MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
State of Exercise Science 2017
First | Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

sirloin

acas1959 wrote:
Where is John Little these days? ... his Web sites are gone and there is no recent information about him to be found ... Does anyone know?



Check out the Nautilus North facebook page, as per usual their dead against supplements, but then post articles that support the consumption of McDonalds and french fries lol.
Open User Options Menu

Bastion

Crotalus wrote:
Bastion wrote:

The older I get. The more I see how much of a scam and a joke the fitness industry is. feel bad for all the 16 yr Olds that follow all these juice freaks and believe every word they hear. It's really not any different from growing up reading the magazine's before the Internet.


Right, so why feel bad for them ? As you said , we did the same thing by reading the Weider magazines back in the day - it's what motivated us to even start training. The ones who are serious will stick for life because they have a serious interest while the others fall out ... like anything else. I can honestly say taking up this hobby/interest was one of the best things I ever did and have no regrets about it - other than dedicating 9 months to Super Slow training, LOL.

I know all about the drugs , the lies' , the politics etc. but that 'look' - the 'unnatural' look - is what motivated me and still motivates me after 35 years of training, I didn't use it for an excuse to quit ... you just keep training because you love it.

I got lit up seeing Franco hit that incredible lat spread even though I knew I'd never have lats like him .... I could not get motivated to train looking at an 'attainable' physique of an underwear model in Sears catalogue.

But that's just me ...


Very well said!.

Open User Options Menu

Average Al

sirloin wrote:
acas1959 wrote:
Where is John Little these days? ... his Web sites are gone and there is no recent information about him to be found ... Does anyone know?



Check out the Nautilus North facebook page, as per usual their dead against supplements, but then post articles that support the consumption of McDonalds and french fries lol.


Wow! I'm surprised to see that the Nautilus North web site is available for sale. I guess you can't beat the cost of a Facebook page if all you want is a minimal web presence for your business. He probably has a full schedule, a stable list of clients, and isn't planning on writing any new books. I suppose even HIT gurus get bored and pursue new interests.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Here is my last session... after two weeks recovery

lower back doneinone plus ten pounds
pulldown max pyramid plus 7.5 pounds
chest row doneinone plus 5 pounds and 4 seconds overall

as my gains continue I am forced to move more into doneinone as i am running out of machine weights.

Please recall so called statics won't work unless the weight is gravity circuited. I have covered this before and base my knowledge from my interpretation of The Works of John Little.


Cheers Grant.


Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

The 'Works of John Little'?! Fortunately, I didn't swallow a drink right before reading that...
Open User Options Menu

Nwlifter

simon-hecubus wrote:
The 'Works of John Little'?! Fortunately, I didn't swallow a drink right before reading that...


hahaha great visual!



Open User Options Menu

acas1959

I am very surprised you folks are not familiar with "The works of John Little" ... there are 12 volumes from the highly regarded Infrecuent publishing house. A personal favorite of mine, Vol 3, "Sporadic, Intermittent and Seldom HIT strategies" and "From high volume to hold that weight until you fart, a one man jouney from muscles to fat"

Cheers
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

The books that I have learned from John are PROGRESSIVE in that each tablet has advanced the science of resistance weight traimg. John's advancememts took us to were SS did not.
Static Contraction
Max Contraction
Advanced Max Contraction
Body by Scoence
Body by Science Q&A
... online
Max Pyramid
Done in One

When one adds in 303030 with some Omega and reduces volume and extends recovery we have protocols of progressive and ... so far ... limitless success.

How many of you have followed these Works. PM me if you want to discuss success
stories.

Cheers Grant
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

Are correct debate tactics non-existent here?

Calling others derogatory names and making mockery of others are losing tactics.

Notice that Dr. Darden NEVER debates this way!

Facts or logic. Let me show how to debate against a skilled HIT writer such as Mr. Little.

John Little was employed by Joe Weider. Logically, one can assume Mr. Little "knows the ropes" of writing for a major fitness publication. One of his final articles for Iron Man magazine was in the November issue of 2007 under the title of Heavy Duty, the Wisdom of Mike Mentzer. Under the subtitle, he talks about the supposed benefits of less exercise. He has also discussed how isometrics cause less wear and tear on joints. To counter this supposition, NONE of this is backed by scientific facts. Generally, exercise is good for the body. Everyone knows that inactivity can stiffen joints. He then discussed cardiovascular benefits along with blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol. All these supposed benefits were mentioned without ANY data! Give us all a break, and furnish data. This is just one example of why John Little is unreliable. He simply does not include facts and/or logic to back up his claims. Do I need to mention he co-authored Body by Science?
Open User Options Menu

Crotalus

NONE of this is backed by scientific facts. All these supposed benefits were mentioned without ANY data! Give us all a break, and furnish data.

