MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
Dr. Darden: Do You Remember This Video with Terri Jones?
Author
Rating
Options

hit4me

Florida, USA

https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=frFRTvJeWXs

Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

Yes, the year was around 1979.

Ellington
Open User Options Menu

Jesse Lee Otis

Ellington Darden wrote:
Yes, the year was around 1979.
Ellington

==================================

Where was that filmed at? Lake Helen?


Jesse Lee



Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

Jesse Lee Otis wrote:
Ellington Darden wrote:
Yes, the year was around 1979.
Ellington
==================================

Where was that filmed at? Lake Helen?


Jesse Lee



It was filmed in Lake Helen, Florida, at the Nautilus Television Studios.

Ellington

Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

== Scott==
After watching this I noticed that when I?m doing my chins for the other thread I am not starting with my chin over the bar but chin or mouth pretty much even with the bar. Tonight I?m going to try chin over the bar.
Scott
Open User Options Menu

Jesse Lee Otis

Ellington Darden wrote:
It was filmed in Lake Helen, Florida, at the Nautilus Television Studios.

Ellington



=====================================
You were awesome there - as usual.

Was Arthur at the helm of the camera filming that particular scene?

Jesse Lee



Open User Options Menu

Ellington Darden

Jesse Lee Otis wrote:
Ellington Darden wrote:
It was filmed in Lake Helen, Florida, at the Nautilus Television Studios.

Ellington



=====================================
You were awesome there - as usual.

Was Arthur at the helm of the camera filming that particular scene?

Jesse Lee



Arthur was around for sure. But I don't remember if he was near the stage or in the control room. We made similar videos of at least 15 different Nautilus machines.

Ellington

Open User Options Menu

epdavis7

entsminger wrote:
== Scott==
After watching this I noticed that when I?m doing my chins for the other thread I am not starting with my chin over the bar but chin or mouth pretty much even with the bar. Tonight I?m going to try chin over the bar.
Scott


When I do chins I try and pull to touch my upper chest. On weighted chins this is much harder for some reason beyond the fact they are weighted. On negative only chins it?s hard to start at that position. NO chins only yielded progression in regular chins when I alternated them weekly. They helped get past a point of further progression on regular chins when progress stalled. Doing NO chins exclusively only made me better at doing NO chins. There is a skill factor in regular chins that you have to account for as you do with any other exercise. Specificity always plays a factor in anything we try and get better at.
Open User Options Menu

Jesse Lee Otis

Ellington Darden wrote:
Arthur was around for sure. But I don't remember if he was near the stage or in the control room. We made similar videos of at least 15 different Nautilus machines.

Ellington



==================================
I have one of those Nautilus multi-exercise machines and love it - most especially the hip-belt squats. At the point in sets when legs are exhausted I can assist a bit with dip-like action on the concentrics for forced reps.


Jesse Lee
Open User Options Menu
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy