MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
State of Exercise Science 2017
First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

hit4me

Florida, USA

sirloin wrote:
Grant D. wrote:
Sirloin,
Looks like my shelf...
In my case I was able to make continuous progress thru each of John's revealing books. However, I always stagnated within months and often took a year to break that stagnatoon ... usually because of his latest reveal.
What we don't see on your pic is the cloud books he did on Max Pyramid and Done in One and also Dr Dardens efforts of 303030. With these I was receptive enough to regulate volume and increase recovery resulting in unstoppable


Yet again you try to change the goal posts lol, and yet again you dont address any points made...

Am well aware of MPP amd "done in one", there are no books on these, just write ups on BBS (that were later taken down) and youtube videos.
I also have Dr D's BFT book. If 303030 is so good, then why did he create another variable, i.e., 151515 plus 8-12 normal speed reps lol?
Moreover, when has Dr D ever recommended training less than once a week? My guess is he knows theres a benefit to a degree of REGULAR training / exercise, and unlike Little, Dr D actually provides evidence of his claims.

Have a great weekend










I am still waiting to see picture evidence of Grant's results!!!!!!!

Open User Options Menu

sirloin

hit4me wrote:
sirloin wrote:
Grant D. wrote:
Sirloin,
Looks like my shelf...
In my case I was able to make continuous progress thru each of John's revealing books. However, I always stagnated within months and often took a year to break that stagnatoon ... usually because of his latest reveal.
What we don't see on your pic is the cloud books he did on Max Pyramid and Done in One and also Dr Dardens efforts of 303030. With these I was receptive enough to regulate volume and increase recovery resulting in unstoppable


Yet again you try to change the goal posts lol, and yet again you dont address any points made...

Am well aware of MPP amd "done in one", there are no books on these, just write ups on BBS (that were later taken down) and youtube videos.
I also have Dr D's BFT book. If 303030 is so good, then why did he create another variable, i.e., 151515 plus 8-12 normal speed reps lol?
Moreover, when has Dr D ever recommended training less than once a week? My guess is he knows theres a benefit to a degree of REGULAR training / exercise, and unlike Little, Dr D actually provides evidence of his claims.

Have a great weekend










I am still waiting to see picture evidence of Grant's results!!!!!!!



Dont hold your breath mate, It'll just be more smoke and mirrors.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

hit4me wrote:
sirloin wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/...h?v=zzFUWrUR0XQ

So heres a deconditioned individual doing MPP, according to Little, the reason for going back down the weights is to "give a better indicator of inroad". Essentially its just like preforming several drop sets after youve aready gone to failure. Completely unnecessary...and does this method produce better results? Looking at this individual...No!

I see no benefit in that type of training
and boring too



Yeap, imagine paying someone to put you through such a "workout", talk about being cheated.

Those video's are several years ago, since then hes went on to promote Bruce Lee circuit style workouts, whereby you preform as many reps as possible in 30 seconds on an exercise and then move on to the next exercise, and if you so desire, 60 seconds of out all sprinting at the end of the workout. So much for those sheer forces on joints and connective tissues he talked about so much.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

This so called trainer to the starz is far underloading muscle. The initial precept is FOCUSED INTENSITY. A static can only be beneficial (beyond newbie gains) when circuited through a gravity field ... aka weights pulling downward to Earth.

Also he is far from achieving his potential. He has duped himself into viewing muscular definition from the lens of extreme leanness. While he is quite lean he has accepted his own stagnation of progress with an acceptance of leanness and lack of progress. He could easily be 30 pounds of muscle heavier and look well proportioned rather than like a highly definitioned stagnationator light weight. In his meantime he is retarding progress and potential by those he trains and those that are duped into acceptance of lack of progress.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Grant D. wrote:
This so called trainer to the starz is far underloading muscle. The initial precept is FOCUSED INTENSITY. A static can only be beneficial (beyond newbie gains) when circuited through a gravity field ... aka weights pulling downward to Earth.

Also he is far from achieving his potential. He has duped himself into viewing muscular definition from the lens of extreme leanness. While he is quite lean he has accepted his own stagnation of progress with an acceptance of leanness and lack of progress. He could easily be 30 pounds of muscle heavier and look well proportioned rather than like a highly definitioned stagnationator light weight. In his meantime he is retarding progress and potential by those he trains and those that are duped into acceptance of lack of progress.


This is so fucking hilarious, I don't know where to start. Cavaliere knows more about muscles and their function than you and Little could ever know.

How about a similarly 'objective' review of the other video? What's up with the RG pulldown statics where the guy's elbows were pressed against the back pad?