Data from what , another flawed 'study' that only present findings they want you to believe are true ?

I want to SEE the results from it, something I can SEE with my own eyes ... not reading about it on paper as the results of a geeky study with gains measured with a stop watch.

I'll take the actually physical and visual results from training hard , even if it's not 'scientific'. Call me a muscle head if you want, but that's what most of us are after isn't it, muscle ? I doubt many here are training to add seconds and ounces on a lift.

Most of these scientific studies are as useless as Grants training as far as I'm concerned.
Open User Options Menu

Lioncourt

Grant D. wrote:
John's advancememts took us to were SS did not.
Static Contraction
Max Contraction
Advanced Max Contraction
Body by Scoence
Body by Science Q&A
... online
Max Pyramid
Done in One


You're showing exactly my issue with John Little right here. He has at one time or another touted all of these as "THE" ultimate system. Then you also had him through most of the 2000's being the Mentzer guy. He needs to pick something and stick with it. But he'll say anything is the greatest system ever for the right price.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
The books that I have learned from John are PROGRESSIVE in that each tablet has advanced the science of resistance weight traimg. John's advancememts took us to were SS did not.
Static Contraction
Max Contraction
Advanced Max Contraction
Body by Scoence
Body by Science Q&A
... online
Max Pyramid
Done in One

When one adds in 303030 with some Omega and reduces volume and extends recovery we have protocols of progressive and ... so far ... limitless success.

How many of you have followed these Works. PM me if you want to discuss success
stories.

Cheers Grant



Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
The books that I have learned from John are PROGRESSIVE in that each tablet has advanced the science of resistance weight traimg. John's advancememts took us to were SS did not.
Static Contraction
Max Contraction
Advanced Max Contraction
Body by Scoence
Body by Science Q&A
... online
Max Pyramid
Done in One

When one adds in 303030 with some Omega and reduces volume and extends recovery we have protocols of progressive and ... so far ... limitless success.

How many of you have followed these Works. PM me if you want to discuss success
stories.

Cheers Grant


Partials and yeilding isometric holds are old hat, and do-in-one and bbs ARE superslow lol.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

ATP 4 Vitality wrote:
Are correct debate tactics non-existent here?

Calling others derogatory names and making mockery of others are losing tactics.

Notice that Dr. Darden NEVER debates this way!

Facts or logic. Let me show how to debate against a skilled HIT writer such as Mr. Little.

John Little was employed by Joe Weider. Logically, one can assume Mr. Little "knows the ropes" of writing for a major fitness publication. One of his final articles for Iron Man magazine was in the November issue of 2007 under the title of Heavy Duty, the Wisdom of Mike Mentzer. Under the subtitle, he talks about the supposed benefits of less exercise. He has also discussed how isometrics cause less wear and tear on joints. To counter this supposition, NONE of this is backed by scientific facts. Generally, exercise is good for the body. Everyone knows that inactivity can stiffen joints. He then discussed cardiovascular benefits along with blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol. All these supposed benefits were mentioned without ANY data! Give us all a break, and furnish data. This is just one example of why John Little is unreliable. He simply does not include facts and/or logic to back up his claims. Do I need to mention he co-authored Body by Science?


If i trained so infreqently id be a cripple with my back lol.
A few weeks ago there was some good weather here were i am, i got a bit of a tan. Well its rained for the last few weeks and my skin has not been expoused to any intense sunlight stress, guess what? My tan is gone. Same thing with training, those you train too infreqently lose the benefits of the workout. You look like they dont even lift OR hold lol.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Hi,
In my case when adding mere seconds and or pounds ( typically only 2.5 to 5 pounds every month or two )
it assures progress in strength load and size since The Protocols of John and Dr El eliminate all cheating.
By following these protocols I am still gaining every session
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

Crotalus wrote:
NONE of this is backed by scientific facts. All these supposed benefits were mentioned without ANY data! Give us all a break, and furnish data.

Data from what , another flawed 'study' that only present findings they want you to believe are true ?


Any data....or I will not believe what you write in a book. John Little even used professional bodybuilders for illustrations in Static Contraction Training. As I wrote previously, he "knows the ropes."



I want to SEE the results from it, something I can SEE with my own eyes ... not reading about it on paper as the results of a geeky study with gains measured with a stop watch.


Measurements, such as arm circumference, waist circumference, actual weight, are all results ... that is DATA. DATA translates into visual results that everyone can see. So I readily see your point. Any results worth looking at in Body by Science?


I'll take the actually physical and visual results from training hard , even if it's not 'scientific'. Call me a muscle head if you want, but that's what most of us are after isn't it, muscle ? I doubt many here are training to add seconds and ounces on a lift.

Most of these scientific studies are as useless as Grants training as far as I'm concerned.


Hard training should result in visual improvements.
P.S.
You are not being a muscle head.
Isometrics are good training tools. Grant's .....Who knows or cares?
Scientific studies can be useful....but you still must experiment as to what fits YOU.
Open User Options Menu

Bastion

I'm not interested in typing it all out. But in the static contraction training book on page 132 Little and Sisco dismiss superslow reps as being very sub par.

I find it humorous how the book is loaded full of pics of pro bodybuilders who have most likely never done a static hold in their lives .

Imo. It's just all gimmicky bs for people who really at the end of day just don't want to workout. The lazy man's way to try and get in shape.

How many of these so called "experts" or "exercise scientists ". Actually look better than the average person who works out a bit?. Who decided that these people are "experts? .
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

I too once thought the sun shined out of Little's backside, but then seen the bigger picture.

- He studied philosophy NOT exercise physiology or nutrition, hes out of his field...

- MCT is based on the over stated and flawed research of A.E Muller (thats more than 60 years old)...

- He provides no real evidence of his claims...

- The Nautilus North study was flawed....and again, no evidence provided of any his claims...

- He used drug users and indivduals whom built their bodies using full range volume training to promote MCT and his partial ventures

- Hes a hypocrite, he accuses the likes of supplement companies of using "seductive" advertising, thats true, but then uses "seductive" advertising himself. Tell me, who here has "GAINED UP TO 18lbs OF MUSCLE IN 4 WEEKS WITH THE REVOLUTIONARY NEW OMEGA SET?
It also says on the back of the advanced MCT book "Nautilus North is one of the leading research centers in North Amercia"...what research??




Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
Hi,
In my case when adding mere seconds and or pounds ( typically only 2.5 to 5 pounds every month or two )
it assures progress in strength load and size since The Protocols of John and Dr El eliminate all cheating.
By following these protocols I am still gaining every session


Cheating in what way exactly? Dr D also recommends using a 15/15/15 plus 8-12 normal speed reps, is that cheating?
"Cheating" can be useful, for example a push press vs a strict press allows for a much heavier negatives.


Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

Little has little credibility anymore. He writes and sells whatever abbreviated training BS he can so people like Grant will buy it thinking they are getting bigger by their neurological 'strength' increases.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Sirloin,
Looks like my shelf...
In my case I was able to make continuous progress thru each of John's revealing books. However, I always stagnated within months and often took a year to break that stagnatoon ... usually because of his latest reveal.
What we don't see on your pic is the cloud books he did on Max Pyramid and Done in One and also Dr Dardens efforts of 303030. With these I was receptive enough to regulate volume and increase recovery resulting in unstoppable
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
Sirloin,
Looks like my shelf...
In my case I was able to make continuous progress thru each of John's revealing books. However, I always stagnated within months and often took a year to break that stagnatoon ... usually because of his latest reveal.
What we don't see on your pic is the cloud books he did on Max Pyramid and Done in One and also Dr Dardens efforts of 303030. With these I was receptive enough to regulate volume and increase recovery resulting in unstoppable


Yet again you try to change the goal posts lol, and yet again you dont address any points made...

Am well aware of MPP amd "done in one", there are no books on these, just write ups on BBS (that were later taken down) and youtube videos.
I also have Dr D's BFT book. If 303030 is so good, then why did he create another variable, i.e., 151515 plus 8-12 normal speed reps lol?
Moreover, when has Dr D ever recommended training less than once a week? My guess is he knows theres a benefit to a degree of REGULAR training / exercise, and unlike Little, Dr D actually provides evidence of his claims.

Have a great weekend








Open User Options Menu

sirloin

https://m.youtube.com/...h?v=zzFUWrUR0XQ

So heres a deconditioned individual doing MPP, according to Little, the reason for going back down the weights is to "give a better indicator of inroad". Essentially its just like preforming several drop sets after youve aready gone to failure. Completely unnecessary...and does this method produce better results? Looking at this individual...No!
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

https://m.youtube.com/...h?v=QtPbGwScUds

Heres a highly qualified and experienced strength coach and physical therapist for athletes. Note, he says you should have isometrics early your workout, but also note, at no point does he say their all you should do for a muscle, but as a part of a complete training program. He also advocates regular training.
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

sirloin wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/...h?v=zzFUWrUR0XQ

So heres a deconditioned individual doing MPP, according to Little, the reason for going back down the weights is to "give a better indicator of inroad". Essentially its just like preforming several drop sets after youve aready gone to failure. Completely unnecessary...and does this method produce better results? Looking at this individual...No!


I see no benefit in that type of training
and boring too

Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last
Administrators Online: Mod Phoenix
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy