MB Madaera
Lost 31.7 lbs fat
Built 11.7 lbs muscle


Chris Madaera
Built 9 lbs muscle


Keelan Parham
Lost 30 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle


Bob Marchesello
Lost 23.55 lbs fat
Built 8.55 lbs muscle


Jeff Turner
Lost 25.5 lbs fat


Jeanenne Darden
Lost 26 lbs fat
Built 3 lbs muscle


Ted Tucker
Lost 41 lbs fat
Built 4 lbs muscle

 
 

Determine the Length of Your Workouts

Evaluate Your Progress

Keep Warm-Up in Perspective


ARCHIVES >>

"Doing more exercise with less intensity,"
Arthur Jones believes, "has all but
destroyed the actual great value
of weight training. Something
must be done . . . and quickly."
The New Bodybuilding for
Old-School Results supplies
MUCH of that "something."

 

This is one of 93 photos of Andy McCutcheon that are used in The New High-Intensity Training to illustrate the recommended exercises.

To find out more about McCutcheon and his training, click here.

 

Mission Statement

H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy

Privacy Policy

Credits

LOG IN FORUM MAIN REGISTER SEARCH
STG Stage 5 Gym
Author
Rating
Options

Michael Petrella

Ontario, CAN

Hello everyone. It has been a tradition that I have shared walk through videos over the years of the different gym's we have built in Southern Ontario. Today we are launching Stage 5 which is are largest facility to date.

I think most will enjoy seeing some of the pieces on the floor. Every MEDX including the medical line and some of the oldest Nautilus machines out there.

Have a great day.

https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=dL5PAnUlvU4

Michael
Open User Options Menu

hit4me

Florida, USA

Michael Petrella wrote:
Hello everyone. It has been a tradition that I have shared walk through videos over the years of the different gym's we have built in Southern Ontario. Today we are launching Stage 5 which is are largest facility to date.

I think most will enjoy seeing some of the pieces on the floor. Every MEDX including the medical line and some of the oldest Nautilus machines out there.

Have a great day.

https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=dL5PAnUlvU4

Michael


awesome gym
Open User Options Menu

Just

Florida, USA

Awesome!

Thank you Michael.
Open User Options Menu

ATP 4 Vitality

Michael,

Outstanding!

Marc
Open User Options Menu

epdavis7

I'm at a loss for words. Wow!
Open User Options Menu

Average Al

Wow!

An amazing collection, and an amazing display of ingenuity in terms of the various designs that are represented.

Nice to see a dead lift platform and a squat rack included!
Open User Options Menu

Chris H

Double wow

I'd love to train there
Open User Options Menu

tensionstrength

This is awesome man!! I haven't even watched the whole video yet. But yea I share your appreciation for this stuff
Open User Options Menu

Bastion

Unbelievable collection!. I wouldn't even know where to begin if I came to your facility. You could open 10 gyms with the amount of equipment that you have. I've been trying to locate a Hammer ground base high pull for a long time, nice to see that you have that rare piece in there as well.
Open User Options Menu

Jesse Lee Otis

When watching the video that Petrella gave the link to I saw a link to a video of Jones training Boyer Coe - and watched that one as well. Check out https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=x_jdwyvrpaY and let the forum know what you think about THAT training session.

Jesse Lee
Open User Options Menu

Bastion

Jesse Lee Otis wrote:
When watching the video that Petrella gave the link to I saw a link to a video of Jones training Boyer Coe - and watched that one as well. Check out https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=x_jdwyvrpaY and let me know what you think about THAT training session.

Jesse Lee


As great as it is to see Aurthur and Boyer Coe, it's disappointing to see how the training session is nothing like what has been written about. Unloading/dropping the stack on each and every rep. No proper cadence. Talking between sets. No moving quickly from machine to machine. To be honest, I've seen soccer Moms train harder and with way better form.
Open User Options Menu

Crotalus

Bastion wrote:

As great as it is to see Aurthur and Boyer Coe, it's disappointing to see how the training session is nothing like what has been written about.


I have to agree. I'm glad I didn't see these clips when I was first learning HIT. Reading Darden's books and Leistner's articles on how hard training should be and training that way got me a whole lot further than seeing a training video like this one.

I have a feeling that this workout must not be typical of how it was really done.

Maybe showing what a real HIT workout was like would frighten away the mainstream crowd Nautilus was trying to bring in ?
Open User Options Menu

Michael Petrella

Ontario, CAN

Appreciate the kinds words everyone. We are in Southern Ontario about an hour west of Toronto so if anyone is ever in the area please let me know and I'd be happy to give a tour in person.

I actually posted stage 1 on this board over a decade ago. Before Facebook was even a thing.

Where does the time go.

Michael
Open User Options Menu

Spidercam

A totally unique exercise facility with some of the very rarest machines on the planet.


Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Crotalus wrote:
Bastion wrote:

As great as it is to see Aurthur and Boyer Coe, it's disappointing to see how the training session is nothing like what has been written about.

I have to agree. I'm glad I didn't see these clips when I was first learning HIT. Reading Darden's books and Leistner's articles on how hard training should be and training that way got me a whole lot further than seeing a training video like this one.

I have a feeling that this workout must not be typical of how it was really done.

Maybe showing what a real HIT workout was like would frighten away the mainstream crowd Nautilus was trying to bring in ?


==Scott==
Having seen Casey go through a workout at Deland and Mentzer at Spartan gym I can easily say watching the ferocious way they really train would be a turn off to most uninitiated folks. The way Jones talked and the way Coe trains it was like a run through to get their camera angles and other stuff sorted out.
Open User Options Menu

HeavyHitter32

Michael,

Absolutely awesome looking place! Truly a dream gym.
Open User Options Menu

Jesse Lee Otis

entsminger wrote:
==Scott==
Having seen Casey go through a workout at Deland and Mentzer at Spartan gym I can easily say watching the ferocious way they really train would be a turn off to most uninitiated folks. The way Jones talked and the way Coe trains it was like a run through to get their camera angles and other stuff sorted out.


====================================

Methinks that you are right. I would love to have been on hand to see the workouts that Jones put Casey through to train him for contests - and certainly the workout where Casey pre-exhausted legs with leg extensions and leg presses with loads of weight, then squatted 501 for thirteen reps - with essentially no rest between exercises. THAT had to be incredible. When were you in DeLand (Florida) ? That is very close to where I live.


Jesse Lee


Open User Options Menu

entsminger

Virginia, USA

Jesse Lee Otis wrote:
entsminger wrote:
==Scott==
Having seen Casey go through a workout at Deland and Mentzer at Spartan gym I can easily say watching the ferocious way they really train would be a turn off to most uninitiated folks. The way Jones talked and the way Coe trains it was like a run through to get their camera angles and other stuff sorted out.

====================================

Methinks that you are right. I would love to have been on hand to see the workouts that Jones put Casey through to train him for contests - and certainly the workout where Casey pre-exhausted legs with leg extensions, leg presses with loads of weight and then squatted 501 for thirteen reps - with essentially no rest between exercises. THAT had to be incredible. When were you in DeLand (Florida) ? That is very close to where I live.
==

Jesse Lee




==Scott==
That was in the 70's when Casey was there. I once thought it would have been great to get any kind of job I could at Nautilus just to be around it and I could have stayed at a friends but I hate it down there. Too hot and buggy, ha ha.I'm more of a could weather person.

Open User Options Menu

Jesse Lee Otis

entsminger wrote:
==Scott==
That was in the 70's when Casey was there. I once thought it would have been great to get any kind of job I could at Nautilus just to be around it and I could have stayed at a friends but I hate it down there. Too hot and buggy, ha ha.I'm more of a could weather person.


====================================

My workout partner has lived in this area since 1955 - and wishes that he would have got involved with Nautilus when Jones had the place in nearby Lake Helen. And he well remembers the quonset hut at DeLand High School; he saw Coe, Schwarzenegger, Casey and others work out there - along with a guy named Larry Gilmore who was real big into that and knew all those guys very well. You are right about the weather here - hot & buggy -- AND muggy as all get-out. I hate it.


Jesse Lee

Open User Options Menu
H.I.T. Acceptable Use Policy