What's great about Jeff is that we SEE HIM and know that he walks the same walk that he talks.

Enjoy your pizza rolls, troll boy!
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

The elbows on the pads allow complete focused intensity on the movement (hold) of the gravity circuited weight. It virtually eliminates cheating, outroading, squiggling, unloading, and/or skill building that
might otherwise trick or fool one into assuming gains in weights equate to gains in strength (and by extension gains in size ... aka mass).

The little bit of static friction that the elbows provide is miniscule in the overall weight loads. Recall we also experience intra-musuclar and joint friction ... so the elbow issue is irrelevant. When one does these gravity circuited static holds and/or ultra slow motion such as 303030 or Done-In-One (aka 6060 or even 9090) the issues of outroading are eliminated.

These are crucial issues to understand and apply as one attempts continuous progress and advancement towards one's genetic potential. If one is content or gives-up then my (from the experts) protocols don't matter. But if one truly doesn't want to waste time, risk injury, tear-down one's joints, retard one's system, and gain then one must ...
Assure Direct Focused Intensity
Dramatically Reduce Motion and Acceleration
Reduce Volume
Increased Recovery Time ...
and an added bonus ...
Drastic$ally Reduce Carbohydrates
Increase Fat Consumption with Adequate protein.

It is 2017 #hello. Ironically I spend less Time Under Load then some klowns do chalking their hands. And I am healthy, injury free, well rested, and efficient with my training.

Cheers Grant
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

More smoke and mirrors from a faceless troll.
This is the same individual that said we should not confuse progress with leanness when looking at Turpins physique. You just know when someone makes such a comment their fat. It's very easy to get stronger and "bigger" (obese is many cases) when your winging calories glory in.
Open User Options Menu

Crotalus

hit4me

I am still waiting to see picture evidence of Grant's results!!!!!!!


Well, that's the problem. Ounce increases in compound lifts months apart or seconds added to the workout duration / workload aren't reflected in visible gains. That's fine if looks don't matter to you but I think it does in 99% of us training. This was why micro loading was another waste of time as far as physique training. I always forget this was something else I wasted my time doing - even made my own 'Plate Mates'

Instead of a picture you have to ask Grant for his data sheet computer print out - not a photo. Maybe that's all he's interested in and what he trains for ? To each his own ...

So with this type of workout you have to be ready to present this piece of paper to people who ask you why you quit training and look out of shape.

As long as you have that data on paper you're good to go. Fuck what you look like.

Physique competition will someday be scored this way .... nobody on stage, they'll just mail in data sheets on their progress.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Crotalus wrote:
hit4me

I am still waiting to see picture evidence of Grant's results!!!!!!!


Well, that's the problem. Ounce increases in compound lifts months apart or seconds added to the workout duration / workload aren't reflected in visible gains. That's fine if looks don't matter to you but I think it does in 99% of us training. This was why micro loading was another waste of time as far as physique training. I always forget this was something else I wasted my time doing - even made my own 'Plate Mates'

Instead of a picture you have to ask Grant for his data sheet computer print out - not a photo. Maybe that's all he's interested in and what he trains for ? To each his own ...

So with this type of workout you have to be ready to present this piece of paper to people who ask you why you quit training and look out of shape.

As long as you have that data on paper you're good to go. Fuck what you look like.

Physique competition will someday be scored this way .... nobody on stage, they'll just mail in data sheets on their progress.


Good points on the data, ill address that in my next log post.

Ive personally no issues with how people train, like you say "each to their own". But when someone comes out swinging and makes out that their way is the best and only way then they'd better be able to back up their claims with evidence. Not nessesarily photos of themselves, but evidence of indivduals that have produced the goods from using a given method.
For example if you wanted to learn boxing and Freddie Roach (hall of fame trainer of 15 world champs) offered to train you, i wouldnt turn round to him and say "you look like a geek and have parkinsons", you say "oh hell yeah". Of course am not comparing Grant to Roach but ya get my meaning am sure lol.


Open User Options Menu

Average Al

Grant D. wrote:
This so called trainer to the starz is far underloading muscle. The initial precept is FOCUSED INTENSITY. A static can only be beneficial (beyond newbie gains) when circuited through a gravity field ... aka weights pulling downward to Earth.

Also he is far from achieving his potential. He has duped himself into viewing muscular definition from the lens of extreme leanness. While he is quite lean he has accepted his own stagnation of progress with an acceptance of leanness and lack of progress. He could easily be 30 pounds of muscle heavier and look well proportioned rather than like a highly definitioned stagnationator light weight. In his meantime he is retarding progress and potential by those he trains and those that are duped into acceptance of lack of progress.


How could you possibly know, from a video clip, what his genetic potential is? You have magic eyes that can read the DNA from a digital image of his exterior???
Open User Options Menu

Average Al

Grant D. wrote:
The elbows on the pads allow complete focused intensity on the movement (hold) of the gravity circuited weight. It virtually eliminates cheating, outroading, squiggling, unloading, and/or skill building that
might otherwise trick or fool one into assuming gains in weights equate to gains in strength (and by extension gains in size ... aka mass).

The little bit of static friction that the elbows provide is miniscule in the overall weight loads. Recall we also experience intra-musuclar and joint friction ... so the elbow issue is irrelevant. When one does these gravity circuited static holds and/or ultra slow motion such as 303030 or Done-In-One (aka 6060 or even 9090) the issues of outroading are eliminated.

These are crucial issues to understand and apply as one attempts continuous progress and advancement towards one's genetic potential. If one is content or gives-up then my (from the experts) protocols don't matter. But if one truly doesn't want to waste time, risk injury, tear-down one's joints, retard one's system, and gain then one must ...
Assure Direct Focused Intensity
Dramatically Reduce Motion and Acceleration
Reduce Volume
Increased Recovery Time ...
and an added bonus ...
Drastic$ally Reduce Carbohydrates
Increase Fat Consumption with Adequate protein.

It is 2017 #hello. Ironically I spend less Time Under Load then some klowns do chalking their hands. And I am healthy, injury free, well rested, and efficient with my training.

Cheers Grant


After all these decades of training, you are still making steady progress and haven't hit your genetic limit? Doesn't sound very efficient to me!

You should have realized your genetic potential a couple of decades ago, long before reaching your late 50's (unless, of course, you don't know how to train properly).



Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

I agree with Sirloin, I could care less how you train...you can train high volume 6x/week like Arnold and franco, you can do one exercise per bodypart for 20 sets and eat horsemeat like serge nubret, you can train heavy duty like the mentzers or you can do one set every other year....I do not care
however, when you make claims like Grant is doing, then we should all see the evidence
John Heart and Markus Reinhardt have shown us evidence
Stephen Deininger has shown us the evidence
Brian Johnson showed us all evidence
Turpin shows evidence


Open User Options Menu

Frank Scott

This is from BB.com about a year ago. I do not know the author but it has the ring of truth.
'For the loading to result in hypertrophy, the stimulus requires sufficient frequency to create a new "environment" as opposed to random and acute assaults on the integrity of the tissue. The downside of taking a week's rest is that responses like protein synthesis, prostaglandins, IGF1 levels and mRNA levels are returned to normal in 36 hours. so two days growing and half a week back to normal'.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

All studies are off if one does not achieve safe and consistent overload without outroading and subsequent systemic chaos. First prerequisite is safe controlled direct focused intensity. If you cannot achieve this then all else is futile and progress will prematurely stall. Look to tunic as an example.
Open User Options Menu

simon-hecubus

Texas, USA

Alas, poor Tunic...I knew him well.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Tunic? Is that the guy whos muscles just keep getting more and more dense, who still deadlifts well over 3x his bodyweight, does something like 10 sets of 10 chins and something like 50 or 60 full range glute and ham raises in his late 40s?
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
All studies are off if one does not achieve safe and consistent overload without outroading and subsequent systemic chaos. First prerequisite is safe controlled direct focused intensity. If you cannot achieve this then all else is futile and progress will prematurely stall. Look to tunic as an example.


Vs reseaech like Mullers, who's "findings" turned out to be over stated and could not be replicated.

Ive sited recent research that shows normal speed reps produce greater intensity vs superslow, its also proven to be just as safe.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Superslow has been rendered obsolete since 2009 or 2010. When properly performed superslow would result in progress for about six to nine months. By that point most trainees would be moving so much weight that they would build skill (aka cheating) into the motion and/or overstress joints. Which is why one must assure direct focused intensity via a gravity circuit, extended recovery, and reduced volume.
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
Superslow has been rendered obsolete since 2009 or 2010. When properly performed superslow would result in progress for about six to nine months. By that point most trainees would be moving so much weight that they would build skill (aka cheating) into the motion and/or overstress joints. Which is why one must assure direct focused intensity via a gravity circuit, extended recovery, and reduced volume.


And yet the methods you employ, i.e.,doneinone and 30/30/30 ARE essentially moving weights very very slowly lol, ya couldnt script this nonesense lol





Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

Grant D. wrote:
Superslow has been rendered obsolete since 2009 or 2010. When properly performed superslow would result in progress for about six to nine months. By that point most trainees would be moving so much weight that they would build skill (aka cheating) into the motion and/or overstress joints. Which is why one must assure direct focused intensity via a gravity circuit, extended recovery, and reduced volume.


post a video and show us all how to train

Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

In my case I have progressed so far on loading that I have exceeded many machine limits ... which is why I do use 303030 in some muscles. My DoneInOne is more like 6060 to 120120 which is squiggle free do to extreme slowness and near zero motion aka unloading aka no rate of velocity change.
Please re read this tablet as I have covered this previously.
Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Today's Session
Leg Press Max Pyramid gain in 3 seconds
Chest Press 303030 gain in 2.5 pounds, but 323117. That last runaway assured me that I was in total control and direct focus
Pulldown Max Pyramid gain in 5 ppunds
Shoulder Shrug Max Pyramid gain in 5 pounds but only gut 14 seconds on lowest return steppe.
Another indication of a progressive session is NO ROBAT NO SYSTEMIC FATIGUE but just specific muscle or muscle group weakness.
Cheers ...
Open User Options Menu

sirloin

Grant D. wrote:
In my case I have progressed so far on loading that I have exceeded many machine limits ... which is why I do use 303030 in some muscles. My DoneInOne is more like 6060 to 120120 which is squiggle free do to extreme slowness and near zero motion aka unloading aka no rate of velocity change.
Please re read this tablet as I have covered this previously.


Dont need to re read anything, its you who is ignorant to the fact that what your doing IS superslow...aka grinding aka synthetic resistance (which is how your mate Little dicribed it in MCT).

Open User Options Menu

Grant D

Illinois, USA

Sirion
Max Contraction Training was also rendered obsolete since trainees again developed beyond machine limits. John Little then developed Advanced Max Contraction Training which required assistance, and also became obsolete as strength again exceeded one's ability to find/procure/impart enough gravity circuited weight.

These protocols worked great fro myself ... for about 12-15 months then I ran-outta-weight. Thanks to Little for then revealing Max Pyramid and DoneInOne and then Dr. Darden 303030.

ALL TRAINEES please understand the concept of progressive revelation as it applies to Exercise Science. My current sessions of Max Pyramid, 303030, DoneInOne and a bit of Omega have served me quite well for the last six years with progress EVERY SESSION. I can project these protocols working for me for at least the next 4 to 5 years ... until someone finds a way to safely stack 45 poundo plates!

Cheers
Grant
Open User Options Menu

Average Al

Grant D. wrote:
Sirion
Max Contraction Training was also rendered obsolete since trainees again developed beyond machine limits. John Little then developed Advanced Max Contraction Training which required assistance, and also became obsolete as strength again exceeded one's ability to find/procure/impart enough gravity circuited weight.

These protocols worked great fro myself ... for about 12-15 months then I ran-outta-weight. Thanks to Little for then revealing Max Pyramid and DoneInOne and then Dr. Darden 303030.

ALL TRAINEES please understand the concept of progressive revelation as it applies to Exercise Science. My current sessions of Max Pyramid, 303030, DoneInOne and a bit of Omega have served me quite well for the last six years with progress EVERY SESSION. I can project these protocols working for me for at least the next 4 to 5 years ... until someone finds a way to safely stack 45 poundo plates!

Cheers
Grant



Oddly enough, John Little himself admitted on the BBS site that Max pyramid (and the other protocols) were as effective as standard BBS, which is pretty much standard SS. The only thing favoring them was maybe less joint stress. So in terms of strength and muscle hypertrophy, there should be no real difference, according the beloved master of ultra intense HIT.

Little gave an interview recently on 15 minute corporate warrior. Says he has a new book in the works, working title is something like minimalist training.

He also reiterated that muscle gains are pretty much capped by genetics, and once they have been training seriously for a few years, most people will have added most or all the muscle they will ever see. So if you are training for decades and still seeing steady progress, something is fishy, at least according to the John Little perspective.

Assuming he is correct (and it seems like he might be), you have to wonder about many of the ideas being promoted in the HIT community. If you hit your limit pretty quickly, then do any of the advanced techniques, special machines, special protocols, special cadences really accomplish anything? Or is most of that just another kind of bro science, of the HIT variety?

When asked about how people can get in touch with him, Little said he no longer has a web site, so.... just leave me alone (tongue in cheek, sort of).

Interesting interview.
Open User Options Menu
First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy