MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Arthur Jones Day
1 | 2 | Next | Last
Author
Rating
Options

Spidercam

To celebrate Arthur Jones day I have arranged 4 of my favourite leg extensions.

What are your favourites?
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

Spidercam wrote:
To celebrate Arthur Jones day I have arranged 4 of my favourite leg extensions.

What are your favourites?


don't have any pics, but my favs were the double machines
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

Yes, I like the Doubles too.

The top left machine is part of the monster Compound Leg Machine.
One of Mike Mentzer's favourite inroad producing tools.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

== Scott==
What I?m most impressed with is the space you have to play with, ha ha.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

== Scott===
I think my favorites are the plate loaded bi tri and the next gen Red pullover. Next the next gen lateral machine. At one point I was desperate for a multi dip chin and I found I hated it and I thought the BNTA would be the end all machine. It?s Only so so. I would love to try that pullover Petrella has that is a pullover pull down combo.
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

== Scott ==
I think the BNTA is a machine that if not done carefully ( like Desimone might say) can put your joints or appendages in jeopardy . I don?t like a machine or exercise where I have to concentrate hard to keep my arms or shoulders or whatever in perfect alignment else I might get injured.
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

entsminger wrote:
== Scott==
What I?m most impressed with is the space you have to play with, ha ha.

Problem is Scott it comes at a high price and there is much still to do.
The machines- Their true value are their function.


Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

entsminger wrote:
== Scott===
I think my favorites are the plate loaded bi tri and the next gen Red pullover. Next the next gen lateral machine. At one point I was desperate for a multi dip chin and I found I hated it and I thought the BNTA would be the end all machine. It?s Only so so. I would love to try that pullover Petrella has that is a pullover pull down combo.


The Triceps side of the Biceps Triceps Combination has got to be one of the sweetest Triceps movements ever.
The machine in the bottom left hand corner came from the facility Mike's Pullover came from. Mike had the find of the century with that one.


Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

entsminger wrote:
== Scott ==
I think the BNTA is a machine that if not done carefully ( like Desimone might say) can put your joints or appendages in jeopardy . I don?t like a machine or exercise where I have to concentrate hard to keep my arms or shoulders or whatever in perfect alignment else I might get injured.


I find sitting to the very front of the seat helps to keep the elbows back in the single joint movement when bringing the arms around in an arc.
It's a very concentrated strict movement which I usually use at the end of a back routine.
Open User Options Menu

AndyMitch

Spidercam wrote:
entsminger wrote:
== Scott===
I think my favorites are the plate loaded bi tri and the next gen Red pullover. Next the next gen lateral machine. At one point I was desperate for a multi dip chin and I found I hated it and I thought the BNTA would be the end all machine. It?s Only so so. I would love to try that pullover Petrella has that is a pullover pull down combo.

The Triceps side of the Biceps Triceps Combination has got to be one of the sweetest Triceps movements ever.
The machine in the bottom left hand corner came from the facility Mike's Pullover came from. Mike had the find of the century with that one.




That looks amazing can you define the difference between the four Don?

Open User Options Menu

AndyMitch

I can?t single out a favourite, but would dearly love the Duo-squat.
I had some great safe intense workouts with Nautilus not one bad one, interestingly enough I can say I?ve had many bad ones on other equipment .

I will add that the double shoulder (press part) doesn?t fit me too well, barreled chest, narrow shoulders long arms doesn?t seem to bed well.

Others love it, Ed Coan visits often when he comes to Australia and he jumps on this machine and presses the whole stack, whilst quite impressive I tell him Edward !! ?You only move it 2 inches!! Lol?

He?s incredibly strong he looks like a collection of body parts.
But I digress
Open User Options Menu

extremeone

I have a compound bi that was retrofitted by Tim Ryan that's pretty sweet. I also have a spidercam plate loaded pullover that just got refurbished which I love, (other than the fact the butt pad is fixed and since I'm kinda short, therefore, I have to use a few elevation pads to get in the proper position). Have a duo squat, thinking of a compound leg. Any opinions?
Open User Options Menu

AndyMitch

extremeone wrote:
I have a compound bi that was retrofitted by Tim Ryan that's pretty sweet. I also have a spidercam plate loaded pullover that just got refurbished which I love, (other than the fact the butt pad is fixed and since I'm kinda short, therefore, I have to use a few elevation pads to get in the proper position). Have a duo squat, thinking of a compound leg. Any opinions?


The compound leg is the most intense quad exercise I?ve used.
It really hurts and I can?t use it often as part of a full body workout
Open User Options Menu

extremeone

AndyMitch wrote:
extremeone wrote:
I have a compound bi that was retrofitted by Tim Ryan that's pretty sweet. I also have a spidercam plate loaded pullover that just got refurbished which I love, (other than the fact the butt pad is fixed and since I'm kinda short, therefore, I have to use a few elevation pads to get in the proper position). Have a duo squat, thinking of a compound leg. Any opinions?

The compound leg is the most intense quad exercise I?ve used.
It really hurts and I can?t use it often as part of a full body workout

Thanks for the response, I think I'll pick one up if I can find the room in my garage.
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

My pleasure Andy
Top left going clockwise-
We have half a Compound Leg Machine. This is a Generation One Super Leg Extension.
When building and stripping these I G-clamp the cam in position and tie the moment arm hard against the rubber stopper. This gives more of a chance of getting the chain in the right position and stops the cam swinging round and chopping ones fingers off.

To the right of that we have the Time Machine Super Thigh Extension. Rare and extremely built. The Cockroach's and this thing will be the last survivors.

Below that Generation One Leg Extension aluminium cam. Sweetest movement of them all. This one is the first out the Virginia Plant- LEXXXXV00001.

Left of that - Time Machine Leg Extension. Large Sprocket at the knees.
Stacking this one you have to build the whole stack up outside the machine then start packing and wedging the whole lot up and eventually the top of the rods will enter the holes in the top of the frame. Then it's a case of carefully manoeuvring the whole lot into position. The normal rod retainer plate is on the underside of the stack and not on the top of the rods as you would expect.
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

AndyMitch wrote:
I can?t single out a favourite, but would dearly love the Duo-squat.
I had some great safe intense workouts with Nautilus not one bad one, interestingly enough I can say I?ve had many bad ones on other equipment .

I will add that the double shoulder (press part) doesn?t fit me too well, barreled chest, narrow shoulders long arms doesn?t seem to bed well.

Others love it, Ed Coan visits often when he comes to Australia and he jumps on this machine and presses the whole stack, whilst quite impressive I tell him Edward !! ?You only move it 2 inches!! Lol?

He?s incredibly strong he looks like a collection of body parts.
But I digress


What a visitor to have I hope you have plenty plates.
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

extremeone wrote:
I have a compound bi that was retrofitted by Tim Ryan that's pretty sweet. I also have a spidercam plate loaded pullover that just got refurbished which I love, (other than the fact the butt pad is fixed and since I'm kinda short, therefore, I have to use a few elevation pads to get in the proper position). Have a duo squat, thinking of a compound leg. Any opinions?


You have some great equipment.
It's worth getting the Compound Leg Machine just to frighten people with.
Open User Options Menu

AndyMitch

Spidercam wrote:
My pleasure Andy
Top left going clockwise-
We have half a Compound Leg Machine. This is a Generation One Super Leg Extension.
When building and stripping these I G-clamp the cam in position and tie the moment arm hard against the rubber stopper. This gives more of a chance of getting the chain in the right position and stops the cam swinging round and chopping ones fingers off.

To the right of that we have the Time Machine Super Thigh Extension. Rare and extremely built. The Cockroach's and this thing will be the last survivors.

Below that Generation One Leg Extension aluminium cam. Sweetest movement of them all. This one is the first out the Virginia Plant- LEXXXXV00001.

Left of that - Time Machine Leg Extension. Large Sprocket at the knees.
Stacking this one you have to build the whole stack up outside the machine then start packing and wedging the whole lot up and eventually the top of the rods will enter the holes in the top of the frame. Then it's a case of carefully manoeuvring the whole lot into position. The normal rod retainer plate is on the underside of the stack and not on the top of the rods as you would expect.


Awesome
What about in terms of intensity of work on these, what difference if any, the spider cam just looks damn mean and aggressive

Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

entsminger wrote:
== Scott ==
I think the BNTA is a machine that if not done carefully ( like Desimone might say) can put your joints or appendages in jeopardy . I don?t like a machine or exercise where I have to concentrate hard to keep my arms or shoulders or whatever in perfect alignment else I might get injured.


BNTA????
Open User Options Menu

1958

Texas, USA

Behind neck torso/arm
Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

hit4me wrote:
entsminger wrote:
== Scott ==
I think the BNTA is a machine that if not done carefully ( like Desimone might say) can put your joints or appendages in jeopardy . I don?t like a machine or exercise where I have to concentrate hard to keep my arms or shoulders or whatever in perfect alignment else I might get injured.

BNTA????


==Scott==
I'm sorry, I should have said Behind the neck torso arm like 1958 said. I made the mistake I'm always complaining about with using abbreviations instead of writing it out.I'm really losing it.It's the machine with the Moment Arm attachment, ha ha.
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

1
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

2
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

3
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

4
Open User Options Menu
1 | 2 | Next | Last
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy