MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Dr Darden's New Book
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

pillarope

Dr Darden, what is the difference between your new book, "Tighten Your Tummy in 2 Weeks" and Body Fat Breakthrough? Is there any overlap, any new case studies? I imagine it is the same principles?
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

pillarope wrote:
Dr Darden, what is the difference between your new book, "Tighten Your Tummy in 2 Weeks" and Body Fat Breakthrough? Is there any overlap, any new case studies? I imagine it is the same principles?


The books are similar but different. In the new book, I have 41 women who progressed through the program and I use their stories and photos throughout the 20 chapters.

"Tighten your Tummy in 2 Weeks" is based on a five-part formula:

1.A unique negative-accentuated exercising routine that involves three 15-second half repetitions, immediately followed by 8 to 12 faster movements. Slower negative-accentuated exercise, combined with faster negative-accentuated repetitions, is the best way to strengthen and define your abdominal region, as well as other muscles.

This combination negative-exercise style also makes a deeper inroad into your starting strength, which in turn triggers at least six hormones that cause your involved midsection muscles to pull calories from surrounding adipose tissue to help fat loss and muscle gain.

2. An old-school technique called the inner-ab vacuum that strengthens the transverse abdominis muscle. Strengthening this muscle makes a dieter more aware of stomach fullness so she is satisfied with less.

3. A simple, carbohydrate-rich eating plan that initially reduces, then gradually adds and subtracts calories from basic foods. A key guideline is adhering to five or six small meals per day.

4. A productive resting schedule to get 8.5 hours of sleep each night, plus a 30-minute nap each afternoon. Extra sleep is important because more than 50 percent of fat loss occurs during sleep and 99 percent of muscle building takes place at night.

5. A powerful superhydration guide that promotes the continuous sipping of 1 gallon of ice-cold water each day. Superhydration synergizes your exercising, eating, and sleeping to accelerate tummy tightening.

Employing user-friendly steps and inspiring before-and-after photos, I incorporate my exercising, eating, resting, and superhydrating into result-producing, 2-week, 6-week, and 12-week courses.

Ellington





Open User Options Menu

pillarope

Dr Darden, are you recommending 15-15-15 for women because they can't do 30-30-30? For men, do you still recommend the 30-30-30?
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

pillarope wrote:
Dr Darden, are you recommending 15-15-15 for women because they can't do 30-30-30? For men, do you still recommend the 30-30-30?


I now believe 15-15-15 plus 8-12 reps is better for most people. I also like alternating 30-30-30 with 15-15-15. Certainly, 15-15-15 is easier for women to do initially and it worked very well on floor exercises in a group setting.

Ellington

Open User Options Menu

noone

New York, USA

Dr. Darden,

Will you be doing another bodybuilding book?
Open User Options Menu

BennyAnthonyOfKC

Missouri, USA

Dr. Darden,

Where can I find your new book that's aimed at women as an audience?? Because, I looked at the Amazon.com website, and there's nothing, along with no new posting here by you advertising the book. Keep in mind, I purchased your 2014 book; and, I'm correctly understanding from this posting that there is a 2015 book??
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

I'm pre-ordered.


Looking forward to reading this book!

Dr. Darden,

Will there be any pre-release pictures on this site?

Marc
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

BennyAnthonyOfKC wrote:
Dr. Darden,

Where can I find your new book that's aimed at women as an audience?? Because, I looked at the Amazon.com website, and there's nothing, along with no new posting here by you advertising the book. Keep in mind, I purchased your 2014 book; and, I'm correctly understanding from this posting that there is a 2015 book??


Benny,

I just pulled it up on Amazon: "Tighten Your Tummy in 2 Weeks." Try it again.

Ellington

Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

http://www.medicalnewstoday.co...


High fiber diet....along with lots of carbs....simple and healthy, and non-restrictive

AKA: Darden's 60/20/20 diet
Open User Options Menu

marcrph

Portugal

https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=gDx1xfSobG4

Ab vacuum exercise

I use a V-bar tricep handle hooked to a resistance band and held in an overhead position while tensing in an isometric fashion the abdominal region, and simultaneously performing ab-vacuums in a pulse-like fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=eQJ4FuobjYc
Open User Options Menu

H.I.T. Believer

dr darden, do you mean 15-15-15 or 8-12 normal reps or 15-15-15 immediately followed by 8-12 reps ? thanks

Ellington Darden wrote:
pillarope wrote:
Dr Darden, are you recommending 15-15-15 for women because they can't do 30-30-30? For men, do you still recommend the 30-30-30?

I now believe 15-15-15 plus 8-12 reps is better for most people. I also like alternating 30-30-30 with 15-15-15. Certainly, 15-15-15 is easier for women to do initially and it worked very well on floor exercises in a group setting.

Ellington



Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

It's 15-15-15, negative, positive, negative, immediately followed by 8 to 12 normal reps. The entire set takes about 80-90 seconds.

Ellington
Open User Options Menu

H.I.T. Believer

Ellington Darden wrote:
Dr Darden..What Is A Good Percentage Of Your Normal Weight One Should Try First..70 Percent Of Your Regular 8-12 Rep Weight,Percent 80 percent, ?? Etc

It's 15-15-15, negative, positive, negative, immediately followed by 8 to 12 normal reps. The entire set takes about 80-90 seconds.

Ellington


Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

Try 80% of what you can do 10 repetitions with.

Ellington
Open User Options Menu

H.I.T. Believer

Ellington Darden wrote:
Dr Darden..What Is A Good Percentage Of Your Normal Weight One Should Try First..70 Percent Of Your Regular 8-12 Rep Weight,Percent 80 percent, ?? Etc

It's 15-15-15, negative, positive, negative, immediately followed by 8 to 12 normal reps. The entire set takes about 80-90 seconds.

Ellington


Open User Options Menu

BennyAnthonyOfKC

Missouri, USA

Dr.Darden,

The Amazon.com website still doesn't link "Tighten Your Tummy in 2 Weeks" in a straightforward way to "Ellington Darden" as a name. I've tried entering your name several times, or even clicking on your name, and the only way that I arrive at your book is to enter its title that some, or many, may not know, but will want to find [the new book by Ellington Darden].

Perhaps, you can mention this to your publisher, and they can contact Amazon, because this could mean the difference of a few to many more books sold.

By the way, here's the actual link to the book, which I hope sells a million! :)

http://www.amazon.com/...ummy+in+2+Weeks
Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

BennyAnthonyOfKC wrote:
Dr.Darden,

The Amazon.com website still doesn't link "Tighten Your Tummy in 2 Weeks" in a straightforward way to "Ellington Darden" as a name. I've tried entering your name several times, or even clicking on your name, and the only way that I arrive at your book is to enter its title that some, or many, may not know, but will want to find [the new book by Ellington Darden].

Perhaps, you can mention this to your publisher, and they can contact Amazon, because this could mean the difference of a few to many more books sold.

By the way, here's the actual link to the book, which I hope sells a million! :)

http://www.amazon.com/...2+Weeks


Also, a new and better cover is in the works. It should be posted in several more weeks.

Ellington

Open User Options Menu

coalman426

Wasn't aware this book was out.ill let the wife know.ill tell ya I've had solid results on the floor dreaming diet.I'm pretty much on a permanent version of that diet.
Open User Options Menu

DNAHelix

New York, USA

coalman426 wrote:
Wasn't aware this book was out.ill let the wife know.ill tell ya I've had solid results on the floor dreaming diet.I'm pretty much on a permanent version of that diet.


I take it we are talking about Florida dreaming diet?
Everyone mentions this diet plan. Which book is this from?
Open User Options Menu

coalman426

I hate auto correct.it's fl dreaming diet and it's not in a book it's on this website in the columns above the forum.I like it because I can eat some lean cuisines.easy.I've had a pretty dramatic weight loss and lowered my cholesterol fifty points.my wife is going to post pics when she has time.it's not a real hardcore diet.I can live with it.
Open User Options Menu

S.M.Punisher

Ellington Darden wrote:
4. A productive resting schedule to get 8.5 hours of sleep each night, plus a 30-minute nap each afternoon. Extra sleep is important because more than 50 percent of fat loss occurs during sleep and 99 percent of muscle building takes place at night.


That last point is why I no longer care when I eat, as long as I get in enough calories and protein before the day is over. Also why I don't care about those protein synthesis studies that report levels as being lowest during sleep.
Open User Options Menu

perrymk

kulitsa wrote:
I take it we are talking about Florida dreaming diet?
Everyone mentions this diet plan. Which book is this from?


I don't believe its from a book, but rather an short article on the Training Routines section of this web site

http://www.drdarden.com/...ic.do?id=415445

I think it most closely aligns with "32 Days to a 32 Inch Waist" but that might just be me focusing on the 32 inch waist aspect.
Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

8.5 hours of sleep? I'm 43 next month and about 6 hours a night is all I can sleep no matter what I try (and I follow the sleep hygiene recommendations by sleep doctors). I generally feel fine during the day though.
Open User Options Menu

coalman426

I'm a six hour a night man,anymore and I'm groggy.I've read test production is mostly at night maybe that theory has something to do with that.everybody is different.sleep,rep speed,genetics.I give none of these much thought
Open User Options Menu

lildrummerboy80

kulitsa wrote:
coalman426 wrote:
Wasn't aware this book was out.ill let the wife know.ill tell ya I've had solid results on the floor dreaming diet.I'm pretty much on a permanent version of that diet.

I take it we are talking about Florida dreaming diet?
Everyone mentions this diet plan. Which book is this from?


It's in the bowflex body plan book.
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy