MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
State of Exercise Science 2017
First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

acas1959

Stop trolling ...

Cheers
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

acas1959 wrote:
Stop trolling ...

Cheers


Last year my wife was being trolled by a guy on facebook, of course the idiots address was on his facebook page, so i paid him a visit, i told him who i was and asked him "nicely" to stop trolling my wife, he couldnt get the door closed and locked fast enough, then he phoned the police on me lol.
Funny how these people can talk real big on the interent, but face to face their utter corwards.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Grant D. wrote:
...Cheers. Why have you all given up on progress....


Why have you given up on reality?
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

sirloin wrote:
acas1959 wrote:
Stop trolling ...

Cheers

Last year my wife was being trolled by a guy on facebook, of course the idiots address was on his facebook page, so i paid him a visit, i told him who i was and asked him "nicely" to stop trolling my wife, he couldnt get the door closed and locked fast enough, then he phoned the police on me lol.
Funny how these people can talk real big on the interent, but face to face their utter corwards.


one of the reasons why i don't waste my time on facebook

Open User Options Menu

Bastion

Grant D. wrote:


Cheers. Why have you all given up on progress....


I was doing static training 15-20 years ago, it resulted in a torn abdominal muscle, from doing heavy static and negative chins. Funny, that's the only weight training injury I've ever experienced since 1989!.
I now make regular progress and I look and feel much better than when I was in my 20's. I also now train 3-4 times a week and do 30 min of cardio on training days and 60 min , 30 min twice a day on non training days.
If you'd like to post an actual pic of your progress, I'll do the same.
Open User Options Menu

holliswood

Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?

Maybe its just me but I see hypocrisy in these statements. You can't tell me I need direct work on a given muscle group but NOT the muscles of my cardiovascular system? It must follow the same principle, to maximize aerobic capacity IT MUST BE WORKED. If you don't believe that you're wrong.

Hollis

P.S. Grant the Jester, don't respond I'm not interested in anything you have to say other than good-bye.
Open User Options Menu

acas1959

He wont't it's all BS and Trolling ...

Cheers
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

holliswood wrote:
Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?

Maybe its just me but I see hypocrisy in these statements. You can't tell me I need direct work on a given muscle group but NOT the muscles of my cardiovascular system? It must follow the same principle, to maximize aerobic capacity IT MUST BE WORKED. If you don't believe that you're wrong.

Hollis

P.S. Grant the Jester, don't respond I'm not interested in anything you have to say other than good-bye.


==Scott==
Hey come on, someones got to fill the void left by Southbeach or Wayne, ha ha!
Open User Options Menu

Ray200

Oh, you poor benighted fools! Do you not see? Can you not understand that the light of truth has been revealed unto ye? 10 minutes of weight training a month are all that is required! Dr Darden can transform his 73-year-old body to resemble his 25-year-old physique! John Little's greatness has been rewarded with a deserved professorship!
I know all of this to be true as the Prophet (Grant, blessed be his name) has said it and confirmed it thusly with his own 260lbs frame as proof: "Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Ray

Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Attention all trainees. It is crucial to understand the functions of ones heart muscle and the affect that muscular development has on the hearts ability to serve our overall system. Ken Hutchins did a tremendous job of explaining this a generation ago. This case was closed ... please educate oneself from the devastation of aerobic tomfoolery ... as it is harmful and at Best a Time waster. However it might be enjoyable to some ... but beware of endorphonetic highs that seductively mislead
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

holliswood wrote:
Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?...


Interval Training has proven beneficial to the heart....however you get there.

Just like other muscles don't know whether you're using a BB or a machine, your heart doesn't know if you are moving rapidly from machine to machine or doing 'sprints' on an exercise bike.
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

simon-hecubus wrote:
holliswood wrote:
Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?...

Interval Training has proven beneficial to the heart....however you get there.

Just like other muscles don't know whether you're using a BB or a machine, your heart doesn't know if you are moving rapidly from machine to machine or doing 'sprints' on an exercise bike.


that was point of question in the stamina thread

running, swimming, bike riding, walking, circuit training, rope skipping.....the heart does not know what the exercise is

Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

The point we are all denying is that wherever the so-named aer-Oh!bics comes from it is UNNECESSARY and retarding to ones fitness ...
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

hit4me wrote:
simon-hecubus wrote:
holliswood wrote:
Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?...

Interval Training has proven beneficial to the heart....however you get there.

Just like other muscles don't know whether you're using a BB or a machine, your heart doesn't know if you are moving rapidly from machine to machine or doing 'sprints' on an exercise bike.

that was point of question in the stamina thread

running, swimming, bike riding, walking, circuit training, rope skipping.....the heart does not know what the exercise is



==Scott==
No the heart doesn't know what exercise it is, it doesn't have eyes but I would guess it can tell the difference between how it reacts to an exercise where one strains to move a superheavy object in short bursts and how it reacts to a moderate exercise repeated over and over again many times over 30 minutes.Look at ones face that is leaning over trying to dead lift a very heavy weight. His face may be bursting red with blood vessels bulging and blood pressure spiking.The heart will be experiencing the same thing.It won't be doing that with a moderate jog around the block.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
The point we are all denying is that wherever the so-named aer-Oh!bics comes from it is UNNECESSARY and retarding to ones fitness ...


Apart from trolling, what do you do in your down time?

- Do you ever take a walk?
- swim?
- hike or track?
- play football with the kids or grand kids?
- Cycle somewhere on a nice day?
- Do you avoid walking up a stairs in case to impedes your recovery?
- skiing hol?
- Have a go on jet ski's?
- Go horse riding?

Or do you just sit on the lazy boy sipping a beer talking shite??
Open User Options Menu

Bastion

Grant D. wrote:
The point we are all denying is that wherever the so-named aer-Oh!bics comes from it is UNNECESSARY and retarding to ones fitness ...


So I'm assuming you're never going to post a pic to show us all what max contraction training has provided you with? .
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

entsminger wrote:
hit4me wrote:
simon-hecubus wrote:
holliswood wrote:
Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?...

Interval Training has proven beneficial to the heart....however you get there.

Just like other muscles don't know whether you're using a BB or a machine, your heart doesn't know if you are moving rapidly from machine to machine or doing 'sprints' on an exercise bike.

that was point of question in the stamina thread

running, swimming, bike riding, walking, circuit training, rope skipping.....the heart does not know what the exercise is



==Scott==
No the heart doesn't know what exercise it is, it doesn't have eyes but I would guess it can tell the difference between how it reacts to an exercise where one strains to move a superheavy object in short bursts and how it reacts to a moderate exercise repeated over and over again many times over 30 minutes.Look at ones face that is leaning over trying to dead lift a very heavy weight. His face may be bursting red with blood vessels bulging and blood pressure spiking.The heart will be experiencing the same thing.It won't be doing that with a moderate jog around the block.


totally agree, which is why I did not include very heavy weight training or powerlifting in my list....Arthur jones always advocated no straining of the neck, face or hands during the exercises, did he know something was going on with the heart

Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

sirloin wrote:
Grant D. wrote:
The point we are all denying is that wherever the so-named aer-Oh!bics comes from it is UNNECESSARY and retarding to ones fitness ...

Apart from trolling, what do you do in your down time?

- Do you ever take a walk?
- swim?
- hike or track?
- play football with the kids or grand kids?
- Cycle somewhere on a nice day?
- Do you avoid walking up a stairs in case to impedes your recovery?
- skiing hol?
- Have a go on jet ski's?
- Go horse riding?

Or do you just sit on the lazy boy sipping a beer talking shite??


how about sexual intercourse, which is a great aerobic exercise

Open User Options Menu

StuKE

entsminger wrote:
hit4me wrote:
simon-hecubus wrote:
holliswood wrote:
Why is it most agree direct work on a muscle group is necessary to maximize its potential but think using HIT (or whatever method) provides enough secondary "aerobic" training to maximize aerobic capacity?...

Interval Training has proven beneficial to the heart....however you get there.

Just like other muscles don't know whether you're using a BB or a machine, your heart doesn't know if you are moving rapidly from machine to machine or doing 'sprints' on an exercise bike.

that was point of question in the stamina thread

running, swimming, bike riding, walking, circuit training, rope skipping.....the heart does not know what the exercise is



==Scott==
No the heart doesn't know what exercise it is, it doesn't have eyes but I would guess it can tell the difference between how it reacts to an exercise where one strains to move a superheavy object in short bursts and how it reacts to a moderate exercise repeated over and over again many times over 30 minutes.Look at ones face that is leaning over trying to dead lift a very heavy weight. His face may be bursting red with blood vessels bulging and blood pressure spiking.The heart will be experiencing the same thing.It won't be doing that with a moderate jog around the block.


Very well said!
Open User Options Menu

holliswood

Grant you would know everything retarded wouldn't you?

Hollis
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Bastion wrote:
Grant D. wrote:
The point we are all denying is that wherever the so-named aer-Oh!bics comes from it is UNNECESSARY and retarding to ones fitness ...

So I'm assuming you're never going to post a pic to show us all what max contraction training has provided you with? .


---Scott----
Hah hah, him post a picture?? No way!!
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Grant D. wrote:
The point we are all denying is that wherever the so-named aer-Oh!bics comes from it is UNNECESSARY and retarding to ones fitness ...


Holy Christ! Mark your calendars!! I actually agree with Grantard on this one!!!
Open User Options Menu

Frank Scott

I think Entsminger makes a good point (above) about the deleterious effect of heavy training past a certain age. It impacted on me because I have been training in the 4 - 6 rep range. I enjoy it, a meaningful weight from the start and short sets. But as I get older it would probably make more sense to train in the ten, twelve or fifteen rep area.
There is a caveat, which is that however one trains, those last reps need to be hard or it isn't working. Even just to 'keep in shape' requires significant effort.
Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

hit4me wrote:

how about sexual intercourse, which is a great aerobic exercise



Grant limits it to once a year to preserve recovery.
Open User Options Menu

Average Al

Grant D. on the lecture circuit:

"I Don't Get No Respect"

Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy