MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
60 % Carbs
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

marcrph

Portugal

John Little seems to disagree with folks (especially the Body By Science club) with regards to the Paleo diet, in John's interview on High Intensity Nation, and in his other books, he recommends a simple well balanced diet of 60/25/15 as did his friend Mike Mentzer.


How do some achieve 60 % carbs....kinda hard to do at times?
Open User Options Menu

HamsFitness

Mars bars....
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

http://evidencemag.com/...uten-free-diet/

Looks like bread is OK.....I'm sure Dr. Darden is laughing at Dr. McGuff's Paleo diet.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

http://evidencemag.com/clean-e...

Just for Landau!
Open User Options Menu

sonny153

I think you can lose weight (body fat) at any carb level as long as you control your calories but I find much better appetite suppression with higher protein and fat and less carbs.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

sonny153 wrote:
I think you can lose weight (body fat) at any carb level as long as you control your calories but I find much better appetite suppression with higher protein and fat and less carbs.


Funny, high carbs, which have lots of fiber, do the same thing for myself, plus I feel better.
Open User Options Menu

sonny153

other people have told me they feel better with the higher carbs with high fiber too, I don't think you can go wrong by listening to your body
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

ironmanmagazine.com/heavy-duty

Mike Mentzer's view on diet....60% CARBS.

The alanine cycle is also reviewed.
Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

My diet leans more on carbs (fruits, vegs, whole grain) but I do eat some fat mostly in the form of almonds, walnuts, and natural peanut butter (Smart Balance). I'll also get a little from dairy. I rely on fish oil and flax seed ground-meal (put on oatmeal) for plenty of Omega 3.
Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

marcrph wrote:
John Little seems to disagree with folks (especially the Body By Science club) with regards to the Paleo diet, in John's interview on High Intensity Nation, and in his other books, he recommends a simple well balanced diet of 60/25/15 as did his friend Mike Mentzer.


How do some achieve 60 % carbs....kinda hard to do at times?


Its not hard to do at all,and I cant eat gluten I have celiac.

You just have to read labels. One thing I do is make a drink in my nutri-bullet. 1 banana,1 cup frozen blueberries,1 cup Vanilla Almond milk,1 scoop of designer whey.

You got 62 grams of carbs right there. Only 360 calories.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

HeavyHitter32 wrote:
My diet leans more on carbs (fruits, vegs, whole grain) but I do eat some fat mostly in the form of almonds, walnuts, and natural peanut butter (Smart Balance). I'll also get a little from dairy. I rely on fish oil and flax seed ground-meal (put on oatmeal) for plenty of Omega 3.


HH32,

In general, do you find it hard to reach 60% carb levels?
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

dipsrule wrote:

Its not hard to do at all,and I cant eat gluten I have celiac.

You just have to read labels. One thing I do is make a drink in my nutri-bullet. 1 banana,1 cup frozen blueberries,1 cup Vanilla Almond milk,1 scoop of designer whey.

You got 62 grams of carbs right there. Only 360 calories.


Awesome.

One day....I'm going get me a Nutri-bullet. I have a blender currently!
Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

marcrph wrote:
HeavyHitter32 wrote:
My diet leans more on carbs (fruits, vegs, whole grain) but I do eat some fat mostly in the form of almonds, walnuts, and natural peanut butter (Smart Balance). I'll also get a little from dairy. I rely on fish oil and flax seed ground-meal (put on oatmeal) for plenty of Omega 3.

HH32,

In general, do you find it hard to reach 60% carb levels?


I'm probably in the 50-60% range of carbs now, so I would say it's not too hard as I eat about 8 servings of fruits/veg each day with 4-5 servings of whole....the rest protein and fats.

Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

marcrph wrote:
dipsrule wrote:

Its not hard to do at all,and I cant eat gluten I have celiac.

You just have to read labels. One thing I do is make a drink in my nutri-bullet. 1 banana,1 cup frozen blueberries,1 cup Vanilla Almond milk,1 scoop of designer whey.

You got 62 grams of carbs right there. Only 360 calories.

Awesome.

One day....I'm going get me a Nutri-bullet. I have a blender currently!



I have not used my blender since I got the nutri-bullet. Plus cleanup is easy.You unscrew the base,run it under hot water and your ready for the next time. I drink right out of the cup. Rinse that out and your done.

If you get one get the heavy duty one. PM me if you want to know more about how I use it.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

HeavyHitter32 wrote:
I'm probably in the 50-60% range of carbs now, so I would say it's not too hard as I eat about 8 servings of fruits/veg each day with 4-5 servings of whole....the rest protein and fats.



I had a small pressure cooker until recently, when I purchased a Fagor large pressure cooker. I overnight soak beans, and subsequently pressure cook them is a few minutes in the Fagor. I also pressure cook brown rice in a few minutes. These two entities, rice and beans have increased my carb intake. I will soon perfect pressure cooking potatoes. I pressure cook large quantities at a time and refrigerate these. Whole foods grocery stores have also started carrying "white" sweet potatoes which are delicious when baked. I further use a divided microwave plate to warm/heat food, and more importantly, portion food serving size properly. This keeps calories under control. Simple is best. Much better and tastier methodology than frozen meals not to mention very inexpensive.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

dipsrule wrote:
marcrph wrote:
dipsrule wrote:

Its not hard to do at all,and I cant eat gluten I have celiac.

You just have to read labels. One thing I do is make a drink in my nutri-bullet. 1 banana,1 cup frozen blueberries,1 cup Vanilla Almond milk,1 scoop of designer whey.

You got 62 grams of carbs right there. Only 360 calories.

Awesome.

One day....I'm going get me a Nutri-bullet. I have a blender currently!


I have not used my blender since I got the nutri-bullet. Plus cleanup is easy.You unscrew the base,run it under hot water and your ready for the next time. I drink right out of the cup. Rinse that out and your done.

If you get one get the heavy duty one. PM me if you want to know more about how I use it.


Thanks....Ditto....pressure cooker!
Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

marcrph wrote:
dipsrule wrote:
marcrph wrote:
dipsrule wrote:

Its not hard to do at all,and I cant eat gluten I have celiac.

You just have to read labels. One thing I do is make a drink in my nutri-bullet. 1 banana,1 cup frozen blueberries,1 cup Vanilla Almond milk,1 scoop of designer whey.

You got 62 grams of carbs right there. Only 360 calories.

Awesome.

One day....I'm going get me a Nutri-bullet. I have a blender currently!


I have not used my blender since I got the nutri-bullet. Plus cleanup is easy.You unscrew the base,run it under hot water and your ready for the next time. I drink right out of the cup. Rinse that out and your done.

If you get one get the heavy duty one. PM me if you want to know more about how I use it.


Thanks....Ditto....pressure cooker!



I got hungry reading about you pressure cooker.

I wanted to mention that I use the frozen blueberries like ice cubes. The bullet will take care of them in a few seconds. So the drink is chilled from the start.
Open User Options Menu

farhad

Massachusetts, USA

I typically add snail shells with my whole grain toasts, brown rice, and pasta.

http://www.iflscience.com/...30000-years-ago
Open User Options Menu

backtrack

It doesn't really matter it is whatever works for the individual.
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

To make sure portion size are appropriate and to increase carb %, I use a microwave divider plate(see photo)....the larger portion slot is used for carbs.....rice...beans...corn...potatoes...C-A-R-B-S...LOL...the Paleo folks are going crazy.

I use just one of the smaller portion slots for protein...that is "meat" for all you vegetarians out there. BTW, I'm looking for some grass-fed dinosaur steaks. Fresh out as of today. Top it all off with some bread...and I should get kicked out of all modern man-cave Paleo dwellings. LOL!
Open User Options Menu

backtrack

Do you eat off that plate in a padded cell?
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

dipsrule wrote:
If you get one get the heavy duty one.


Which one is Heavy Duty? Which one do you advise to purchase?
Open User Options Menu

dipsrule

Pennsylvania, USA

marcrph wrote:
dipsrule wrote:
If you get one get the heavy duty one.

Which one is Heavy Duty? Which one do you advise to purchase?



NutriBullet Pro 900 Series. I wish I would have got the 900.

I have the regular one that has a 600 watt motor. The Pro 900 has a 900 watt motor.

I bought mine to use like its used in the infomercial. It works very well.

I use it 3 times a day sometimes.I started make drinks like the one ive talked about. Mine works well and like I said it smashes the frozen blueberries well. Same for ice. I went with frozen blueberries for the price. Great value at walmart is about 10 bucks for 10 servings or 1 cup.

Sometimes I freeze bananas and use a scoop of powder and peanut butter,as well as the milk.

I would have bought the 900 if I knew how much I was going to use the one I have now.

Mine is working fine. I have not had any problems. If and when mine wares out,im going with the 900. I think the 900 had a bigger cup too.




Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

Carbohydrates are needed for the glucose/glycogen stores necessary for high intensity muscular contractions. Glucose/glycogen can easily be converted to ATP molecules.

Without sufficient glucose concentration for muscular contractions, the body robs muscle of protein for sufficient glucose concentration....NOT GOOD! The amino acid in muscle tissue called alanine is converted to glucose in the liver.

So if your glucose is low....(eating an Atkins type diet)...or too few calories in general...(1200 calorie diet)...and are losing strength,, size, or weight fast....chances are you are burning some muscle tissue for fuel. Note....there are 600 calories in a pound of muscle...and 3500 calories in a pound of fat....therefore you can only lose fat slowly....but muscle can go fast.

High carb % diets don't look so bad now.
Open User Options Menu

BennyAnthonyOfKC

Missouri, USA

TO: marcrph

I read through everything that you wrote, and you're right on the money about diet. You happen to be too much of anti-SuperSlow biggot that is willing to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" that misunderstands me totally as a pro-SuperSlow zealot, but you're right about diet.

Sadly, for all the science that the pro-SuperSlow & pro-RenEx trainers & trainees tout, they fail horribly in many of their kooky beliefs about diet, particularly the raw food noise; for example, while heat kills resveratrol in grapes, and raisins that are heated by the sun, lycopene in tomatoes is actually enhanced greatly by processing & heating. With food, raw only works in a case by case basis, because there are many examples when raw food is counterproductive to human-nutrition, and vice-versa.
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy