead of calling it propaganda, consider this question:

Say you wanted to add 10 lbs of muscle for a contest in two years; which scenario would you choose?

A. Bulkbuild for nearly two years nonstop with the raw cream.

B. Bulkbuild under the suit many times for shorter duration and great discomfort with the powders.

C. Stay lean like that and hope to leangain on another 10 lbs of muscle in two years at your advanced level.
Open User Options Menu

Brian Johnston

Ontario, CAN

D. None of the above... simply stay in relatively good condition... neither ripped nor fat and eat healthy while increasing lean mass by way of strategic and intelligent training while avoiding over-burdening the digestive system with gluttony.
Open User Options Menu

Hitit

Tika wrote:
Hitit wrote:
Tika wrote:
I stole this off of Joshy's facebook page, he is 7 weeks out from the Professional Mr.Universe.

Tika

"Joshy"? What is he 5?

42


Then maybe your should call him Josh. He's a big boy now...
Open User Options Menu

duesingbc

Illinois, USA

Trentine,

Great talk again today. I appreciate you taking my advice. It will take some getting used to when you first start it, but it always does the trick. I have to admit, I'm a bit perplexed pertaining to your diced onion and orange juice shake that you say you consume at a rate of 10-12 ounces every other hour. The fact that you set an alarm to wake yourself up to do this is intriguing, yet mysterious. I look forward to seeing your well documented spreadsheet on this. Again, thank you for your time.

Blain
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

duesingbc wrote:
Trentine,

Great talk again today. I appreciate you taking my advice. It will take some getting used to when you first start it, but it always does the trick. I have to admit, I'm a bit perplexed pertaining to your diced onion and orange juice shake that you say you consume at a rate of 10-12 ounces every other hour. The fact that you set an alarm to wake yourself up to do this is intriguing, yet mysterious. I look forward to seeing your well documented spreadsheet on this. Again, thank you for your time.

Blain


The man is a machine.

Regards,
Andrew
Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

duesingbc wrote:
Trentine,

Great talk again today. I appreciate you taking my advice. It will take some getting used to when you first start it, but it always does the trick. I have to admit, I'm a bit perplexed pertaining to your diced onion and orange juice shake that you say you consume at a rate of 10-12 ounces every other hour. The fact that you set an alarm to wake yourself up to do this is intriguing, yet mysterious. I look forward to seeing your well documented spreadsheet on this. Again, thank you for your time.

Blain


Im interested to what your advice to Trentine was.

Care to say anything about it?

Thanks in advance.
Open User Options Menu

duesingbc

Illinois, USA

Andrew,
Machine is clearly an understatement. I've guided a few folk to peaking but this takes it to an entirely different level. The combination of burger king plain double burgers, the diced onion orange juice milk shakes, combined with the plantain chorizo and avocado sandwiches with only 1.5 ounces of reduced fat sour cream clearly speaks for itself. The rare combination of an occasional beer to help this process is going to end up being a sight to be seen when he hits the stage.
Open User Options Menu

duesingbc

Illinois, USA

Dips...to answer your question....no.
My intention at this point is to round us all up and get on the same page. If you want to know what my advice was to josh and how he chose to implement it or not, ask him. If you want advice from me pertaining to the lifts i can pull off and the leanness (if thats a word) that ive achieved at my height and weight, simply ask me. I have no intention of overanalyzing Landau's physique by bantering back and forth with people that have never spoken with him. I simply chose to reach out and pick up the phone. I called josh, landau, henry, thomas, matt, etc and I truly appreciate all i have learned from all of them. We'll never agree on everything, but the fellas listed above will never hide behind the keys of a message board.
Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

duesingbc wrote:
Dips...to answer your question....no.
My intention at this point is to round us all up and get on the same page. If you want to know what my advice was to josh and how he chose to implement it or not, ask him. If you want advice from me pertaining to the lifts i can pull off and the leanness (if thats a word) that ive achieved at my height and weight, simply ask me. I have no intention of overanalyzing Landau's physique by bantering back and forth with people that have never spoken with him. I simply chose to reach out and pick up the phone. I called josh, landau, henry, thomas, matt, etc and I truly appreciate all i have learned from all of them. We'll never agree on everything, but the fellas listed above will never hide behind the keys of a message board.


So if I decide not to hide behind my keyboard to see what you suggest I call you,PM, ect.

Ive talked to many also. There is no HIT secret. If there was you could bet someone would be selling it.

Thanks for your reply.
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Brian Johnston wrote:
D. None of the above... simply stay in relatively good condition... neither ripped nor fat and eat healthy while increasing lean mass by way of strategic and intelligent training while avoiding over-burdening the digestive system with gluttony.


I agree , staying in a healthy lean state ( year round ) is not difficult , lest of course you lack discipline in your eating/training habits.

T.

Open User Options Menu

Tika

Florida, USA

Hitit wrote:
Tika wrote:
Hitit wrote:
Tika wrote:
I stole this off of Joshy's facebook page, he is 7 weeks out from the Professional Mr.Universe.

Tika

"Joshy"? What is he 5?

42

Then maybe your should call him Josh. He's a big boy now...



It's a term of endearment, Joshy is a good man. :-)
Open User Options Menu

Tika

Florida, USA

It's funny to me how you boys have less to say bad as each week passes. I don't think Brian or Turpin will find anything bad to say about Joshua in the end.

Tika
Open User Options Menu

Turpin

Tika wrote:
It's funny to me how you boys have less to say bad as each week passes. I don't think Brian or Turpin will find anything bad to say about Joshua in the end.

Tika


Is Trentine suddenly going to sprout some calves , decrease his pelvic structure or better his overall muscular & skeletal balance ? .... I think NOT , and therefore my criticisms stand. He is no better now than he was ( in pics ) pre Ren-ex , in fact looks to be prepping from worse off.

Getting into top shape from where he was at is obviously going to make things appear more dramatic than they actually are , but it fools no-one into believing he is any better off than he would be using any other training method.


T.
Open User Options Menu

Brian Johnston

Ontario, CAN

I'm not saying anything bad about him now or before. My beef has been with Tomislov making claims without knowing. In fact, my figures are off. If Josh competed at 5% body fat and 185 pounds (I'm not sure if it's 5%, but let's say for the sake of argument), that would mean 9.25 pounds of fat.

If he gained 20 pounds lean, as Tom believes (I have no idea, I can't tell without comparison photos and body comp testing), then it's not 205 pounds that he needs to compete at, but 206 pounds, which places him at 5% body fat with 10.3 pounds of fat.

If Josh comes in at 220 pounds, then groovy for him. If he comes in at 190 pound, well that's 5 pounds extra... can't complain about that! But Tomislov is claiming that it is because Josh got FAT for 'x' number of years that enable him to gain 20 pounds of lean. Do you not see an issue with that? I have been making this clear, and even you are ignoring it, as though I'm against Josh when all along the arguments have been against Tomislov.

Now you know why I get impatient and a bit nasty. I have to spell things out in such simple terms because people are unable to read and understand what the heck is being said.

Tomislov is discounting proper eating and Josh's raw diet, while remaining in decent off-season condition (and not holding 30 pounds extra fat... are you saying Josh carried 30 pounds too much fat until now?), and Tomislov is discounting Josh's change in training methods over the past few years. According to Tomislov, what produced the change for Josh (if there is a change) is getting fat and staying fat for 'x' number of years, and that this created 20 pounds of added lean.

And if it did create 20 pounds of lean, then Josh needs to compete at 206 pounds (presuming he was 5% previously, which I don't know).
Open User Options Menu

duesingbc

Illinois, USA

Turpin wrote:
Tika wrote:
It's funny to me how you boys have less to say bad as each week passes. I don't think Brian or Turpin will find anything bad to say about Joshua in the end.

Tika

Is Trentine suddenly going to sprout some calves , decrease his pelvic structure or better his overall muscular & skeletal balance ? .... I think NOT , and therefore my criticisms stand. He is no better now than he was ( in pics ) pre Ren-ex , in fact looks to be prepping from worse off.

Getting into top shape from where he was at is obviously going to make things appear more dramatic than they actually are , but it fools no-one into believing he is any better off than he would be using any other training method.


T.


Perhaps you should just ask him. My only recommendation would be to take the ladder out of your garage and climb to the top of it. That way, you guys could have an eye to eye conversation and settle your differences.

I'm not sure how offended your ladder might be though as I'm assuming you'll be climbing it with no pants on. It might make the relationship at that point a bit uncomfortable for the both of you.
Open User Options Menu

duesingbc

Illinois, USA

dipsrule wrote:
duesingbc wrote:
Dips...to answer your question....no.
My intention at this point is to round us all up and get on the same page. If you want to know what my advice was to josh and how he chose to implement it or not, ask him. If you want advice from me pertaining to the lifts i can pull off and the leanness (if thats a word) that ive achieved at my height and weight, simply ask me. I have no intention of overanalyzing Landau's physique by bantering back and forth with people that have never spoken with him. I simply chose to reach out and pick up the phone. I called josh, landau, henry, thomas, matt, etc and I truly appreciate all i have learned from all of them. We'll never agree on everything, but the fellas listed above will never hide behind the keys of a message board.

So if I decide not to hide behind my keyboard to see what you suggest I call you,PM, ect.

Ive talked to many also. There is no HIT secret. If there was you could bet someone would be selling it.

Thanks for your reply.


I didn't state anywhere that I had a "secret" pertaining to HIT. If you would like to PM, e-mail, or call me go right ahead. I'm here.
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

Brian Johnston wrote:
I'm not saying anything bad about him now or before. My beef has been with Tomislov making claims without knowing...


all along the arguments have been against Tomislov...

Now you know why I get impatient and a bit nasty...

I have to spell things out in such simple terms because people are unable to read and understand what the heck is being said.

Tomislov is discounting proper eating and Josh's raw diet, while remaining in decent off-season condition (and not holding 30 pounds extra fat... are you saying Josh carried 30 pounds too much fat until now?)...

According to Tomislov, what produced the change for Josh (if there is a change) is getting fat and staying fat for 'x' number of years, and that this created 20 pounds of added lean.


That's interesting because I've received emails from Josh (as you've been asking about) wondering why you keep making stuff up and twisting everything.

Josh was really Bulkbuilding; consider he gained 7-8 inches on his waist and 60 lbs of "Bulk" in order to gain another 20 lbs of lean mass; if you want to pretend you can't tell from the pic why don't you just ask Tika or contact Josh yourself as suggested?

Josh thinks you're dumber than he previously thought but I think you're pretty intelligent and just having sport trying to rattle him so he'll overdiet and then you can say "look how I told you so! He didn't really gain 20 lbs of muscle".

Bulkbuilding is not necessary for most athletes, only those who are pushing the envelope in terms of muscular size!

Seems to me athletes Avatars belie the claims against Bulkbuilding on this thread, just take a look:

Turpin - Bulked up like the hulk in his Avatar deadlifting over 600 lbs.

HeavyHitter - Large muscular athlete in Avatar; all Bulked up with no abs at all.

Brian - Super Bulked up in his underwear, this Bulkbuilder is sporting at least 15% BF despite reducing for the pic - notice how only one leg is shadowed enough to show any definition!

Scott (Simon Scott) - The most Bulked up ever; even less definition than Brian.

Ace - clearly an Ace Bulkbuilder; built 19" arms and made Andrew tell the truth about building too much muscle with heavy DL's as opposed to the rediculous none claimed :)

Dipsrule - AJ didn't reach a muscular bodyweight of 207 lbs at 5.8 1/2 by eating salads. AJ knew to drink a gallon of buttermilk a day in addition to meals when he needed to build the mass; that's how he did it.

Andrew - I've saved the best for last; the bulked up mass monster in Andrew's Avatar who needs to train legs is comic and surreal; you can tell this Bulkup Artist is eating everything but the kitchen sink!
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Tomislav wrote:
...Scott (Simon Scott) - The most Bulked up ever; even less definition than Brian...


How the fuck did I get dragged into this? I only made one statement, in regards to your impaired math skills.

I've never claimed to have any kind of definition. You will notice that when the subject of diet comes up, I keep my big mouth shut --- for once (play on words).

I'm almost as heavy as you in the most fatass picture you've shared. I don't have a leg to stand on in diet discussions and neither do you, so drop it already.

You're like a little yippy dog that always has to have the last bark. STFU already.

Scott
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

P.S. No intentional "bulkbuilding" on my part. I just like to eat.

I would have to say that it has NOT helped me grow muscles any faster. I grew better when I was leaner, though that may have been a youth thing.

I do believe that bulking has helped my calves grow some more, from carrying my fat ass around. Hahaha. However, I guess this wasn't the case for alleged bulkbuilder Joshy.

As I've brought up in the past, not all fatness is created equal. Are you a Larry the Cable Guy-type or a Brian Dennehy(sp?)-type? I unfortunately fall in the latter camp --- bulky torso, NOT big arms.
Open User Options Menu

Brian Johnston

Ontario, CAN

He also ignores those who CLEARLY indicate how little 'bulking' did for us... how it did not make any difference in gains compared to simply eating properly and training hard while maintaining some degree of definition and separation. He also ignores how I used actual math and statistics from past competitions to indicate what Josh must compete at in order to have proven a 20 pound lean gain.

Tomislov can yap all he wants as I do think he's dumber than he comes across (if that's possible) because it's one thing to make up information and quite another to prove.
Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

Tomislav wrote:
Brian Johnston wrote:
I'm not saying anything bad about him now or before. My beef has been with Tomislov making claims without knowing...


all along the arguments have been against Tomislov...

Now you know why I get impatient and a bit nasty...

I have to spell things out in such simple terms because people are unable to read and understand what the heck is being said.

Tomislov is discounting proper eating and Josh's raw diet, while remaining in decent off-season condition (and not holding 30 pounds extra fat... are you saying Josh carried 30 pounds too much fat until now?)...

According to Tomislov, what produced the change for Josh (if there is a change) is getting fat and staying fat for 'x' number of years, and that this created 20 pounds of added lean.


That's interesting because I've received emails from Josh (as you've been asking about) wondering why you keep making stuff up and twisting everything.

Josh was really Bulkbuilding; consider he gained 7-8 inches on his waist and 60 lbs of "Bulk" in order to gain another 20 lbs of lean mass; if you want to pretend you can't tell from the pic why don't you just ask Tika or contact Josh yourself as suggested?

Josh thinks you're dumber than he previously thought but I think you're pretty intelligent and just having sport trying to rattle him so he'll overdiet and then you can say "look how I told you so! He didn't really gain 20 lbs of muscle".

Bulkbuilding is not necessary for most athletes, only those who are pushing the envelope in terms of muscular size!

Seems to me athletes Avatars belie the claims against Bulkbuilding on this thread, just take a look:

Turpin - Bulked up like the hulk in his Avatar deadlifting over 600 lbs.

HeavyHitter - Large muscular athlete in Avatar; all Bulked up with no abs at all.

Brian - Super Bulked up in his underwear, this Bulkbuilder is sporting at least 15% BF despite reducing for the pic - notice how only one leg is shadowed enough to show any definition!

Scott (Simon Scott) - The most Bulked up ever; even less definition than Brian.

Ace - clearly an Ace Bulkbuilder; built 19" arms and made Andrew tell the truth about building too much muscle with heavy DL's as opposed to the rediculous none claimed :)

Dipsrule - AJ didn't reach a muscular bodyweight of 207 lbs at 5.8 1/2 by eating salads. AJ knew to drink a gallon of buttermilk a day in addition to meals when he needed to build the mass; that's how he did it.

Andrew - I've saved the best for last; the bulked up mass monster in Andrew's Avatar who needs to train legs is comic and surreal; you can tell this Bulkup Artist is eating everything but the kitchen sink!


Maybe you can fucking help me understand. What to you consider bulkbuilding. How do you define it.

Tell me and everyone else. You saw every fucking thing I posted the Jones said.

What the fuck is bulkbuilding? What the fuck is bulkbuilding.

You can quote me but you wont tell any of us here Why you come here. If You train HIT.

So if you wont define bulkbuilding of answer 2 fucking simple question just STFU and dont quote me and I promise you I will never reply to any thing you post.

Its that Fucking simple. Same for Ed. You can STFU too.

Better yet contact the mods and get me kicked of this HIT forum.

Because im sick of the shit of those who wont even say if they train HIT.

But if was not for some trolls this forum wound probably just fall apart because there would be 7 people who use and talk about HIT.

Please someone define BULKBUILDING!!!!!!! Then I will STFU

Open User Options Menu

duesingbc

Illinois, USA

Bulkbuilding for me took place years ago when I was of the novice mindset and thought I needed to be stuffing my face 24/7 in hopes of putting on "mass." Then I realized I was simply fat at an all time high of 270lbs. So, went the complete opposite direction and now hover around 225. I look a hell of a lot better too.

Blain
Open User Options Menu

Tomislav

New York, USA

dipsrule wrote:
Maybe you can fucking help me understand. What to you consider bulkbuilding. How do you define it.

Tell me and everyone else. You saw every fucking thing I posted the Jones said.

What the fuck is bulkbuilding? What the fuck is bulkbuilding.

You can quote me but you wont tell any of us here Why you come here. If You train HIT.

So if you wont define bulkbuilding of answer 2 fucking simple question just STFU and dont quote me and I promise you I will never reply to any thing you post.

Its that Fucking simple. Same for Ed. You can STFU too.

Better yet contact the mods and get me kicked of this HIT forum.

Because im sick of the shit of those who wont even say if they train HIT.

But if was not for some trolls this forum wound probably just fall apart because there would be 7 people who use and talk about HIT.

Please someone define BULKBUILDING!!!!!!! Then I will STFU


Dipsrule,
here's a pic to illustrate and some quotes from Mr America; he literally wrote the book on Bulkbuilding!

Bulkdbuilding Definition:
Bulkbuilding represents the ultimate limits to which you can push your body, extracting every bit of fiber growth, every bit of strength and power.

On Why Bulkbuilding can be hard to understand:
There's something about being big and strong and bulky that's hard to explain unless you've experienced it. It's a state that's unmatched by other things. It's a great feeling of well-being and superiority.

HIT is the key to Bulkbuilding:
As you get stronger, you must perform less exercise. Less exercise but with heavier resistance, is the secret to making continued progress in your Bulkbuilding.
Open User Options Menu

AShortt

Ontario, CAN

Tomislav wrote:

Dipsrule,
here's a pic to illustrate and some quotes from Mr America; he literally wrote the book on Bulkbuilding!

Bulkdbuilding Definition:
Bulkbuilding represents the ultimate limits to which you can push your body, extracting every bit of fiber growth, every bit of strength and power.

On Why Bulkbuilding can be hard to understand:
There's something about being big and strong and bulky that's hard to explain unless you've experienced it. It's a state that's unmatched by other things. It's a great feeling of well-being and superiority.

HIT is the key to Bulkbuilding:
As you get stronger, you must perform less exercise. Less exercise but with heavier resistance, is the secret to making continued progress in your Bulkbuilding.


That's about exercise not eating.
Open User Options Menu

Brian Johnston

Ontario, CAN

That does not define what it is, merely suggesting what it can accomplish. Two different things... a faulty definition from a person who lifts weights rather than understanding the concept of definition qua definition.
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy